Sign in to follow this  
nik wyer

Let`s look on the bright side.

Ok, so we all feeling pretty depressed today. No new signings, losing another striker,

but things could be alot worse, we still have some quality players, we are playing decent football, we are looking like a "team" on the pitch, and most of all,

we could have been born Ipwich supporters,  compared to s they are in dire straights, selling two strikers, only getting one in on loan, playing poor football, and as stated by Alan Brazil on talksport yesterday, are virtually bankrupt,

so yes, things could be better, but, they could also be a lot, lot worse !!

nik, many people can''t understand the concept of "looking on the bright side" here, but don''t let that stop us.

" are virtually bankrupt, "

Blimey, that''s putting a positive spin on it (shame a few of the eternal whingers on here couldn''t be a bit more cheerful)

In reality the paupers haven''t the means to meet the most basic of their repayments. The supposed two year payment holiday was a clear indication of that, yet their red faced buffoon has claimed that it was allowed by Norwich Union to help them get promoted. Even better, he would be organising another passing round of the begging bowl(share offer) to top up the funds so as to allow the skid row occupants to storm back to their rightful place(!).

If that was not enough they''ve now dragged in another £1m in player sales - albeit much that may well be conditional. And yet what do we see ? A succession of third rate european deadbeats on trial, a trio of premiership castoffs as loanees and our pie munching mate Mulryne as a bit more make weight (pun intended).

All this has added up to their worst start since the fifties, season ticket sales have plunged as have attendances. They survived last year by selling off Bent and have scrapped through this year by further sales and removing the larger wage earners off the budget.

So what happens when they have do have to start the repayments ? How far then can they cut the wage bill or hope that the ground can be filled with kids for a quid. Who else will they be able to flog off ?

And to think that some of the '' so called City fans'' on here would have our club ran in such a third world way as well given the chance.

Ralph, well done for explaining the sordid reality of our neighbours.

It is very encouraging to know therefore that we have a board that will prevent the club to mirror our Suffolk neighbours.  And for that effect they appointed Hunter.

I have read your statements for a while , and have laughed at the way you attack and respond to a lot of people. But I feel today insulted by your comments, and would like you to come up with an explanation and define, what you mean by " a third world way".

I dont want you to classify me as a WO , a KTF, or a whatever your imagination can come up with.

Just answer my question?

[quote user="SI"] But I feel today insulted by your comments, and would like you to come up with an explanation and define, what you mean by " a third world way".[/quote]

I can''t speak for Ralph, but I assume that he means the method of spending everything you have until there is nothing left, and then relying upon others to bail you out (or in Ipswich''s situation, not pay your creditors and give 10% of yourself away for a 2 year repayment holiday).  Many African dictatorships took on huge loans in the 70s to buy guns and declare wars, and generally ran their countries in a despicable manner.  A little over the top, but you get Ralphs'' point.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]And to think that some of the '' so called City fans'' on here would have our club ran in such a third world way as well given the chance. [/quote]

I''m puzzled as to why you would feel insulted SI.  Surely Ralph is only referring to those people who would run our club like ipswich has been run, to let ambition run roughshod over prudence, if they had the chance.  If you''re not one of those, and frankly who with a brain would be, what is there for you to feel insulted about ?

I agree though, it is a bit tough on the third world, likening them to Ipswich.

At least the binners did some buisiness , Buce , Harding  and Legwinski on permanent deals  Noble , Walton and Macken on loan , rather makes the inactivity by their rich neighbours even more embarassing dont you think . Norwich City yesterday let themselves and their supporters down very badly , and probably ruined any slim chance of promotion they did have . Never mind though thats another 2 or 3 million that will vanish by the time the window opens in January.

" Never mind though thats another 2 or 3 million that will vanish by the time the window opens in January. "

Perhap snotworthy you would care to explain what you mean by ''vanish'' ?

You had one post taken down last night for accusing the board of being bent. Can we take it that you feel that money will disappear from the clubwithout any accountably, if so I hope you have the wherewithall to back up such a claim.

It appears I have insulted someone on here by pointing out the perilous state of our impoverished neighbours. Oh dear.

[quote user="NotWorthy"]At least the binners did some buisiness , Buce , Harding  and Legwinski on permanent deals  Noble , Walton and Macken on loan , rather makes the inactivity by their rich neighbours even more embarassing dont you think . Norwich City yesterday let themselves and their supporters down very badly , and probably ruined any slim chance of promotion they did have . Never mind though thats another 2 or 3 million that will vanish by the time the window opens in January.[/quote]

well go and support them then.and how the hell did city let us down and themselves i would rather that city not sign anyone then spend 1 0r 2 million on some old has been.