Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Let show club we are disapointed.

No protests or wothy out demos.

Lets just see how many posters on here are very disapointed that we couldn''t add to our 1 signing. If you are just post ME.

ME

To be honest this seems one of the most pointless threads I have ever read!!! I think we did well getting rid of Leon for what could be eventually 1 million! Things did not work out but that happens in life and in football. It just means that we go with what we have got and maybe youth will get a chance!

ME!

do you really think its gonna do any good though? as if the club cares what is on this forum. the way to make the club realise how the fans feel have all been mentioned before, snub them, write to them etc, but at the end of the day they have a business to run and we the customers are not that important are we?

I''m sure we all, but it''s gone now and we didn''t buy, it''s a risk but that''s the managements choice, so lets just hope injuries and suspensions don''t start to pile up.

Sometimes this forum is bizarre, does anyone really think that the manager and board are pleased with the strength of the squad?  Or pleased to be playing in the Championship?  I think not, people don''t invest their money just for the sake of it they expect some form of return, the longer we stay in this league the more difficult it is going to be to get out (9 years was the last time).  Yes everyone on this board is disappointed at the lack of transfer activity (incomings anyway), myself included but the fact is the window is shut and there''s nothing we can do about it permanent wise until January, just get behind the team and pray that we encounter very few injuries. 

Agreed, there is some shortsightedness regarding chasing players at the last minute of the transfer window when there is all summer but its gone, let''s not forget it''s the 11 players who have played on the pitch who''ve got us into a position where realistically we are contenders after the disappointment of last year.  Lets support the players that are here now for the next 4 months, if we get an injury in midfield, Hughes will play end of story, people may not like it but its a fact.  I may get slated but that''s fine I''d just rather support the 11 players that will be on the pitch starting against Coventry rather than moan about players who are not here "due to the board and the manager"

[quote user="View From The Moon"]

Sometimes this forum is bizarre, does anyone really think that the manager and board are pleased with the strength of the squad?  Or pleased to be playing in the Championship?  I think not, people don''t invest their money just for the sake of it they expect some form of return, the longer we stay in this league the more difficult it is going to be to get out (9 years was the last time).  Yes everyone on this board is disappointed at the lack of transfer activity (incomings anyway), myself included but the fact is the window is shut and there''s nothing we can do about it permanent wise until January, just get behind the team and pray that we encounter very few injuries. 

Agreed, there is some shortsightedness regarding chasing players at the last minute of the transfer window when there is all summer but its gone, let''s not forget it''s the 11 players who have played on the pitch who''ve got us into a position where realistically we are contenders after the disappointment of last year.  Lets support the players that are here now for the next 4 months, if we get an injury in midfield, Hughes will play end of story, people may not like it but its a fact.  I may get slated but that''s fine I''d just rather support the 11 players that will be on the pitch starting against Coventry rather than moan about players who are not here "due to the board and the manager"

[/quote]Good man, common sense does reign in some parts i see.

How a bit of positivity?

We did not get 18 yr old Cotterill for 2m, Wigan did. Wouldn''t be the first time Wigan got someone & it didn''t really work out - Francis?

To get £1m for the not so brilliant Leon in th last yr of the contarct is excellent business. I was dissapointed not to get Eastwood, Kuqi or McLeod, but so be it. They would get injured... maybee.

The sale of Greeno & Leon will give us massive movement in the loan market, remember ''the 3'' when we got promoted? It could really be a blessing in disguise. Imagine the pressure if we are doing really well come Xmas & it is time to make them permanent.

All eggs in one 18 yr basket? No thanks. Much rather have some serious clout in the loan market & try to achieve our No1 aim - to get promoted.

Cheer up, silver linings & all.

Joe

Me.........

But I will say that part of me is kind of glad we didnt spend 2M on relatively unproven 18 year old.

To me the whole deal smelled of last minute "panic buy" because we knew we were losing Leon.

The question I will ask is what were we going to do with this kid?

If Earnie keeps scoring he would either be on the bench or we would have to change our formation.

Me.  Not so much for yesterday but the fact we have had excuse after excuse for 4 months.  Too much spin and not enough action.