Sign in to follow this  
nik wyer

Leon has gone down in my estimation !

When Leon was a Norwich City player, he was always one of my favourites, yes, his first touch was poor, yes, his finishing left something to be desired, yes, he was not always aware of players around him, and yes, he often ran with the ball with his head down, often unsure himself where he would end up, yet despite all of these short comings,  he always gave 100%, loved to get stuck in, and gave his all for us.

But since he handed in his transfer request, he has gone down in my estimation, not for handing in the request, becaus i could understand that, but for the way he stated he would never wear a City shirt again (gallas-esque) and now to top it off by stating he cant wait to see Coventry beat us, i do feel he should at least show some respect for us, the fans, because we always supported him through thick and thin.

Saying that there has just recently been some, shall we say, rather unfair editing on interviews etc, so maybe this is just another example of that, but if this is true, then someone who i always respected has lost it. 

he isnt exactly going to say "now im a coventry player i want to see Norwich come here and put 10 past us" is he?

give the guy a break he is only saying what he is supposed to say!

jas :)

I quote Leon

"But I will be there next Saturday when we beat them!”

Why does he have to talk it up, we were more than fair to him, he could say well I am a Coventry player now so will be hoping we can win but I wish Norwich all the best.   He has no respect for what we have done for him as a club. I am glad he has gone I never thought he was up to scratch anyway it just annoys me that one week after he leaves he talks about beating them as if Norwich meant nothing

OTBC

St.John

I would suggest that it is a symptom a greater ill. Clearly the bloke feels that the club, the manager, certain players (or all of them) caused him problems so this is one way of hitting back.

It might suggest that with Green, Ashton and MacKenzie now gone there is perhaps less tension in the squad and we might get back to having a bunch of players who want to play together for the greater good.

As to McKenzie might I suggest the best place for him to do the talking is on the pitch. Just a shame for all concerned he didn''t feel that Carrow Road was the best place for that.

Not too sure either whether his recent spate with the club will make him a hero, or still a hate figure, when he turns out for his first game in the sky blue at poorman road next weds (lets just hope he has a few spare coins for the meter on the showers in the dressing room though)

Maybe that is his true feelings about Norwich Football Club coming through?

Sounds like he would love to stick one on us for what I can only guess is a perceive slight he feels against the football club. I tend to think we treated him quite well and certainly progressed his career beyond a stage where he is unlikely ever to play again.

Does not really bother that much what he says since we are going to stuff Coventry anyway. Also who would choose to play for Coventry over the mighty Canaries!

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]

I quote Leon

"But I will be there next Saturday when we beat them!”

Why does he have to talk it up, we were more than fair to him, he could say well I am a Coventry player now so will be hoping we can win but I wish Norwich all the best.   He has no respect for what we have done for him as a club. I am glad he has gone I never thought he was up to scratch anyway it just annoys me that one week after he leaves he talks about beating them as if Norwich meant nothing

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]

Gotta say I agree with St John on this, he actually didn''t have to say anything, but as he did he could have chosen his words more carefully!

What about the players he left behind, i''m sure his comment''s will do nothing but spur our current squad on to a win this Saturday. COYY!

I loved Leon as a playewr, my nickname for him was the durracel Bunny!!!

He never gave up!

He always showed the crowd respect and gave his all.

BUT now I must agree, he is showing his stupid bigheaded boxing side, with all the mouth. Why have a go at Norwich? The club that supported him through his crap season last year! Through the so called injury!

Sorry Leon, I think that when you finally play at carrow road again you are going to be in for some stick.

TAXI for Leon!!!

Cheers All