Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Lee Camp on Loan

Agreed it does seem like a good move for us.

What I don''t understand though is why would he want to move. He has started in three of their five games so far this season and although he may feel he will play second fiddle to Bywater in the long term, firstly it seems a bit hasty to give up on the challenge this early and secondly he will only have the same competition here.

It also seems strange that Derby would want to loan out a good keeper, one that has featured heavily so far.

I can only assume that he has thrown his toys out of his pram at being dropped and demanded a move.

Just guessing but maybe we will buy him come January.

Will be interesting to see if he plays or not.  If he does then I imagine he will sign in Jan.

Good signing for backup, but lets hope he isn''t played just for the sake of it, as Gallacher has looked solid and more than good enough so far.

I work with a derby fan and he used to go on how great camp was then last season he started to lose confidence and kept letting in stupid goals and flapping at the ball.

He doesn''t command his area and likes to stay on his goal line but whats saying a new coach and a new club can''t change him into a better player.

Okay for cover but needs to put in a lot of work to be worth signing permanently.

[quote user="paul williams"]

I work with a derby fan and he used to go on how great camp was then last season he started to lose confidence and kept letting in stupid goals and flapping at the ball.

He doesn''t command his area and likes to stay on his goal line but whats saying a new coach and a new club can''t change him into a better player.

Okay for cover but needs to put in a lot of work to be worth signing permanently.

[/quote]

For two seasons he was a key player and linked with big money moves to the Premiership. Then Derby sacked the goalkeeping coach replaced him with a muppet (allegedly) and Camp''s form and confidence suffered - not helped by playing behind a dreadful defence (Marc Edworthy apart). He is a good keeper and with the right coaching will improve.

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

The ''Hunter connection'' maybe, welcome Lee.

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/FirstNewsDetail/0,,10355~893408,00.html

[/quote]

Oh yeah, well of course all positve news is due to him and similarly all sh*t news is down to Worthington! this get a tad tedious to me.

[/quote]

Read my message signature Marty, then guess what camp I''m in!.

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

The ''Hunter connection'' maybe, welcome Lee.

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/FirstNewsDetail/0,,10355~893408,00.html

[/quote]

Oh yeah, well of course all positve news is due to him and similarly

all sh*t news is down to Worthington! this get a tad tedious to me.

[/quote]

I think the suggestion was, Marty, purely that Hunter may have had an

influence as Camp has been part of the England youth set-up.  And

indeed, it could be likely that Hunter has had some influence, not only

in identifying him as a good potential signing, but also in persuading

the player himself.

No one has suggested that this makes Worthy s**t.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

What I don''t understand though is why would he want to move. He has started in three of their five games so far this season and although he may feel he will play second fiddle to Bywater in the long term, firstly it seems a bit hasty to give up on the challenge this early and secondly he will only have the same competition here.[/quote]

From Derby Evening Telegraph :

http://www.therams.co.uk/details.asp?key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|984124792006560108431

[quote]Derby County goalkeeper Lee Camp is to join Championship rivals Norwich City on a three-month loan.

The Rams have been top-heavy with keepers since Stephen Bywater arrived last month and this has placed the futures of Camp and Lee Grant in doubt.

Bywater has been installed as the number one by manager Billy Davies and is expected to return from injury to face Sunderland on Saturday.

Clubs can start making loan deals from tomorrow and Camp will join up with Norwich having been away on England Under-21 duty.

Derby-born Camp was dropped by Davies after the opening game of the season but the 22-year-old stepped in for the injured Bywater against Stockport County and Colchester United.

Davies had words of encouragement for Camp after he had conceded four goals at Colchester.

"Campy was not to blame for any of them," said Davies.[/quote]

Lee Camp, very nice boy, turned down Brighton you know because stripes are soooo last year. Besides, his Citroen C3 is canary yellow and he really didn''t like having all those Rams around him, made him feel quite light headed. Glad to move on, even if he''s being loaned. Ooohh! Makes him feel like a tart!

You know he just won''t take the field without the right accessories, water bottle, gloves, bag all have to match and he doesn''t flap at crosses, it''s just getting the varnish to dry.

Speciality? The ''teapot;'' tipping it round the post love, with a slightly bent arm, a limp wrist and the other hand on the hip and as for a song, well, while mincing up to take a goal kick the crowd give a long oooooooohhhhh! while waving their hands at the sides of their heads then as the ball gets kicked it''s one hand on the hip the other pointing at Lee and a loud ''Get Her!'' before the hands clasp the face and the crowd give a long Aaaahhhhhhhh!

Then it''s off to the showers with a bit of exfoliating followed by a facial and pedicure.

I know I should have got p*ssed and shouted all this steriotypical diatribe from a packed terrace but I didn''t want to give it that much credibility.

Your point Rudolf?

You were just complaining on a recent post about pointless replies. Am I not looking at this with enough imagination or are you drunk?