Sign in to follow this  
nik wyer

Racist fan MUST get Carrow Rd ban.

[quote user="sheded"]

[quote user="GJD"]Made me laugh out loud Hucker. I know at least seven canary fans from Notts including SPat. A great city IMHO and a good night out I have had without a hint of trouble on the far too numerous occasion I have stayed there. Yes these friends have been there for years and they don''t own a gun between them, not even a water pistol! I shall put that necessary item on their Xmas list though and enrole them for Mafia membership...[/quote]

Before you get overcome with your own wit [ or words  that rhyme with it ]    I suggest  you and your cronies  take a walk  through the St Anns area after dark   ...  I can guarantee  an " interesting "  stroll  !   with a bit of luck you`ll just come out a bit lighter  weight wise   , chances are though , that if you get lippy ,  you`ll just end up  in ER  Queens hospital  .... LOL     

[/quote]

Will keep this option in mind next time I visit the Wild West city of Nottingham to see my “Cronies” (surely Merry Men?) from the badlands of Crewe!

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]Are you from Crewe then GJD?[/quote]

Yep.

Currently reside in the sunny delights of Crewe and have done for the last five years.

It was the harshes sentenced the Judge could have given me!!!:)

[quote user="sheded"]

[quote user="GJD"]Made me laugh out loud

Hucker. I know at least seven canary fans from Notts including SPat. A

great city IMHO and a good night out I have had without a hint of

trouble on the far too numerous occasion I have stayed there. Yes these

friends have been there for years and they don''t own a gun between

them, not even a water pistol! I shall put that necessary item on their

Xmas list though and enrole them for Mafia membership...[/quote]

Before you get overcome with your own wit [ or words 

that rhyme with it ]    I suggest  you and your

cronies  take a walk  through the St Anns area after

dark   ...  I can guarantee  an " interesting

"  stroll  !   with a bit of luck you`ll just come

out a bit lighter  weight wise   , chances are

though , that if you get lippy ,  you`ll just end up  in

ER  Queens hospital  .... LOL     

[/quote]

I''m still slightly unclear as to your point. Yes Nottingham has rough

areas (and yes I''ve spent plenty of time in them) and yes those areas

have a higher ethnic minority population than some of the "nice" areas.

Crazily, ethinic minorities tend to be poorer, so live in the poorer

areas. However, are you suggesting that St Anns has gone downhill since

black immigrants moved in? Or that Bestwood estate is less dangerous

even though predominantly white? Not sure about most people, but I''m

equally scared of  gangs of scroats hanging about, regardless of

the colour of their skin! The suggestion with all of this is that black

immigrants have arrived, crime has rocketed  where they live ie.

they''re responsible, and some PC brigade of liberals are trying to stop

the reasonable English owners of this country from pointing out that

fact and protecting their heritage, perhaps on occassion by shouting

abuse at a black footballer. I wonder if that bloke was aware of how he

carried the hopes and dreams of some people on his shoulders, how he

was upholding the rights of thugs to say and do whatever they like,

because it''s at a football match......!

By the way, Nottingham came top of some survey announced today on best places to live in the country ;-)

Sheded - It is interesting that you have a go at the "PC" crowd yet bleat about the infringment of human rights when somebody is arrested, charged and convicted of commiting a crime!!. As for the suggestion that a refund be given on a season ticket if a ban is enforced by Norwich City, I would guess that the terms of the season ticket would give Norwich City the right to ban an individual ejected from the ground, without the right of compensation.

Why are you all getting on to sheded? Is it because he dares to express his opinions? I think you will find Nottingham was just used as an example to begin with. It was the smart ass coments that came out from others focusing on Nottingham.

[quote user="TwoSheds"]Why are you all getting on to sheded? [/quote]Because he''s talking nonsense.Theres plenty of areas in any decent sized city or town you wouldn''t want to walk alone in the wee small hours.What puzzles me is how he makes the leap from that fact to racist abuse being acceptable.In my experience, bigots will use all kinds of flawed logic to justify their deranged views though, so I suppose I shouldn''t be suprised.

[quote user="TwoSheds"]Why are you all getting on to sheded? Is it because he dares to express his opinions? I think you will find Nottingham was just used as an example to begin with. It was the smart ass coments that came out from others focusing on Nottingham.[/quote]

Yeah, it was used as an example of an incredibly dangerous place that just so happens to have a high number of black people (mm, let''s make the link). You also used it as an example of a place where halo-wearing non racists might go and have their views changed (quite why you never seemed to explain). No-one''s getting onto anyone for expressing their opinions are they?

[quote user="TwoSheds"]Why are you all getting on to sheded? Is it because he dares to express his opinions? I think you will find Nottingham was just used as an example to begin with. It was the smart ass coments that came out from others focusing on Nottingham.[/quote]

Lol  two sheds  !  thanks  for the support  , but my shoulders are broad ... built like a brick sh*thouse  actually !    let `em all have a go   ....   [:D]

No worries Sheded. Spat,you seem to be getting mixed up with posts from sheded & myself. Although i must point out that you are not alone there. I have twosheds,sheded only has one

Sorry if I upset you with my post,Sheded, it was intended to be humourous. It seems I chose the wrong medium.

Clearly, if I want to verbally abuse you in an acceptible fashion I should save my groundless opinions for matchdays at Carrow Road, get a few drinks down my neck, strut into a packed stand and mouth off a few expletives and steriotypical comments about you,oblivious to the people around me.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Sorry if I upset you with my post,Sheded, it was intended to be humourous. It seems I chose the wrong medium. Clearly, if I want to verbally abuse you in an acceptible fashion I should save my groundless opinions for matchdays at Carrow Road, get a few drinks down my neck, strut into a packed stand and mouth off a few expletives and steriotypical comments about you,oblivious to the people around me.[/quote]

Jaysus Hucker ....  I think your getting the message !   .....   and the only way you could upset me  , is if you threw a pie  at the back of my head !   because that is a deliberate waste of good food ,  and I wont tolerate that   ....[li]   

There''s a historical link between hard core organised racism and football.  That''s the central reason why Kick Racism out of Football came about, it''s not just some PC nanny-state initiative.

In the past, football matches have been used as a recruiting ground for groups like the National Front and Combat 18.  Not just The Den and Upton Park either, I witnessed it at Carrow Road in 1997.  It''s no coincidence that these organisations were at their most active when football violence was at its height and the police looked the other way.  They have gone underground but they still exist. That''s why zero tolerance is the right approach.

One of the few unpleasant aspects of living in the east end was the presence of the National Front (most of whom lived in Kent or Essex) peddling their beliefs at the top of Brick Lane every Sunday morning under the guise of free speech.  Someone daubed "Kill Paki NF" in large letters on the wall in our street, so we got a ladder and a pot of paint and went to cover it up.  The police came and arrested my housemate for criminal damage.  I promise that''s true.  Nowadays the council employs someone to do what we did.  Call it political correctness if you like, but it''s progress as far as I''m concerned.   

Good grief, is this still going on?

Can''t we all just admit that none of us here are racists, but that it is our tolerance levels that differ?

The original question was "should the offender get a ban?"

The answer from the majority has been yes, to varying degrees, with a

few feeling that the chap has probably been humiliated enough and

should be left alone.

Mind you, it''s probably one of the longest debates that''s occurred for

a while without it degenerating into an argument about whether it''s

Worthy''s fault or Hunter''s influence...Carry on. [;)]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Good grief, is this still going on?

Can''t we all just admit that none of us here are racists, but that it is our tolerance levels that differ?

The original question was "should the offender get a ban?"

The answer from the majority has been yes, to varying degrees, with a few feeling that the chap has probably been humiliated enough and should be left alone.

Mind you, it''s probably one of the longest debates that''s occurred for a while without it degenerating into an argument about whether it''s Worthy''s fault or Hunter''s influence...Carry on. [;)]

[/quote]

Of course it was Worthy''s fault. Who else is to blame?

I was just wondering how many of the people who replied to this thread are black / Asian / SE Asian / Arab?

It seems to me that these boards, and our dear little "family" club, are not reknowned for their multi-culturism...