Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

What is up with most of you?

In my mini dictionary ‘supporter’ comes between ‘supply’ (give or provide with, make available, satisfy (a need)) and ‘suppress’ (put and end to the activity or existence of)

Anybody see a link here??? Wink [;)]

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Dicky"]

If you are still unsure, look up the definition of supporter in the dictionary and see if you fit in with that.

[/quote]

Supporter: a person who backs a politician or a team.

Nothing about blind faith in there, so YES it would appear I am a supporter of Norwich City Football Club!!  [:D]

Anybody else whom posts on this board a supporter then?

[/quote]

I found exactly the same definition (see link), I''m a supporter too [:D] !

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=define%3Asupporter&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
[/quote]

Yep, I''m a supporter.  And I hardly go to any games Dicky - go figure!!!!

[quote user="Dicky"]

How many times on here has someone written "we are all supporters at the end of the day" - is that really so?  The amount of negative angles, sniping at the club, the managers, the players, the board.  Often based on speculation, supposition and scant information.

It seems to me that an awful lot of this negativity comes from posters who are not regular attendees at Carrow Road.  If you support your club, as far as I am concerned you do so through thick and thin, for better and for worse.  We are Norwich at the end of the day and any realistic person must realise that we do not have the finances of one of the big clubs, we cannot get the cream of the players, we cannot expect to be Premiership regulars by default no matter how much we want it.  Not everything will always go our way.

OK, so we have a thin squad, but I feel that our first eleven is the match of anyone in the league.  That is something to feel good about.

At the moment we are second in the league, we are playing great football, we have some of the best players we have ever seen in a yellow shirt - if you can''t enjoy it now, you never will. If you just like to have a moan and slag off the team then maybe you are happy with calling yourself a supporter, but that does not fit in with my definition.

Best supporters in the league?  Some yes, but many no.

If you are still unsure, look up the definition of supporter in the dictionary and see if you fit in with that.

Me, I feel quite comfortable using that tag.

Cue, barrage of abuse about freedom of opinion etc etc.

[/quote]

The irony is you are complaining about the negativity, yet your post contains a negative dig at any fan with a brain and an opinion.

You have consistantly been one of the most negative posters on this message board.

[quote user="USA Canary"]

The irony is you are complaining about the negativity, yet your post contains a negative dig at any fan with a brain and an opinion.

You have consistantly been one of the most negative posters on this message board.[/quote]

I''m relatively new here USA Canary, but I can safely say that the only posts I''ve seen from you relate exclusively to the "conflict" of last season.  You consistently use the out-moded term of abuse "KTF", and you regularly "LOL" at anyone who disagrees with your point of view, showing a lack of disrespect for your fellow posters rather than attempting to discuss the issues.

Dicky, on the other hand, is a season-ticket holder and, if i recall correctly, regular away match attender, travelling the 200 miles every week from the south coast to attend home matches, and who frequently supports the club on this board and gives an honest and rational opinion as he sees it. 

On the basis, forgive me if I value Dickys'' opinion more than yours.  Norwich have been playing some of the best football in the league in the first five games, have the best goal difference and the most goals scored, and our wingers are 2 of the most successful players of the early season on the basis of stats from Actim Index, being American you''d love the stats, check out the club site or the thread 68 crosses in 5 matches for a link to the story. 

With a bit of luck and a flexible attitude towards squad management over the next few months, we could be in a seriously good position to challenge for promotion this season, and to improve our squad in the January transfer window.  On that basis I can see a lot for Dicky, in fact all of us to be positive.  This is why I suspect Dicky is questioning the negativity of posters in here, and he is right to do so.

If you spent less time treating this board like a 8th grade debating society and more like the reflection of the club that it represents, you''d probably realise the change in performance and indeed mood of fans.

Norwich is 100 miles from London.

I for one am getting a bit cheesed off with "i''m a better fan than you" argument.  I too come from the south coast but at the moment personal circumstances prevent me from attending many City games. In fact i was only able to attend 3 poxy games last season. However, i still love this club and regard myself as just as much a fan as the blahs and Dickys of this world.  

Nobody should have to justify their support for this club to any other fan as at the end of the day we all want what is best for the club. Football is a game of opinions, we are all individuals with differing views that at the very least should be respected. 

[quote user="blahblahblah"]  

I''m relatively new here USA Canary.

[/quote]

Yes you are.

[quote]

forgive me if I value Dickys'' opinion more than yours

[/quote]

That has zero to do with my point that one of the most negative posters over the last few years is complaining about negativity. LOL

[quote]

being American you''d love the stats,  

[/quote]

Im not American.

You have consistantly been one of the most negative posters on this message board.

And only last week I was being criticised for being too positive. Aah well....

[quote]I for one am getting a bit cheesed off with "i''m a better fan than you" argument.  I too come from the south coast but at the moment personal circumstances prevent me from attending many City games. In fact i was only able to attend 3 poxy games last season. However, i still love this club and regard myself as just as much a fan as the blahs and Dickys of this world.  

Nobody should have to justify their support for this club to any other fan as at the end of the day we all want what is best for the club. Football is a game of opinions, we are all individuals with differing views that at the very least should be respected. [/quote]

Maybe I didn''t explain myself very well sussex.  I agree that just because you can''t get to every game you are as much a fan as those who can.  You either support a team or you don''t.  However, in this case, Dicky is in a much better position than USACanary (or indeed me) to point out the change in atmosphere as he can get to the games and experience it in person, and to question why some people on message boards are still holding onto last seasons'' arguments.  It''s a valid point.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]"Im not American." Why the USA canary then ?[/quote]

I''m not a cherub either! Anyone else NOT what their username say''s??? [;)]

Me for one.

I''m not particularly creative and my midfielder days are long gone. I adopted the user name several years ago in the still unsatisfied hope that Worthington might eventually sign one but have long since given up hope of that.

Perhaps I should change to ''Lethal Striker'' in the hope that he stops trying to sign them and takes a look at all the other gaps in the squad.

[quote user="canary cherub"]

[/quote]

No comment....

Sussex Canary wrote "... at the end of the day we all want what is best for the club. Football is a game of opinions, we are all individuals with differing views that at the very least should be respected... "

I agree this is true in MOST cases, but there are some in here that care more about getting rid of worthy than what is best for the club. Their personal hatred of him has led some to willingly undertake actions that were designed to damage the club.

You don''t forge petitions through love, not cheer opposition goals, nor bully your own players with persistent booing and hope that the opposition win. These are all things that some extremists have said! How can this possibly be for the club best interests? If they really wanted to help the club they would stop coming to matches.

Please not, I don''t mean normal sceptics and doubters but the diehard extremists like City Angel.

LOL using that assumption then what do we get for..........

"Dicky"

"a load of old squit"

"blahblahblahblah"

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

Sussex Canary wrote "... at the end of the day we all want what is best for the club. Football is a game of opinions, we are all individuals with differing views that at the very least should be respected... "

I agree this is true in MOST cases, but there are some in here that care more about getting rid of worthy than what is best for the club. Their personal hatred of him has led some to willingly undertake actions that were designed to damage the club.

You don''t forge petitions through love, not cheer opposition goals, nor bully your own players with persistent booing and hope that the opposition win. These are all things that some extremists have said! How can this possibly be for the club best interests? If they really wanted to help the club they would stop coming to matches.

Please not, I don''t mean normal sceptics and doubters but the diehard extremists like City Angel.

[/quote]

You must be living in cuckoo land if you think I''m die hard extremist.Anyone would think we were talking about war rather than a football club and as for hatred, Ive never hated anyone in my life, just don''t think hes the right man for the job as Ive said about 100 times now.

Can we move on now and enjoy this season, I have!!!

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Names that clearly are nonsensical.

Are you living in the USA then ?[/quote]Well duh...

[quote user="Who killed the Croutons"]And I''m not a Crouton...I''m a person[/quote]

Yes but what we all really want to know is, did you kill a crouton?

Sorry Angel, I can understand you wanting people to forget your record but I''m afraid that to many moderate people, you will forever be associated with the ignoble attempt to disrupt the club and the forged petition.

I can well understand you wanting to forget that but it was the extreme views that came from the Worthy out campaign that forced me (and from what I''ve read in here) several others to start posting in the first place! For years, I just visited to read the posts but I got so sick of some of the rubbish that was spoken in here last year, I felt that I had to challenge it. Like it or not, the hysteria whipped up last year was damaging and fraudulent petitions are frankly unforgiveable.  

For those that can''t remember, just look back through previous posts - for example there is one of City Angel boasting about all the negative quotes that had been put in the EDP from herself and other posters.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Names that clearly are nonsensical. Are you living in the USA then ?[/quote]

Ahhhhh.......... Now we''re wrong to have usernames which are not accurately descriptive are we????

Well Ralph, you may well be right but if that is the case then you''re wrong because everyone knows that there''s no w in "right", it might sound like right when you write it but I''m surely not wrong, to say that I''m right and you''re wrong in this matter, but if I''m right and you''re wrong then I would have to call myself "Ralph Right" but that would be wrong because that''s what you would be right to call yourself but I might get contrite and purely out of spite incite my right to be called "Ralph Right" since you were wrong and therefore would have no right to call yourself "Ralph Rght" and would have to be called "Ralph Wrong" which not only quite rightly contains the letter W but is probably much more accurately descriptive of yourself........

I confess - I am not really zippersleftfoot,   and do you means to say there may not be a wizard in our midst???  And was dumbledelia really not magic, and is ralph always right?  -  the foundations of my world are crumbling

but it also seems I have to conform to someone elses definition of supporter because it suits their opinion - I must learn to support better clearly - maybe if I was bothzipperslegs he wouldnt keep falling over;  would that make everyone happier?

[quote user="canary cherub"]

[/quote]

I''m not Worthy![:D]

[quote user="Herb"]I really am Herb.
I spend my whole day photosynthesising and stuff.
[/quote]

"Neil! Why have you got the light on? What are you going to do? Photosynthesise?"

Love it...