Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Prediction For 2006-2007 Finish

Naturally, I hope for Norwich to win the Championship this season. Realistically, however,  I do not see it occurring given our present squad strength and my belief of what type of loan players we will pursue. With respect to the latter I believe we will bring in perhaps a couple of journeymen to ensure we can keep a reasonable shape and performance in the event of injuries and/or suspensions. As I have said elsewhere, I believe this will be a building season. I have previously predicted at this time of the season once there was a clearer sense of the club''s commitment position. I expect us to finish around 8th position with 67 points.  

Of course,  I am interested in the opinion of others as to where you think we will finish. For those that wish to throw flak all I would say is that I am trying to look at the thing objectively as I did for the past two seasons where my record is pretty good:

My Prediction      Points                        Actual Finish      Points

04/05           Relegated         34 points                     Relegated         33 points

05/06            9th                  65 points                     9th                   62 points 

I will be delighted to be wrong providing we finish higher than my prediction.

Second with 87 points, two points behind Southampton.

With  my predictions you get far more details, rather than your more obscure shots in the dark!.[;)].

So early to say, where we''ll finish up, espesially with the size of the current squad. As said previously on the board, for the club to put all of their eggs in one basket on a relative unknown, knowing full well that other positions need cover and strengthening was pure madness. Thats why, i''ve got this nagging feeling that it was just a smoke screen, in order to bring loan signings in with a view to buy, ala Hucks. As i understand, there is a weeks grace between the end of the tranfer window, and when loan deals can be completed. ( i may be wrong).This would give the oppotunity for clubs to loan out players that perhaps find themselves out on a limb due to replacements brought in ect. I hope this isn''t naivly looking through rose tinted specs, but as i say, surely the club couldn''t be so daft.............??

As for the final position, well. With the quality of football we''re playing at present, with a few additions, i find it hard to believe that many teams will be too much of a problem for us. So i''d say top 3.

No, or poor loan signings, Dury, Robinson,  + supended. Injuries to Earnie, Shackle +, and i think we''d struggle to make 7th or 8th.

I think the next week will be a big indication of how things will go in the short term. Two away games, and a biggy against Palace, so a couple of big quality loans before then would do us nicely. After all we''ve got 2 mill to spend (alledgedly)!!

12th - 15th We just are not good enough , Ipswich are a side that cost nothing a few free signings and loan players and they look a better team than the one Worthington has spent 5 years and millions of pounds on .

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Is anyone else starting to see the light yet?[/quote]

Yep, saw it ages ago!!

A lot of supporters posting on this forum continue to go an emotional roller coaster because they fail to look at things realistically. We are now halfway through the season. I believe Peter Grant will freshen things up in January and we will do a little better in the second half of the season. I still think the forecast I provided at the end of September will turn out to be reasonable accurate. Compare what I initially stated on this thread with the first response from 1st Wizard ( he said we would finish in second place with 87 points ). This is why this poor man ( and others who feel inclined to agree with him ) goes through his emotional reversals. He cannot be objective in the first instance at assessing a situation. Things will improve but it will take time. After the decision was made to stick with Worthington,  without strengthening the squad, this clearly was only ever going to be a building season. Next season, despite the concerns about the parachute payments expiring, we will probably see a far better effort.