Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Mckenzie Must GO

i agree with citizen.

worthy needs to sort out his attitude.one minute he saying leon is working hard in training and that he needs to fight for his place,then leon turns up for training day before game willing to work and worthy tells him he isnt needed.what is he supposed to do.

sounds as though worthy showing him whos boss.wouldnt be the first time that he done this with players,would it.

im confused .what is worthy playing at.trying to make out that leon is the bad guy.i dont think so.

sort yourself out worthy.leon is more loved and supported by the fans than you are and will ever be!!

At the end of the day only people at the club, namely Worthingto and McKenzie know what the true situation is, it is not fair to immediately point the finger of blame at the manager as usual. Let''s be patient and see what happens. I think he is a useful squad player and if we can keep him and make sure his attitude is good we will have a good asset. He will not be worth what we can sell him for, unless it is significantly over 1/2 a million.

I have no doubt that it was Leons decision not to travel, but you have to ask why he came to that decision. As we all know Leon slapped in a transfer request, which was turned down by Norwich City. Assuming we can believe what has been printed in the local press, NW is on record as saying that Leon is an important member of the squad and that he is going nowhere, NW is also on record as saying that Leon continues to work hard in training. Leon is on record as stating that his decision to put in a transfer request is purely down to football reasons and that he will continue to work hard for Norwich City,  NW is then on record as saying that despite not wanting Leon to go every player has their price (I assume because by now we have had at least one bid from Coventry and we are trying to "talk" the price up) we then hear that Leon said he does not want to travel to Derby as "his head is not right", Leon issues a statement refuting this and states that he turned up for training on Friday and was told he was not needed.

In summary a world of difference between flatly refusing to travel/play for Norwich City and being pushed into making such a decision. Not an attack on the club or NW but my take on the situation, as with all these sorts of situation the truth will lay somewhere between what the club are saying and what Leon is saying, whilst no player has the right to a place I would be sad to see Leon leave the club under a cloud 

Reading the report in the EDP this morning, it states that Leon was asked not to train with the FIRST TEAM.

So maybe (as I wasn''t there) they were preparing for the Derby game. Manager and coach wanted to get their first 11 together, which didn''t involve Leon. So he was asked not to train with them (this isn''t being told not to train at all).

Maybe Leon thought after his transfer request and chat that he would be in the starting line up on Saturday and, when he found out this wasn''t the case, decided that ''right, I wont bother going then''.

It''s possible. I also think it''s far more likely than the manager being completely unreasonable when he has 20 or so others around him to think about. He''s not stupid (let''s see who can''t resist having a pop at my last 3 words...)

[quote user="mbncfc"]

He''s not stupid (let''s see who can''t resist having a pop at my last 3 words...)

[/quote]

Me!! lol

however as it is it specifically states Leon waas told he was NOT going to be involved saturday.  So why bother getting on the bus?  Greeno didnt bother going to leeds.

As it is he is apparantly back on the bench tonight''s League Cup match, that Worthy doesnt give a monkees about, if Neil Doncaster is to be beleive.....

PJ Bimbo wrote on the nest:

"I''m a huge Leon fan and if I''m the only one going to defend him then so be it. He only went to press AFTER Worthington released info about his transfer request and then attacked him over the travelling to Derby incident. He was having his name darkend and made out to be a trouble maker when IMO he had gone about the matter in a respectful, and more importanly, private manner. This blackening of his name could damage his reputation and damage a potential transfer which lets face it is going to happen and if so we need the deal best for NCFC and not Worthingtons over inflated ego. Whether Leon is right or wrong to hand in his request it is Worthington, who IMO, is bang out of order and behaving like a petulant child AS PER USUAL. "

Absolutely PJ, to be honest only one person has ''thrown their toys out of the pram here'' and it is Worthy.  Listening to his tone after Saturday''s match proves this.

ALSO YOU LOT TALK OF LOYALTY!!  WHAT LOYALTY HAS WORTHY EVER SHOWN ANYBODY AT OUR CLUB?

NONE.....  serves worthless bloody right

Mr Foghorn, conviction in your argument! good work... :-)

personally, i think most clubs make transfer requests from players public. it''s not such a big deal. and it is what he did, Worthy explained that he''s still in his plans. Leon explained why he made the request. Even though this has been done through the media, which is never a great idea, they would have chatted about this at the time too.

i stand by my views of the ''Derby/Travelling'' incident as above.

i don''t really think the loyalty point is worth too much comment in response. Nothing in my post referred to loyalty. I haven''t agreed with some of his decisions ( Malky for example) but he''s not paid to be sentimental. The fact NW didn''t walk out despite all the personal abuse (which I''m sure you wouldn''t like to receive) and wants to turn the club''s fortunes around for people like you, me (and himself of course) shows quite a lot of loyalty - in my opinion.

CJF, Your the one who sounds like a petulant child.  You use press statements and reports and hearsay and reconstruct them as factual.  I know what I heard Worthy say but I don''t know what truth there is in any of the statements regarding what McKenzie is supposed to have said in interviews or otherwise.  On another post you made a statement about your meeting with Mr Munby? and what a nice man he was, were you so awe struck and was so much said by him that you actually can''t remember all that was discussed?  After all CJF, that was a first hand verbatim situation, almost an interview.  I think young man as a pretender to the Citizen Journalist insignia you would about be on a par (using your criteria) with Worthy. OTBC!!!

Why oh Why have we apparently rejected a bid of near £1 Million for Mckenzie?

It''s ludicrous!

[quote]Why oh Why have we apparently rejected a bid of near £1 Million for Mckenzie?[/quote]

is it as ludicrous as 2.2 millioin for Rob Hulse ?  Seems to me that a certain figure would enable us to bring someone else in, who has already been targetted.  Once we get to that figure, McKenzie can go.

So on Friday Worthy says that Leon''s head wasn''t right and that he refused to travel with the squad.

Saturday am he said he was very dissappointed with his attitude and he didnt want it to affect team spirit.

Sat night Leon makes a statement to say he hadn''t refused to travel and had been told he wasn''t allowed to train.

Tuesday morning Worthington says Leon has done well in training and is in the squad for Torquay.

So if he did refuse to travel why is he being rewarded with a place in the squad?

Also why was this all released to the press, hasn''t done our club or Leons repuatation much good at all!!

[quote user="beelsie"]CJF, Your the one who sounds like a petulant child.  You use press statements and reports and hearsay and reconstruct them as factual.  I know what I heard Worthy say but I don''t know what truth there is in any of the statements regarding what McKenzie is supposed to have said in interviews or otherwise.  On another post you made a statement about your meeting with Mr Munby? and what a nice man he was, were you so awe struck and was so much said by him that you actually can''t remember all that was discussed?  After all CJF, that was a first hand verbatim situation, almost an interview.  I think young man as a pretender to the Citizen Journalist insignia you would about be on a par (using your criteria) with Worthy. OTBC!!![/quote]

well the press statements came from the EDP/EEN  I guesss we shouldnt take those as fact.

I don''t see why Mckenzie is to blame - he handed in a transfer request - his choice.  Football has no room for sentiment (A Worthington Quote after the Mackay dealing, it was GOOD BUSINESS.), maybe Leon wants games, maybe he wants more money, maybe he just wants out, maybe him leaving now is just GOOD BUSINESS for him.  Its his choice to hand in the request, and earn better money elsewhere if thats what he wants.  He is following the managers interpretation of Loyalty and Good Business....

We turned it down, worthy then told him he wasnt playing Saturday, and to not train with the first team, Leon (not playing) decided not to go to the game.....

Whats the problem then.......................  Apart from the fact Worthy made Mckenzie out to be a villain for not going on the bus

I never met Munby, PJ Bimbo and Iwan''s Ex Dentist did (poster''s on another forum, whom are not the sort to make stuff up.....)

[quote user="cityangel"]

So on Friday Worthy says that Leon''s head wasn''t right and that he refused to travel with the squad.

Saturday am he said he was very dissappointed with his attitude and he didnt want it to affect team spirit.

Sat night Leon makes a statement to say he hadn''t refused to travel and had been told he wasn''t allowed to train.

Tuesday morning Worthington says Leon has done well in training and is in the squad for Torquay.

So if he did refuse to travel why is he being rewarded with a place in the squad?

Also why was this all released to the press, hasn''t done our club or Leons repuatation much good at all!!

[/quote]

well either Leon or Worthy is lying in these statements there is no middle ground here....  It seems Leon has sorted his attitude out quick sharp since he supposed poor attitude on friday however as accordimng to Waghorn''s site he is starting tomorrow!!

if he is to be off it seems a pointless decision to play him in any game...

Then again our great manager played Simon Charlton AFTER  our play-off chances had gone last season...... Worthy''s not stupid?  make your own mind up

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

I never met Munby, PJ Bimbo and Iwan''s Ex Dentist did (poster''s on another forum, whom are not the sort to make stuff up.....)

[/quote]Yeah, I mean, when did anyone ever make something up posting anonymously on an internet forum - its unheard of, right? Especially if it was WOTB, thats a shining light of truth and balance if ever I saw one...Call me cynical, but I believe very little I read on internet forums unless I know the contributer personally.Been a geek since before most of you knew what the internet was I''d hazard a guess, and that much I have learned...

Scoring goals against Ipswich s always going to endear a player to the fans and leon was a tremendously hard worker, but he is not really a top quality striker. Having said that, I would be very disappointed if we sold him and didn''t buy/loan some form of replacement and time is getting very tight. The later we leave it, surely the greater the danger is that we could be "held to ransom" because we are deperate.

CJF I looked back on your post, and I have to apologise to you for my error in reading that forerunner as being down to you, when in fact you were reporting what someone else was saying.  You correctly named them but I failed to take due notice, silly me.

However you still chose to defend their statements which I feel is unwise; its the way rumours are born in the modern day journalism there is a propensity for spin  and innuendo which I personally want no part of.  Because it cannot be told as factual.  Apart from Worthy and his media errors which I am well aware of, I will only repeat what I actually hear from him whether they are lies or not, I have no way of knowing, and I will never repeat second hand allegations from any source.  To defend my standpoint I will say that Mackenzie was for a time well taken care of by NCFC for a long period during last season and for him to behave in the way he has done is in my eyes unpardonable.  He should except that he is part of a squad of players and will be picked when it is likely that the team will benefit from his inclusion.  The team fans and NCFC supported him when he was incapacitated for a long period and from my standpoint he was paid then, and is excepting full pay now, to be ready for his selection in whatever manner he is required, if and when the manager thinks he can do the job required of him.  Financially I would think that he has lost nothing in his association with NCFC neither has his family, that there have been some rumours about his family life and those rumours will be down to him and his domestic arrangements what ever they are.  How they can be laid to rest by a request for a transfer I would not be able to comment on nor can I see how all the upheaval that will ensue from such a move will benefit new domestic situations that arise from such a move if it comes off.  That Makenzie has a troubled domestic situation, is probably in some way down to him and his handling of the situation.  It takes two to quarrel and two to make up and most situations are solvable given the will on both sides.  Also if it is domnestic problem how come a solution can be brought about by selecting Makenzie automatically to play a game of football, there is obviously more to this situation than meets the eye, in other words if Worthy is telling Porkies then I am of the mind that he is not the only one.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

Yeah, I mean, when did anyone ever make something up posting anonymously on an internet forum - its unheard of, right?
Especially if it was WOTB, thats a shining light of truth and balance if ever I saw one...

Call me cynical, but I believe very little I read on internet forums unless I know the contributer personally.
Been a geek since before most of you knew what the internet was I''d hazard a guess, and that much I have learned...
[/quote]

Fair play Herb, I totally agree, however I know PJ Bimbo, and Iwan''d ex dentist is a regular poster known to many. Certainly not the sort of fan to make stuff up....  unlike that chap on Vital Football!!