Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Mckenzie Must GO

After reading the article on this website about Leon, it appears clear to me that he must be sold immidiately because he is currently causing more harm than the good of him playing. His footballing ability is not enough to justify keeping him, because in my opinion we can easily replace him, (whether it is a new signing or give mcveigh or someone more of a chance). I wouldnt really want to keep a good player who didnt want to be here because it would disrupt the team and leave a bad atmosphere, aka  the Ashton situation, so why would   we want to keep an average player who will cause disruption. My message to NW is cut your losses, sell him to Coventry and buy a quality striker with the money you have.

I regrettably have to agree. I love Leon and wish he''d had more of a chance to stake a regular place, but with Earnshaw here I can also completely understand why he hasn''t been given the opportunity. If he''s really desperate to go then we should take the money and move on. I wish he''d stay but if he doesn''t want to be here there''s no sense in keeping him.

At this moment in time I would have accepted Coventry''s second offer- no matter what it was. 

Leon is not a great player.  He is capable at Championship level but his 100% commitment went some way to making up for his lack of first touch, missing of good chances and his poor passing.  If he does not have that "terrier" attitude then I fail to see what he will bring to the team.  Letting Leon go means that Henderson and Jarvis may get more chances to play.  We could finally see if they will make it or not, especially Jarvis who has been highly rated at City and England youth level for a long time now. 

I must say I was really disappointed with the whole situation of Leon not wanting to be included in the squad for Saturday.  He has always been a fan favourite for his attitude and his willingness to work hard for the team.  After less than 10-15 games from coming back from injury and not immediately getting a starting place he appears to have given up and is not prepared to fight for a place.  I see no point in keeping a player with that attitude.

I honestly don''t believe Worthy will get anyone better, if he gets anyone at all. Leon isn''t the disruption I don''t blame him wanting first team football, Worthy is the one causing disruption by not playing him. Can you actually name any better replacements? Sell Mckenzie and in two weeks he''ll be scoring goals against us.

[quote user="UEA Canary"]. Can you actually name any better replacements?
[/quote]

Freddy Eastwood, Nacho Novo, dare i say (you know who i mean), billy sharp maybe. I am ure theres more.

I agree. He has had his time here and been a somewhat mixed success. Its time for him to go. But before he does, we must strengthen, and strengthen now. In order to capitalise on this most welcome turn up for the books, i.e. our solid and pleasing on the eye start, the squad needs enlarging before we can think of offloading dead wood. the onus has now switched to the board. The management and playing staff are fulfilling their part of the bargain thus far. Its time for the board to do the same and   stump up some money. If we run out of players and lose the momentum we have gained, it womnt be Worthingtons guts i''ll be after.  

What absolute rot you post once again UEA. No player has a right to first team football. It is earned on merit and that alone.

If a manager not picking a player is the cause of disruption then why is this non common through the rest of the squad, he rest of the championship and the rest of football ?

Gallacher bided his time, McKenzie should do likewise. The club stuck with him through much and if he feels he wants out then fine but stop taking the wages

However claiming the club won''t find better is absurd were it not taken in context with your regular attacks upon our manager and our club.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]What absolute rot you post once again UEA.[/quote]Was that that necessary? no didn''t think so, I''ll get back to you with a reply maybe when you''ve grown up.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

[quote user="UEA Canary"]. Can you actually name any better replacements?[/quote]

Freddy Eastwood, Nacho Novo, dare i say (you know who i mean), billy sharp maybe. I am ure theres more.

[/quote]1) Freddy Eastwood - I conceed a fair point2) Nacho Novo - Don''t thinks he''s good enough3) He''s never coming here4) Currently playing for Scunthorpe? Well he''s scored alot of goals for them but I''d rather just a loanI''m sure there are more but are they any good and why havn''t we signed any?

[quote user="UEA Canary"]I honestly don''t believe Worthy will get anyone better, if he gets anyone at all. Leon isn''t the disruption I don''t blame him wanting first team football, Worthy is the one causing disruption by not playing him. Can you actually name any better replacements? Sell Mckenzie and in two weeks he''ll be scoring goals against us.
[/quote]

I really don''t see how this is Worthy''s fault.  McKenzie is the one who asked to not even be involved with the squad on Saturday, it''s not as if Worthy has relegated him to the reserves and sent him to Coventry (bad pun alert!).

It boils down to two questions for me whether McKenzie should start a) is he better than Earnshaw?  b) does he compliment Earnshaw as a partner?  For me I would rather have our £3m man up front and it''s debateable whether he is the right player to partner little earn.  Also should Worthington change a formation and team that has so far been fairly effective or should he accommodate Leon because he has thrown his toys from the pram.

The problem here is McKenzie - he could stay and win a place in the team like he did in the Prem season but he doesn''t want too.  He is the one who has decided that it would be easier to look elsewhere.  Worthington has not told him he is not wanted and has done nothing wrong in my opinion.

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

[quote user="UEA Canary"]I honestly don''t believe Worthy will get anyone better, if he gets anyone at all. Leon isn''t the disruption I don''t blame him wanting first team football, Worthy is the one causing disruption by not playing him. Can you actually name any better replacements? Sell Mckenzie and in two weeks he''ll be scoring goals against us.[/quote]

I really don''t see how this is Worthy''s fault.  McKenzie is the one who asked to not even be involved with the squad on Saturday, it''s not as if Worthy has relegated him to the reserves and sent him to Coventry (bad pun alert!).

It boils down to two questions for me whether McKenzie should start a) is he better than Earnshaw?  b) does he compliment Earnshaw as a partner?  For me I would rather have our £3m man up front and it''s debateable whether he is the right player to partner little earn.  Also should Worthington change a formation and team that has so far been fairly effective or should he accommodate Leon because he has thrown his toys from the pram.

The problem here is McKenzie - he could stay and win a place in the team like he did in the Prem season but he doesn''t want too.  He is the one who has decided that it would be easier to look elsewhere.  Worthington has not told him he is not wanted and has done nothing wrong in my opinion.[/quote]

Mckenzie has done nothing but work hard for this team, performed well and deserves a better chance than 10mins at the end of the game. Worthy by keeping him on the bench and not even giving him a proper run out is not giving him a chance to prove himself and in my opinion causing the problem. After reading the article on the official website I got the impression worthy was the one leaving him out of the squad but if I am mistaken then I do apoligise, if someone could clarify this? Also if people are willing to let thorne stay and have a chance, then why not mckenzie? IMO Earnshaw up on his own hasn''t looked good, certainly isn''t working away from home and needs a strike partner. I don''t know if Mckenzie is that person but I certainly think its worth a shot and I would be willing to change the formation, the team is performing well and I think they should be able to handle it.Ralph, just beacuse I disagree with the managers desisions/opinion does not consitute an attack, to blindly insult him yes would be an attack, a bit like what you do to other posters here.

I agree with Ralph that no player has the right to a place in the team, but something just does not add up. We are told that Leon wants to play football ( I would much rather that than a player who is just happy to pocket his wages for doing bugger all), we are told (by NW himself) that despite having his transfer request turned down Leon is still working hard in training......so why the sudden change in attitude from Leon? - Not an attack on the club Ralph, just an observation/question.

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

[/quote]

Not true.  McKenzie asked to train and was told he was not required.

Leon should only go if we have a better or equivalent replacement signed "first" or as a swap.

we''ve spent 600K so far on one player (albeit a very good one) and seen last season''s squad seriously depleted. Pathetic.

no more players out! Stop the exodus NOW.

Its no good selling him for 800Konly to be told by Doncaster & co we only got 400K (and then find we can only spend 200K on a player because the ''real'' cost is double)

as for leon''s omissiion at derby there''s two sides to every story remember and boy did we miss him. We could have won that game with Leon to partner or replace a poor (on the day) Earnie.

Despite his deficiencies he is still a good player to keep and we''ll rue the day we release him.

The board are riding the optimism of a good start. Just think how cheated we''ll a feel if we get a couple of injuries to key players and people start to remember how short-changed we''ve been.

[quote user="UEA Canary"]

Mckenzie has done nothing but work hard for this team, performed well and deserves a better chance than 10mins at the end of the game. Worthy by keeping him on the bench and not even giving him a proper run out is not giving him a chance to prove himself and in my opinion causing the problem. After reading the article on the official website I got the impression worthy was the one leaving him out of the squad but if I am mistaken then I do apoligise, if someone could clarify this? Also if people are willing to let thorne stay and have a chance, then why not mckenzie? IMO Earnshaw up on his own hasn''t looked good, certainly isn''t working away from home and needs a strike partner. I don''t know if Mckenzie is that person but I certainly think its worth a shot and I would be willing to change the formation, the team is performing well and I think they should be able to handle it.

Ralph, just beacuse I disagree with the managers desisions/opinion does not consitute an attack, to blindly insult him yes would be an attack, a bit like what you do to other posters here.
[/quote]

I won''t argue that McKenzie has not worked hard for City.  The goal he scored at St Mary''s two season''s ago was down to sheer persistence as anything else, he had no right to get to the ball in the first place but scored and then ran 90 yards down to the away to celebrate. 

McKenzie said today it was his choice not to travel but that Worthy did not want him to train Friday.  Quite honestly the situation appears to be getting a bit silly and I can''t see a way back for City or McKenzie anymore.  Personally I feel the transfer request, the rejection of the request and the rejection of Coventry''s offer should not have been made public.  The whole situation  appears to be rapidly descending into a "he said this but he said that" childish fight through the media and I think City could do without this right now.

Shame the situation is now getting messy. Worthy is still the boss, and if he doesn''t want Leon in on one particular day''s training then Leon has to live with it. Not spit the dummy and walk out on the team on match day.It''s all getting a bit petty, and I''m disappointed in Leon after he said he was willing to still work hard for the club despite his transfer request. McKenzie surely must expect the management to make plans for games without him in case an acceptable bid does come in. With the transfer window about to close it''s bad timing all round. While we can still get loan players in, I think the stability of a permanent signing would be much more preferable.

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="Ralph Wright"]What absolute rot you post once again UEA.[/quote]

Was that that necessary? no didn''t think so, I''ll get back to you with a reply maybe when you''ve grown up.
[/quote]

If you post untruths about others, don''t complain when the said others bite back. You never did apologise for saying I posted on WOTB did you?.

When clearly I never have!.

Noooo he must not go !!!

Norwich don''t appreciate again what a good player they have in Leon McKenzie.

In our Premier League season he was outstanding !

He has scored 21 goals in 76 matches in total which is not too bad for a Norwich forward.

Only Huckerby and McVeigh have scored more in Norwich colours.

And last season he was injured a few times, not playing that well, but still scored 5 goals in 21 matches.

And now he''s fit again  but not in the team, only one up front yes but for how long ..... ????

This is not gonna work a whole season only Earnshaw up front, come on you need two scoring strikers, every team does .

So please play  McKenzie and drop one of the three mid-mid-mid-midfielders and we will do well and don''t lose a great player like McKenzie.

He is too good to throw away ..... just like that.

Not sure quite what has gone on here cause Worthy and Leon are telling a completely different story. Guess whatever happened it doesn''t look likely that Leon will play in the green and yellow anymore so I think we should take an acceptable offer for him and move on.

Shame cause Leon was always a fans favourite so its not nice to part with him on bad terms.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]

It''s all getting a bit petty, and I''m disappointed in Leon after he said he was willing to still work hard for the club despite his transfer request. McKenzie surely must expect the management to make plans for games without him in case an acceptable bid does come in.

[/quote]

Yeah, but Leon said he wanted to work hard, but was told he couldn''t train!!  go figure!!!

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="Matt Hudson"]

[quote user="UEA Canary"]. Can you actually name any better replacements?
[/quote]

[/quote]

1) Freddy Eastwood - I conceed a fair point
2) Nacho Novo - Don''t thinks he''s good enough
3) He''s never coming here
4) Currently playing for Scunthorpe? Well he''s scored alot of goals for them but I''d rather just a loan

I''m sure there are more but are they any good and why havn''t we signed any?

[/quote]

Billy Sharp is quality i have been up to Scunthorpe a few times recently as relatives up there and watched him play and he would be a real aquisition as with the fact he can hit the nt not like mckenzie... also what about kuqi?? sorry but mckenzie has to go

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]

It''s all getting a bit petty, and I''m disappointed in Leon after he said he was willing to still work hard for the club despite his transfer request. McKenzie surely must expect the management to make plans for games without him in case an acceptable bid does come in.

[/quote]

Yeah, but Leon said he wanted to work hard, but was told he couldn''t train!!  go figure!!!

[/quote]

And Worthy said opposite CJF!, now, I respect your posts, always have mate, but it seems to me you''ll jump on any little hint or excuse of a rumour to bash Worthy.

I tend to believe Nigel, rather than a ''want away'' player, who in my opinion, has disrupted the squad by throwing his toys out of the pram.

Leon has really disapointed me big time I''m afraid.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

And Worthy said opposite CJF!, now, I respect your posts, always have mate, but it seems to me you''ll jump on any little hint or excuse of a rumour to bash Worthy.

I tend to believe Nigel, rather than a ''want away'' player, who in my opinion, has disrupted the squad by throwing his toys out of the pram.

Leon has really disapointed me big time I''m afraid.

[/quote]

Just offhand...  What reason do I have to beleive anything that Worthy says on this issue, he came out in th epress to say Leon had decided niot to travel, whereas in actual fact he had chosen not to travel because he was not going to play and had not been training teh previous day? 

I then here worthy saying after the match that Leon has to work hard for city while he is a NCFC player, but he had NOT ALLOWED HIM TO TRAIN THE PREVIOUS DAY!!  SO Leon has to work hard while at city, but only when worthy will let him train.

As for Leon, no I am not happy he is going, I fully understand his reasoning, he is not going to get a game and worthy spent all summer looking for a new striker, better to get out now than see a new striker sign on deadline day and then barely play another game until January.

He has spent almost half of his career here on the bench as it is...

I truly believe that now is the time for McKenzie to go. The signs for the team are looking promising and any dressing room unrest could decimate that. When a player and a manager shall we say have a disagreement there will only be one winner and it won''t be Leon. I think Neil Adams has got it spot on with his comments

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="Ralph Wright"]What absolute rot you post once again UEA.[/quote]Was that that necessary? no didn''t think so, I''ll get back to you with a reply maybe when you''ve grown up.[/quote]

If you post untruths about others, don''t complain when the said others bite back. You never did apologise for saying I posted on WOTB did you?.

[/quote]Wiz, unfortunatly your post got pushed down and I never saw it again, I will apoligise if I was rude but whether it was the wotb messageboard or not isn''t the point, you were very insultive to worthy in the past here and elsewhere. To suddenly then come on here acting all rightous and angelic seems very two faced to me, especially when most of us have been kinder to worthy than you ever have.

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="Ralph Wright"]What absolute rot you post once again UEA.[/quote]Was that that necessary? no didn''t think so, I''ll get back to you with a reply maybe when you''ve grown up.[/quote]

[/quote]So this is just another 1st Wizard?http://www.wrathofthebarclay.co.uk/interactive/directory/profile.php?member=1stwizard

agreed MH - either leon is taking the P or Worthy is again displaying his famous man-management skills.  whatever occured at training on friday or after on saturday has effectively ended his playing career at city.  with worthy''s track record, he''s more frozen out than a sara lee cheescake now.  unfortnately, we''ll have to face up to reality here, which means leon will be sold for less than our market value, and thats if we can keep potential purchasers interested - did i read coventry are in for akinbiyi?the city board and management must be pragmatic here, this sorry mess needs sorting pdq - the transfor dealing is looming, and also we don''t the team''s morale to be weakened after such a good start.  i hope worthy has played this one with a straight bat, because if leon has been mistreated, this could impact on the togetherness of the team.

Leon has done a good job for us over the years but for the sake of harmony and the team he must go.  I don''t really care who''s fault it is - the longer it drags on the worse it will get.  Leon has a lot of baggage and if there''s one player you don''t want unhappy in the dressing room, its him.

" What reason do I have to beleive anything that Worthy says on this issue, he came out in th epress to say Leon had decided niot to travel, whereas in actual fact he had chosen not to travel because he was not going to play and had not been training teh previous day? "

I''m not sure if poor old foghorn actually bothers to read the drivel he posts up, such is his desperation to attack Nigel Worthington.

Worthington says McKenzie decided not to travel. This proves that Worthington is not to be believed as ........... Leon had decided niot to travel, whereas in actual fact he had chosen not to travel "

So it WAS McKenzie''s decision not to travel - as stated.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" What reason do I have to beleive anything that Worthy says on this issue, he came out in th epress to say Leon had decided niot to travel, whereas in actual fact he had chosen not to travel because he was not going to play and had not been training teh previous day? " I''m not sure if poor old foghorn actually bothers to read the drivel he posts up, such is his desperation to attack Nigel Worthington. Worthington says McKenzie decided not to travel. This proves that Worthington is not to be believed as ........... Leon had decided niot to travel, whereas in actual fact he had chosen not to travel " So it WAS McKenzie''s decision not to travel - as stated.[/quote]

very true Ralph, but Mckenzie had been told he wasnt going to play and hadnt even been allowed to train...  which worthy failed to mention in his ''Spin'' if I can call anything coming out of the worthless ones mouth that....  He tried to make mckenzie look like the guilty party for not travelling, but he had a very good reason not to travel.  he also said ''Mckanzie''s head wasn''t right''

Greeno wasnt going to play in the Leeds game, and he didnt travel. Nothing was made of that??  rehman had a nice long stay watching the matches from the Dunstan Hall bar, nothing was made of that.

It was a deliberate comment to apportion blame to Mckenzie for not being at the match.