Sign in to follow this  
SE London Canary

GREG HALFORD HANDS IN TRANSFER REQUEST

I fully agree with this, How much to you think he''s worth?

On a side note it''s good to see another london canary on here, i''m currently staying in Bromley. Flying the the green n Yellow flag down here!

For the sheer amount of positions he plays well in (RB, CB, CM, RW, S) he could be the answer to our prayers with our squad size being so limited. Anything up to £1m would be worth a punt.

now that he has requested to leave his price must be lowered

at WHU he''d be behind mears, paintsil at right back and apparently they are getting malbranque so that would leave bowyer, yossi on right wing and we know how many stirkers they have

Yes, he''s a great player  but the question is, Do we spend that kind of money on Halford when other parts of the team need strengthening more. At right back we have Colin who''s doing well plus MLJ and 3 academy lads (rossi J, ACB, and spillne). We have croft on the right wing so he wouldnt get a ghame there either. The other positions mentioned, centre half, centre midfield and striker are positions which he could fill if colchester were desperate in league 1 ands indicates people have been playing 2 much championship manager. I would only buy him if he was going to get a game on the right side.

[quote]weve well got to atleast try. he is a class player[/quote]

If they are interested we''ve got no chance.  Better wages, West Ham is a couple of tube stops and a jump on the train away from his current work, chance of european football in a squad that were unlucky FA Cup finalists last season ?  I know which one I''d pick.

[quote user="SE London Canary"]

London Canary - Bromley just down the road for me! you been much this season?

[/quote]

I havn''t been this season yet but i''m going on saturday, i''m really looking forward to it. I sit in the upper river end. Are you at uni/work or do permantly live in eltham? Have you been this season yet?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]weve well got to atleast try. he is a class player[/quote]

If they are interested we''ve got no chance.  Better wages, West Ham is a couple of tube stops and a jump on the train away from his current work, chance of european football in a squad that were unlucky FA Cup finalists last season ?  I know which one I''d pick.

[/quote]

Norwich? [:$]

[quote user="london Canary"][quote user="SE London Canary"]

[/quote]

I havn''t been this season yet but i''m going on saturday, i''m really looking forward to it. I sit in the upper river end. Are you at uni/work or do permantly live in eltham? Have you been this season yet?

[/quote]

And then there were three!

Living just south of Croydon. Palace everywhere, it''s horrible.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="london Canary"][quote user="SE London Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And then there were three!

Living just south of Croydon. Palace everywhere, it''s horrible.

[/quote]

Londons green n'' yellow army!! Ive been to palace away the last two seasons, RIP OFF! and we never win.

I have no idea how these things actually work, but I''m suspicious that when the transfer request is made it is because the agent has been speaking to a few possible clubs and has an idea that someone is going to come in with a bid.  I thought this with Leon and its the same with Halford. I''m not so sure he would go to West Ham, where he is unlikely to get a regular start, with 9 days to go we shall see.

Colchester United utility player Greg Halford has handed in a transfer request.

I personally would be gutted if this one slipped through the net, quality young player with huge potential....

Just a thought, but do you think that the colchester board have blocked an offer for him and he is unhappy about it and wants to move.  It wouldn''t be the first time that this has happened......

C''mon city, offer them 750k plus add ons, make it happen before saturday.............

I didnt realise how many South of the River Nortwich Fans there are!!!

Are any of you connected to CAPITAL CANARIES?

I work with all West Ham Supporters! Why do they think they are so much better than what they are?

[quote user="jimmy500"]

Colchester United utility player Greg Halford has handed in a transfer request.

I personally would be gutted if this one slipped through the net, quality young player with huge potential....

Just a thought, but do you think that the colchester board have blocked an offer for him and he is unhappy about it and wants to move.  It wouldn''t be the first time that this has happened......

C''mon city, offer them 750k plus add ons, make it happen before saturday.............

[/quote]

BBC Essex had an interview with Marie Partner this morning - she said that it was meddling individuals who had unsettled Greg (no names mentioned). She seemed pretty unhappy about it and hoped that they could hold onto him until the transfer window shuts.

and then 5... in Camden. My boss is  a bearded bloke called Nick Blackburn, used to be the chairman of QPR apparently. There''s some pretty dodgy dealings that go on in his office I''m sure...

i live near highbury but am not a capital canary.
im 16 and have membership and am up for going to as many norwich games as possible.
isit worth joining capital canaries???

[quote user="Canary02"]For the sheer amount of positions he plays well in (RB, CB, CM, RW, S) he could be the answer to our prayers with our squad size being so limited. Anything up to £1m would be worth a punt.[/quote]

jack of all trades....

jas :)