Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Torquay v Norwich Match Thread

why has worthy only named four subs? glad he has picked fringe players lets home they show they can do a job, but why only 4 subs is beyond me.

Teams for tonight:

Torquay United: Abbey, Evans, Hill, Andrews, Garner, Ward, Mansell, Angus, McPhee, Thorpe, Woods.
Subs: Villis, Hockley, Horsfield, Motram, Reed.

Norwich City: Gallacher, Drury, Fleming, McKenzie, Hughes, Etuhu, Henderson, Ryan Jarvis, Doherty, Cave-Brown, Robinson.
Subs: Spillane, Halliday, Lewis, Fisk.

Norwich City: Gallacher, Drury, Fleming, McKenzie, Hughes, Etuhu, Henderson, Ryan Jarvis, Doherty, Cave-Brown, Robinson.Subs: Spillane, Halliday, Lewis, Fisk.Makes sense really, no point in risking injuries where we can make changes and give some younger players some experience, although it seems a bit odd to only name 4 subs - surely we''re not that short of players?

I know this is rather "meaningless" game but have to say this is huge surprise. What do you think. Good if we give others a change but quite a change compared to Derby. Hope Ryan bags hat-trick.

why not eagle or el ouargui then? seems strange thats all, if giving other young uns chance why not one of those two also to make up 5?

I assume that neither of those two travelled down to Torquay! Or it was too late for anyone else to be added who was down there...(did all the first team regulars who are missing not travel down at all?)

our already thin squad looks to have another casualty as cave brown is carried off on a stretcher! i hope its not serious for the young lad but reinforces the theory about a small squad when these players get injured we desperately need more bodies in!

Sounds as if Mckenzie''s having a nightmare. 3 Missed Chances, worst than i remember. Lets hope coventry haven''t got a scout down there  or we''ll be stuck with him.

He''s Scored, I don''t believe it!

But then 1 goal from 6 good chances against Torquay isnt great is it.

Well done Dixon, deserved goal and we''re cruising 2-0.

Gone are the days when we''d lose to cheltenham, northanmpton and co.

it''s nice to see the positives from such games, a win and some fringe players having a work out, pleased for the few fans who made the long trip.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

does anyone know why whenever i try to listen to us on radio norfolk it gets interrupted by a bloody lady sayin its unavailable!!???

is there an alternative anyone knows of?

many thanks

[/quote]

I''m assuming you''re listening to Radio Norfolk on the internet.  They can''t broadcast live match commentaries over the internet because they don''t have the license to do so.  I think that the license belongs to the official club site, at one point they were doing match commentaries, I remember listening to one about 3 or 4 years ago when living in the midlands.

yeah sounds as though leon had really good game.and glad he scored ,

hopefully all the negative comments about leon might stop now.after the week he has had with all the media circus etc etc to put in a performance like that shows people what a strong character and professional he is.

he deserves better,im standing by my man!!

Good result and Kathy will be happy to have travelled all that way and seen them through to the next round

Thank you CA but there were over 600 other hardy souls there too. Great effort everybody.

ps.Thank Ggod Plymouth are out!

[quote user="Marty"]it''s nice to see the positives from such games, a win and some fringe players having a work out, pleased for the few fans who made the long trip.[/quote]Apparently there were about 650 Norwich fans there, an incredible turn out considering the distance.