Sign in to follow this  
canarycat

ethuh unsung hero

i have watched dickson play so far this season and i think has been quality and he has lost loads of  weight and seems to have worked really hard on his game         

u were all quick enough to get on his back how about so support

i dont think he''s unsung at all. i think his turnaround has been tremendous, and will get player of the season without a question if he plays at this standard through-out the season. he deserves his first goal he got last night, and im sure there is plenty more in the locker!

I don''t know of anyone who has suggested that he has been anything other than superb so far this season?

He needs to keep it going though. If he carries on in this vein of form he''ll be twice the player a certain D. Francis was for us.

As a so-called WO, I am pleased of Dicksons improved form, but I will reserve total judgement until we play 4-4-2 on a regular basis. By playing 4-5-1, which I can''t stand on a week-in week-out basis, shows that Worthless hasn''t got the confidence in playing two central midfielders. Yet...

But playing a 4-5-1 when we don''t have the ball, splitting to 4-3-3 on attack is the best way we play football. I have no problem putting Dickson on the teamsheet alongside Saffri. Playing a 4-4-2 then means you need two out and out strikers and at present, we don''t have anyone to play alongside Earnie for 90 minutes.

Makes you wonder just how incompetent our scouting system is.

If, as claimed repeatedly on here, Etuhu was rubbish at Preston what did the club see in him and why did they feel they had the ability to bring out the player we now have ?

Are they again biding their time to make more of the same kind of signing(s) rather than grabbing anyone on any terms being asked ?

Is the present wait a ''lack of ambition'' or the club actually knowing a bit more than the placard wavers ?

[quote user="Yellow fever"]He got a terrible time in here from the "worthy outers" in here though - (I use the WO trm applying it to the past btw)[/quote]

I think he got a hard time from most fans last season when he wasn''t performing but this season hes been superb and looks much more fit too.

Well Done Dickson!

As a Worthy Outer, I was of the opininion that Etuhu was awful last season because, well, he was! He obviously realised that, got his fitness levels and attitude sorted out, and is now starting to look a useful player. Well done to him for turning it around.

However, the smug ''I told-you-so''s on here can''t deny that he was poor last season, surely? 

He is unsung simply because it is so difficult to find anything to rhyme with Etuhu.

Yoo hoo! Sounds too camp.

Boo hoo! Sounds too limp.

And Woo hoo! Sounds too country and western.

My point earlier was that perhaps Worthy and the scouts should be given credit for recogising potential. A player unable to make the Preston first team on a regular basis - as an early poster put it - "rubbish." Surely the managemnt team deserve some credit in the turn around as well?

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

However, the smug ''I told-you-so''s on here can''t deny that he was poor last season, surely? 

[/quote]He was dropped into a team short of ideas and low on confidence - what was he supposed to do, he''s not bloody Pele?Everyone was poor at times given the expectations but when it comes to "I told you so", I told you when we were relegated from the Prem it wouldn''t be easy to get back first time and that we wouldn''t in fact be crowned champions just after Christmas...but hey :o)