Sign in to follow this  
Carrow89

Just back

A few days down in the west country. Rather telling sign (perhaps) after the game. As the players are walking diagonally across the pitch towards the tunnel Worthington came towards them at a right angle shaking hands, patting them on the back etc. McKenzie veered away and made no attempt to slow down to take any thanks or acknowledgement from Worthington.

The fans were pretty much behind McKenzie throughout the game - more so in the second half. Make of the first paragraph what you will but McKenzie certainly also seemed at odds with a few others as will.

Hmmm...Very interesting.   Perhaps you''re reading too much into that, but in any case i''m not convinced that this whole spat has been sorted out.  After all the slanging in the media it just seems to be very cosy all of a sudden.  A lot of pride has been dented on both sides and i''m sure that isn''t going to be forgotten easily.

Didn''t go to the game and haven''t seen the goals but I was told that after Mckenzie''s goal, he shrugged off all of the norwich players in a sort of ''solo I''ve done this for me not you, celebration.

I was also told that when Etuhu scored, all of the players gather round Etuhu except Mckenzie who walked off by himself.

Is that true? It could speak volumes.

Mckenzie still wants out, I guess with the manager looking for a new striker he feels he has no choice, for fear of being left on the bench for the rest of the season. 3.5 million pound man Rob Earnshaw being near undroppable.

[Quote user="pinkin"]

“I was pleased to get a goal but I''ve said before that as long as I am a Norwich City player I will be giving it my all for the team and nothing will change that,” said McKenzie. “I am a man of my word and I stick by what I say.”

He added: “Things still stand as they were. I am preparing myself to be on the bench at the weekend and I will be ready to play if I''m needed.

“I did not make the decision to put in a transfer request lightly so it''s not like I''m going to change my mind just like that.

“Nothing has really changed with regards to my situation. I haven''t been given a new three year deal or anything like that,” quipped McKenzie.” [/Quote]

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED24%20Aug%202006%2018%3A38%3A21%3A063

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

Didn''t go to the game and haven''t seen the goals but I was told that after Mckenzie''s goal, he shrugged off all of the norwich players in a sort of ''solo I''ve done this for me not you, celebration.

I was also told that when Etuhu scored, all of the players gather round Etuhu except Mckenzie who walked off by himself.

Is that true? It could speak volumes.

[/quote]

I noticed that YR, after scoring, Leon didn''t want any City player near him, it was that obvious!.

For the most part, I didn''t notice Leon acknowledge the fans either after scoring whereas Dickson made a concious effort to turn and applaud us once he''d finshed being mobbed by all the team bar Leon...

As for Leon''s comments in the press about a 3 year deal, I hope he was trying to be ironic because I wasn''t convinced on wednesday night.

Yep, that''s about the sum of it. Clearly there is still a noticable rift. I have to wonder if this is part of what Huckerby(Ithink) mentioned a few days back.

McKenzie''s whole attitude struck me as odd. I would have thought that by indentifiying with the fans he might have wanted to show that any problems were not of his making.

Completely blanking them is not the best of actions I would have thought, but then we don''t know the whole story I suppose.

I think we should let him move on, said yesterday he still doesn''t want to stay so whats the point of keeping him.