Sign in to follow this  
Loughborough Canary

Advice please

I am going to uni in a couple of weeks and was just thinking that i wont be able to listen to the radio norfolk commentary i usually have on if i dont go to the match.  As i hate missing it completely does anybody know if the new DAB radios can pick up local bbc stations? The only other option would be canaries world - does any body on here use this?

I attend university in the states, so am best in America for most of the season.  I can''t comment on the satielite radio as regards to radio norfolk.  I do however subscribe to Canaries World and although it gets a lot of stick, if your in a foreign country its usually the best you can get.  Personally I am perfectly happy with the service because I can get live commentry, match stats, post match interviews as well as highlights of the game.  From my point of view I think its well worth it.  If your still going to be in the norfolk region you may not think it is.

Jim Kent

I must admit that your best bet is Canaries World, costs a few quid but well worth it if you are not in the Norfolk area. I am based in the midlands and it is great. I spend 2 years in the USA at Uni and it was just amazing being able to listen to footy live, don''t you just love t''internet?

Hi Dan

I''ve got a DAB radio. I''m afraid it works pretty much in the same way as a normal radio as far as picking up signals is concerned. For instance you can''t pick up local staions like Radio Norfolk unless you happen to be near Norfolk, so I don''t think DAB will be your answer.

[quote user="canary_dan"]

I am going to uni in a couple of weeks and was just thinking that i wont be able to listen to the radio norfolk commentary i usually have on if i dont go to the match.  As i hate missing it completely does anybody know if the new DAB radios can pick up local bbc stations? The only other option would be canaries world - does any body on here use this?

[/quote]dan - There was an internet link doing the rounds on here that enabled you to listen to Radio Norfolk on match days. As I am at work I can''t email it to you just now, but I''m sure there are plenty of other posters here who will. If not, give us a shout in 2 weeks time and I''ll send it on to you myself from home.By the way, your uni starts at bit early doesn''t it?

Cheers for the replies everyone.  Im going to loughborough uni so would imagine it would be too far to pick up any local radio.  If the weblink works that would be very handy, but failing that i will sign up for canaries world.

Hi there,

I used to live near nottingham and was able to pick up radio Norfolk on a standard radio... 873 Medium Wave.  Loughbrough isn''t far from Nottingham, so you may be able to get it too...

One thing was though, the signal got progressively worse as the match went on... I was usually able to get the first half fine, but got a lot of interference in the second half.

Hello all, i have just done a quick google search and found this website: http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/

You can scroll down and find radio norfolk and can be listened to using Real Player. I''m currently at work so i am unable to hear it, but it buffers and plays.

Hope that helps

Longy

[quote user="canary_dan"]Cheers for the replies everyone.  Im going to loughborough uni so would imagine it would be too far to pick up any local radio.  If the weblink works that would be very handy, but failing that i will sign up for canaries world.[/quote]

Hi, I went to loughborough Uni years ago, I still live here, it''s a good Uni and i''m sure you''ll enjoy your time here.

[quote user="Jim Kent"] Marty, where is the USA were you for two years?[/quote]

I was at the University of Florida, great days. Although to be honest I am happier back home in the UK.

[quote user="Eddie Gibson"]

Hi there,

I used to live near nottingham and was able to pick up radio Norfolk on a standard radio... 873 Medium Wave.  Loughbrough isn''t far from Nottingham, so you may be able to get it too...

One thing was though, the signal got progressively worse as the match went on... I was usually able to get the first half fine, but got a lot of interference in the second half.

[/quote]

wow, I am in Loughborough and I have just tuned into 873 mw and have a fairly reasonable signal for radio Norfolk, the reception varies depening on certain things but I am impressed. As for the internet live radio feeds, not sure these will work during the game, I think they stop the radion feed.

Does anyone else remember radio Caroline, you''d get a better reception in the Ipswich board room.

[quote user="canary_dan"]Sounds good - not only about radio norfolk working in loughborough but also fellow ncfc supporters in the town![/quote]

You will notice that people around here stare at you in a strange way when you wear your norwich shirt, I have just experienced that!

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="canary_dan"]Sounds good - not only about radio norfolk working in loughborough but also fellow ncfc supporters in the town![/quote]

You will notice that people around here stare at you in a strange way when you wear your norwich shirt, I have just experienced that!

[/quote]

People always stare at me in a strange way - even without me wearin'' a Norwich shirt.......Must be the cyclops eye in the centre of my forehead........Damn those Christmas Island nuclear tests!

[quote user="Longy"]

Hello all, i have just done a quick google search and found this website: http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/

You can scroll down and find radio norfolk and can be listened to using Real Player. I''m currently at work so i am unable to hear it, but it buffers and plays.

Hope that helps

Longy

[/quote]

radio norfolk cuts to a different programme when the game is on as they dont have the required license  i think it cuts back to normal for canary call