Sign in to follow this  
dreamboy3000

The Official Norwich City Versus Barnsley Thread

I am a Barnsley fan and looking forward to a good footballing contest this saturday. I hope you aren''t cocky and arogant like the Southampton fans were expecting to beat "Teams like Barnsley". When you was in the premiership i was wanting you to stay up. I expect playing you will be the hardest match of the season so far.

[quote user="dreamboy3000"]I am a Barnsley fan and looking forward to a good footballing contest this saturday. I hope you aren''t cocky and arogant like the Southampton fans were expecting to beat "Teams like Barnsley". When you was in the premiership i was wanting you to stay up. I expect playing you will be the hardest match of the season so far.[/quote]Should be a pushover, 5-0 to Norwich [;)][:P]In all seriousness though I''m expecting a tough fight as always, but hopeful of a win, it is certainly a game we should be winning if we''re wanting that top 6 finish.

Well if we want to go up this season then we need to be beating most of

the teams in the league at home, but I''d think Barnsley will give us a

decent game. As for "expecting", I learned last season not to expect

anything - only ends in disappointment :)

Heres hoping for a good game, will you be going?

I''m sure that there will be plenty of "baiting" during the game but it is part of the fun and nothing is really meant by (ipswich excepted). Obviously I don''t wish you luck on Saturday, but I do for the rest of the season (except when we play you away). What do you think are realistic hopes/ expectations for barnsley this year?

[quote user="Herb"]Well if we want to go up this season then we need to be beating most of the teams in the league at home, but I''d think Barnsley will give us a decent game. As for "expecting", I learned last season not to expect anything - only ends in disappointment :)
Heres hoping for a good game, will you be going?

[/quote]

I fully agree with you there herb, i think we learnt last year not to expect anything!

I wouldn''t ever be that arrogant as it''s far too dangerous! Yes, were in the Prem last season but we''re not anymore & we''ve lost lots of the players who played in the premiership for us, so it has no relevance really. I''ve got my fingers crossed for 3 needed points but I know we''ll have to battle to get them!

How many fans will you be bringing to Carrow Road?

To answer the questions asked so far directed to me.....

1. I will not be going because getting to away matches with cash and other commitments is hard. I am a season ticket holder for home matches though.

2. My expectations for the season are mid table nothing more or less. We played too good football for league one so more at home now. Brian Howard and Paul Hayes need a good game to make up for last saturday. Marc Richards might be the top scorer in the league, but he''s not too good at shooting. Infact the team usually need 10 chances to score one. He does however work extremely hard on the ball and tries for the full match and well liked.

3. I would think with our 7,000 or so season ticket holders that we should take two thousand on saturday. Your away trip is one of the most glamorous in the league but it''s a long day out.

I think you''ll give us a tricky game but we are very hard to beat at home - even when we''re playing badly - so i reckon 2-1 to Norwich tomorrow.

A lot may depend on our front formation and the ongoing situation with Mackenzie.

respect to barnsley for their good start - however, 2 games a week is tiring and i see 9 of the team who played against soton also played the full game or a decent part of it midweek against blackpool.with a tricky game at fortress carra rd, i doubt if the barnsley  team will  manage a wink of sleep the night before.   barnsley best chance will be to score early on a  sit on the lead,  but if we start well and  get ahead  i really can''t see a way back for the tykes.  sorry, but city are odds on to win and i can''t disagree with that forecast.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]respect to barnsley for their good start - however, 2 games a week is tiring and i see 9 of the team who played against soton also played the full game or a decent part of it midweek against blackpool.[/quote]

We made nine changes mid week from the team that played against Southampton so how you work that out ?

The supporters from Barnsley will see their team given a good thrashing this weekend, they won''t like it and if Norwich fans listen at the end of the game they will hear the last of their summer whine.

With Norwich 5-1 up against 10 men with 20 mins to go.

Why in the hell do we not put Joe Lewis in for some experience in front of a big crowd.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

Why in the hell do we not put Joe Lewis in for some experience in front of a big crowd.

[/quote]Tell me about it.  If Worthy thinks that winning 5-1 playing attractive football and being 2nd in the table is enough to satisfy us true fans then he''s got another think coming.

[quote user="ncfc0405"][quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]

Tell me about it.  If Worthy thinks that winning 5-1 playing attractive football and being 2nd in the table is enough to satisfy us true fans then he''s got another think coming.
[/quote]

WOW, just maybe, some fans can think a little ahead.

I never mentioned anything bad about our performance, thanks for making that up.

I guess we will have to wait till PG is injured or sent off in a game to throw in Joe Lewis.

Hopefully it wont be in a hostile environment with the game on the line.

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="dreamboy3000"]I am a Barnsley fan and looking forward to a good footballing contest this saturday. I hope you aren''t cocky and arogant like the Southampton fans were expecting to beat "Teams like Barnsley". When you was in the premiership i was wanting you to stay up. I expect playing you will be the hardest match of the season so far.[/quote]

Should be a pushover, 5-0 to Norwich [;)][:P]

In all seriousness though I''m expecting a tough fight as always, but hopeful of a win, it is certainly a game we should be winning if we''re wanting that top 6 finish.
[/quote]yes it was a pushover could you tell me the lottery numbers for tonights draw please.

[quote user="king of latvia"][quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="dreamboy3000"]I am a Barnsley fan and looking forward to a good footballing contest this saturday. I hope you aren''t cocky and arogant like the Southampton fans were expecting to beat "Teams like Barnsley". When you was in the premiership i was wanting you to stay up. I expect playing you will be the hardest match of the season so far.[/quote]Should be a pushover, 5-0 to Norwich [;)][:P]In all seriousness though I''m expecting a tough fight as always, but hopeful of a win, it is certainly a game we should be winning if we''re wanting that top 6 finish.[/quote]yes it was a pushover could you tell me the lottery numbers for tonights draw please.[/quote]LOL! very creepy...

[quote user="UEA Canary"]LOL! very creepy...[/quote]What about my prediction? Only got one goalscorer wrong :)http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1/737586/ShowPost.aspx#737586

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="dreamboy3000"]I am a Barnsley fan and looking forward to a good footballing contest this saturday. I hope you aren''t cocky and arogant like the Southampton fans were expecting to beat "Teams like Barnsley". When you was in the premiership i was wanting you to stay up. I expect playing you will be the hardest match of the season so far.[/quote]

Should be a pushover, 5-0 to Norwich [;)][:P]

[/quote]

lol!!!!!!

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="UEA Canary"]LOL! very creepy...[/quote]What about my prediction? Only got one goalscorer wrong :)http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1/737586/ShowPost.aspx#737586[/quote]Yes I saw that Herb, I was gobsmacked! had to double check the time you posted as I though it was a wind up lol

[quote user="UEA Canary"]Yes I saw that Herb, I was gobsmacked! had to double check the time you posted as I though it was a wind up lol[/quote]I is like a mystic ''n stuff, innit?

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="UEA Canary"]Yes I saw that Herb, I was gobsmacked! had to double check the time you posted as I though it was a wind up lol[/quote]I is like a mystic ''n stuff, innit?[/quote]By the way, congrats on your 1000 post [<:o)]

[quote user="UEA Canary"]By the way, congrats on your 1000 post [<:o)][/quote]Cheers, although I dunno if spending far too many hours posting on internet forums is something I should be celebrating (Yay! I''m wasting my life!) but hey! :)