Sign in to follow this  
nik wyer

Best City Performance you have seen?

I go to the matches with my 12 year old son, and he commented that he thought this was the best he had ever seen Norwich play. His favourite match ever was the Man Utd gane where we won 2-0.

so this got me thinking, what match sticks out in your mind as the finest you have ever seen us play? I know we played aginst 10 men for most of the match and their tactics were somewhat dubious, but has my son got a point?

You tell me !

Easy one for me, the 3-2 win at home against Luton. Easy because that was my first match! I picked a good one, it turned out, but after 50 minutes sitting in the rain I wasn''t quite so happy. By no means the best City performance ever, but it''ll stick my head for a long time.

It for me would have to be when we beat Leeds United 4-0 at Elland Road, when Goss scored goal of the season, what people forget is that we had 2 goals dis-allowed that day as well.

We completely played Leeds of the park that day in what was deemed to be quite a tough fixture for us

Walsall (home) in the Champ season - won 5-0 , could have been 10.~Our attacking options that day were frightening.

Also , the season we qualified for Europe - Villa at home.We won 1-0 (Polston) but were playing one of our main rivals and put in a real team performance to get the victory and keep a clean sheet..

At home, Bayern Munich (1-1) in 1993 closely followed by the Wolves 3-1 play off win in 2002.

Away, it has to be Wolves in the play off second leg.  Every one of them magnificent that night.  The sort of game where big words like "Colossus", "Titan", and "Braveheart" were used in evidence (mostly towards Malky Mackay).  One of the all time great Norwich performances.

The game against Southampton when Robert Rosario got his goal of the season was a good one. As was the game against Liverpool when Flecky did Glenn Hysen all ends up. Awesome. So many ah the good old days

Yeah, the Walsall away game was good - one of the few games I''ve managed to attend in person, being a Norwich fan born on the wrong side of the country and now an expat!

Probably the best performance I''ve seen in the flesh, but certainly not the best I''ve ever seen, especially considering the quality of the opposition that day.

That''s a really tough question....best performance I''ve seen was probably when we beat Sheff Wed 5-0 at hillsbrough, or Wolves play off leg at home. Hammering Barnsley on saturday is close too!!

Looking down the posts, a few seem to look back on the years running up, and including the European season. I don’t think we’ve matched this level of quality since, personally, I think the home leg against Vitesse Arnham (excuse the spelling), epitomised . Quality of  football, passing and awareness  at that time was awesome.

However, at times on Saturday, it was like a blast from the past, which all being well, if we manage to keep the side free from injuries, plus a couple of quality last minute buys, will only improve.

Saturday was the first of the season for me due to working away, and although reading match reports that stated how much the side had improved, I couldn’t  believe how basically the same team could change there style, attitude and fitness so drastically. Pleased to be proved wrong by one of the players, and chuffed to see Colin and Robinson doing what I expected they were capable of. Here’s to the rest of the season, enjoy.