Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Hucks showed his class today

I just want to say that was the class performance of the season by any one player today. Quality, commitment and he ran his bloody socks off. That’s what Huckerby is all about. I also feel he gets more freedom now we have a winger on the other side of the pitch. Form is temporary class is permanent. well done Darren.

The man still has class and if he''s not offered a new contract it will be one of the worst decisions made in the clubs history. He won''t go anywhere else but on this sort of form we need to keep him for as long as we can = D

I can''t believe we havent offered him a new contract yet. Not just because he was superb today but because hes the sort of personality/legend that we want to keep.

Cmon Norwich give him another 2 years, he loves us, we love him, imagine us without him next season.

Am a big Hucks fan and was gutted to miss the game today (cause of work - grrrrr!).  Sounds like he is back to his best.

This potentially could be a massive season for Huckerby.  If he is desperate to stay (and in all honesty, I can''t see him going anywhere) then he will pull out all the stops in the next nine months to persuade the club to re-sign him.  The fact that Croft has balanced things up on the flanks is already paying dividends and easing the pressure Hucks had over the last two seasons.

I suspect the club will wait as long as possible before renewing his contract.  He is obviously on a big wage and a lot will depend which Division we are in next season and what the finances are.  This one could run and run...

Must admit Hux played well well but can''t help feeling that no other team this seasons will give him as much space as Barnsley did yesterday - could not believe the acres that Hux had to run into without a player being near him but of course once getting the ball still had to do something with it.  

Hucks is benefitting hugely from having a winger on the other flank and he said so himself by commenting that last year teams would put two or three on his wing and effectively stop Norwich.

In addition to that he has been outspoken and at the same time encouraging: who else could get away with commenting on Etuhu''s mental attitude.

Huckerby is a talisman and deserves huge credit for improving the atmosphere and attitude at the Club, he was probably one of the key figures pushing for passing football.

we now have two working partnership flanks.......croft and colin......huckerby and drury......need i say more?

[quote user="cityangel"]

I can''t believe we havent offered him a new contract yet. Not just because he was superb today but because hes the sort of personality/legend that we want to keep.

Cmon Norwich give him another 2 years, he loves us, we love him, imagine us without him next season.

[/quote]

Again couldnt agree more with you CA - i''m not his biggest fan, and i think he has too much influence sometimes and can throw the toys out of the pram a bit, but the thought of us playing against him fills me with dread and fear. thinking of norwich without hucks isnt a nice thought.

I thought Hucks was awesome yesterday, especially in the second half, best 45 minutes i think i have seen from a Norwich player, had the beating of his man every time, but as rightly said in previous post, this was helped by Barnsley being very kind to him giving him alot of space to run into, but he still had to make use of it, and this he done to devastating effect.

Well Done Hucks, and to rest of the team Superb.

i have to say the red card was a bit of a blessing in disguise yesterday because Barnsleys number 2 had the better of hucks early on... i think it would of been an unhappy day for Darren had the defender not of had to move into the center when the red card was shown.

jas :)

The key  to Hucks rampage  ... is room ,    simple as that !   Barnsley  were up against it  with ten men  ,  so he didn`t have the usual bodyguard    on the left wing   ....   and Crofty certainly took the weight off ...  in a word , Hucks had a field day ! 

The question is , will Nigel  take a cue from this ?   hope so !   our opponents  in the next match    will  already be  making  " arrangements "  .......  

[quote user="Steeno"]i think alot of our performance yesterday was down to barnsley having 10 men[/quote]

i agree

it kind of flattered us, just a tad......

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i have to say the red card was a bit of a blessing in disguise yesterday because Barnsleys number 2 had the better of hucks early on... i think it would of been an unhappy day for Darren had the defender not of had to move into the center when the red card was shown.

jas :)

[/quote]

totally agree, the blonde right-back looked sharp and had Hucks under control first 10 minutes until he had to move into centre of defence.

agreed jas - the blonde no.2 looked to be as quick as hucks - even in the second half, hucks tried to take him on down the line and couldn''t outrun him.  having said that, hucks played well, especially 2nd half and did the biz.  crofty gets into positions, but he needs to work on delivery for me - too many high crosses, i''d like to see some hit on the floor along the 6 yard box for earnie to nip on to.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]I just want to say that was the class performance of the season by any one player today. Quality, commitment and he ran his bloody socks off. That’s what Huckerby is all about. I also feel he gets more freedom now we have a winger on the other side of the pitch. Form is temporary class is permanent. well done Darren.[/quote]

You`re not wrong Hardhouse !   having looked through  the posts on this thread  , I get the impression that the only way  Hucks can please `em , is to  fly  into the ground  in a tight fitting  costume  , wearing his pants  on the outside !         some damn with faint praise , whilst others just can`t hide  their grudges  ....

Bite the bullet guys ,  without Hucks   we`ll never get NEAR  the play-offs !!  

The No 2 could only controls Hucks when he tried to go round him on the outside. As soon as Hucks started to cut in from the left no one, including the No 2, could get near him. You have to give Hicks credit for this, as it appeared to be a deliberate ploy.

In fact after the 5th goal their defence was arguing on who should mark him as nobody wanted the job. I do not think that 11 men against us would have made any difference with Hucks in this type of form.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]funny sheded, hucks is playing much further up the pitch from last season......  what a surprise......[/quote]

Thats true Foggy !   and it shows ,  but we still need  him as a centre forward   IMO  , his markers  wont be so keen   to kick his legs away   when he`s yards from the box !    Drury is well competant  to take over the left wing job ......