Sign in to follow this  

I was dissapointed some sections of the crowd booed when Leon came on as sub. So he has asked for a move, so what!!, he still still gives 100% to Norwich City. As I have stated before if it is OK for the manager to blag a contract extension surely it is OK for a player to do the same.

I was shocked when I heard the boos, ok he''s asked for a move but how can anyone boo a player who''s on the pitch wearing the green and yellow.

So if you booed, tell us why!

Totally agree Angel and its way out of order.

I may be many things, but I never have/will boo City players, you just don''t do that kind of thing!.

mackenzie! whoa-oo, mackenzie! whoa-oo,

he scored 2 against the scum,

thats all he''s ever done........

i think the reason why he was being booed is that, apart from being vey enthusiastic when he plays, he must be the most over-rated ''striker'' we have ever had, his goal tally is very poor, we paid his wages for the best part of a year while he was sorting his head out and just because we now have a couple of decent players ahead of him he puts in a transfer request, rather than sticking it out and fight for his place.

i dont agree with him being booed, but he cant seriously expect that we wont take his current behaviour lightly.   

Firstly, I don''t agree with booing a player whilst he is still representing Norwich City FC, but I''d hazard a guess that the people booing are doing so because they''re seeing McKenzie''s requesting to leave the club in light of our tremendous start to the season as really quite pathetic, especially when one considers how small the squad already is; it''s not as though he''s three or four places down the pecking order & is never going to see first team action.

Beings there looks to be no imminent signings, I, as a 28 year old decent, but by no means quality striker, would personally be delighted to sit on the bench & wait my turn behind the likes of Earnshaw at a club that is clearly gunning for a spot back in the top flight - a place this club has previously taken him and a place he would never have played had he remained at Peterborough where nobody else was interested in him.

[quote user="yella fella"]

mackenzie! whoa-oo, mackenzie! whoa-oo,

he scored 2 against the scum,

thats all he''s ever done........

i think the reason why he was being booed is that, apart from being vey enthusiastic when he plays, he must be the most over-rated ''striker'' we have ever had, his goal tally is very poor, we paid his wages for the best part of a year while he was sorting his head out and just because we now have a couple of decent players ahead of him he puts in a transfer request, rather than sticking it out and fight for his place.

i dont agree with him being booed, but he cant seriously expect that we wont take his current behaviour lightly.   

[/quote]

Your opinion on the ability of Mckenzie are quite right and i do like your little song. But i still think that booing him is a little out of order though he must go

Mckenzie whooooooah Mckenzie whoooooaaaaaahh

He scored against the scum

Back in 1951!

Mckenziee...................

i was too busy cheering to hear the boos - and i''m shocked that he was booed - can any say whereabouts int he ground it was?

he didnt show too much though did he?

Some Pleb behing me booed when his name was announced only to cheer like a kid on Xmas day when he came on with us cruising the match.

I think Leons a class act and will be gutted when/if he leaves...

who would u rather? Leon or old Boy Thorne?

jas :)

No it wasn''t too loud but we heard it in the City Stand and it didnt come from there.

i was in the community stand and i thought leon got the biggest cheer out of the 3 subs for sure, i didnt hear any boos.

Personally I do not like to hear our players being booed. OK so he has asked for a move, I would suggest anybody with less than 12 months on their contract would do the same, given that no extension to that contract looks iminent. I could understand the reaction if Leon had refused to play for the club ever again, gone on strike, refused to train, bad mouthed the club/supporters etc, he has done none of these things, he continues to give 100% to the cause.

Ralph - Please tell me where you stand on this issue (For the record I did not take part in nor do I condone the abuse hurled at NW last season)

I too am shocked to hear Leon was being booed.  Couldn''t hear any boos from mid way up D Block though, in fact there were a few people singing stuff like "Leon must stay".  Have to emphasise this is only from the area around me, haven''t heard from anyone in anywhere but L Barclay.

[quote user="city-till-i-die "]he should go play for a f**k*** club where he wants to be at .  [/quote]

so you don''t sometimes want to leave your job? As long as he performs when he comes on I don''t care what is on his mind. People tend to forget that playing football is a job for these players, it is also a short career so whatver his reasons I think we should respect them, afterall he hasn''t slagged off Norwich has he? players do have the right to want to move, days of undivided loyalty, i.e. players spending their life at one club, are over.

I never have and never will boo anyone who pulls on the yellow and green. End of.

Booing is most counter-productive.........but, it has been around for centuries. I don''t do it - because I have other ways of airing my discontent - like blowin'' raspberries, breakin'' wind, guffawin'' and the good old Roman amphitheatre thumbs down[N].

Is Leon pushing for a new contract? Is it a personal thing? We don''t really know what the situation is.

I understand that collecting bed-sores on a dugout bench is not the idea of fun for a pro-footballer.........but, his opportunity will come again with a squad of our size. Maybe he should adopt the Wee Paul attitude, purchase a comfy cushion to sit on - whilst doing time on the bench and still doing his bit.

I think Mr Wee Man Paul has behaved with an impeccable and exemplary attitude.......Good on him.

Leon will hopefully once again ''get himself sorted'' although I don''t think the grass (for him) will be any greener anywhere else in the Championship and, if he wants to be Numero Uno on the teamsheet - he may have to drop a division. As I ramble and type this, Leon may be discussing contract negotiations with another club before deadline approaches. Whatever! They come.....they play......they go.......Cheerio! and Thanks!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]The KTFers finally made there voices heard!!  [;)][/quote]

Maybe I am being dim, but could you explain the comment Foghorn?

I didn''t hear the booing from Upper Barclay (quite the contrary).

What disappointed me more was the reaction of his team-mates he tried their best not to pass to him.

As for Leon, I''m disappointed that he''s asked for a transfer but with only a year on his contract and little prospect of playing bar the occasional injury its understandable. At least he''s being honest which cannot be said for the petulant Ashton who played a significant part in our last disappointing season (and is still lauded on this board).

We cannot afford to sell Leon. We need an additional striker not one less. DO NOT sell until we have signed two strikers first.