Sign in to follow this  
blacko

Attemted robbery

On our ticket site some bloke is offering Watford tickets for £300 each. That is a disgrace, I hope he is a tout not a genuine fan. If I had a spare ticket I would never want more than the face value for it. Vince says it is not breaking the law to offer for sale at a profit. But it is definitely against the spirit and should not be allowed on the site

It is a disgrace but it is something you will have to get used to Blacko. This sort of touting is going to happen every week in the premiership, especially for our home games and the big away games. I know one scumbag who has got a season ticket in the south stand and intends to auction it off for every single home game next season. Already he has recieved payment of £150 each for the Arsenal and Man utd games, and has had good offers for several other games. He doesn''t care who has his ticket as long as they come up with the money. He doesn''t even like football. The worrying thing is, he''s not the only one. Disgusting.

so a ticket to see the arsenal/man u is worth £150? there are some sad people out there.

to anyone thinking of paying £300 to go to watford next week, forget it. pay £9 to see the beam back - not exactly the same but the party atmosphere will be there nevertheless and i reckon we''ll have a lot of fun.

You get used to this thing following England away.

Usually scousers or mancs selling tickets around 10 times face value.

Trouble is, this will bring away fans into the home areas at Norwich, which will cause trouble.

You heard it here first, sadly.

The club and police are going to have to learn to deal with vast quantities of away fans, and learn quickly.

Vince, surely this should not be encouraged. Doesnt it say specifically on the back of the ticket, not to be sold on.

Now of course there are exeptions. I couldnt go to Reading away so sold my ticket for £20 to a guy looking for one off this board. I can''t see a problem with that. But blatent advertising by touts should not be allowed IMHO.

Surely it''s all relative to what you earn. If you are wealthy then £300 will be small change. Plus, this offer is an opportunity to buy a part in a moment of city history.

Let''s not be naive here, football is big business. You only have to look at the varying seat prices at Carrow Rd see that. Is the view really any better in the middle of the City Stand to anywhere else? Is the price of an Executive Seat (£1300) worth it? Of course not, Delia and Co realise that the rich have money and want to spend it, so they give them that opportunity.

While I don''t condone the exploitation of ordinary fans, there are a few deep pocketed people willing to pay inflated prices. £300 would nearly pay for my season ticket next year. If I wasn''t such an insane city fan I might be tempted to see if I could scam the fat cats too.

Presumably every time he sells his season ticket he needs to give the credit card ticket to the chump who has stumped up £300 and needs to get it back to resell, if I paid £300 I would want to keep the credit card as a memento. If not returned what does he do then apply for a replacement, if so this should cost and if happens more than once be taken away.

I bought my season ticket on Saturday in time for price rise 2/5 and when promotion was a foregone conclusion and expect to use it perhaps for 12 games at most what with Monday night and televised games, if club make it worth my while and not just £5 I will make available for resale, otherwise I have a good mate who may like to use. But certainly would not dream of charging over £20 a game.

Something should be done to try to prevent this, perhaps a spot inspection of season ticket holder identities.

Although now we are a Premiership Club I shall miss the homely atmosphere of Div 1 football when you could decide to go and get in on matchdays, a thing of the past.