Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

neil adams says protests made no difference!?

CJF Wrote:

We could argue these points all day

We have done!

I think your right. I''m not getting anywhere with you on this one but I would still like you to find out what these fans behind the dugout heard if at all possible?

I suspect not at all what you suggest or read into but I would still like to know.

Yellow Rages:

Point 1 - How do you know he did not say this ?, actually maybe you are right maybe he did not say this and left all the decisions to Foley after all Ippo are now playing along ball game to the big man up front by all accounts......

Point 2 - So Martin Hunter has brought the confidence, and his coaching style is responsible for us playing the way NW wants, and apparently you know this is how he wanted to play last season, how do you know this? and what does it say about the influence of NW this year and last year, presumably last season he just did as he was told by "long ball Foley"

Point 3 - See point 2 above.

Point 4 - You have once again fallen into the usual trap of assuming that only those that protestd vociferously were the ones "protesting", what about the number of letters the club receieved from fans renewing their season tickets but making it clear that they were doing so because they supported the club and that their renewal should not be seen as an endorsement of what went before (a fact acknowledged by Norwich City at the time). Dare I suggest that the board are acutely aware of what another poor season could do to the club financially, and maybe just maybe the employers had a quite word in the employees "shell like" explaining that his backside is on the line if performances do not improve?

But in the end what Neil Adams says is just an opinion, what you say Yellow Rages is just an opinion, what I say is just an opinion, all of the posts on here are just opinions - unless of course NW, MH, DS, MWJ or members of the Board are posting on here!!

And for the record I am not a member of WO, I do not boo Norwich City players, I did not attend any form of protest and I did not write to the club (no point as I have a three year season ticket)

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

Blah Wrote:

I don''t understand why some people have to so "black and white" regarding NCFC.

This is a natural human reaction to something someone doesn''t understand. It''s not just with NCFC, it''s a daily occurance in everything we do as human beings.

You do see this happen often on this board, from a WO, KTF and nuteral stance. It''s not exclusive to one party but it is exclusive to mankind.

[/quote]

Yellow Rages - your peurile comments are both patronising and incorrect.

CJF understands, quite coherently, that Worthington + last season = hoofball. This season + Hunter = Decent football. Even you should be able to understand that. If not, let me know and I''ll try to explain it in simple terms.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Paul and accuracy. Goodness me that''s asking a bit. Mind you he did post on here at 5.59 on saturday which does suggest a fair degree of devotion - or someone with a reasoned turn of speed to get out of the ground, back home, fire up the computer, read various posts, compose a reply and have it approved in such a short time ![/quote]

Actually I get back at about 5.20! 10 minutes to get back to my car and 15 minutes to get home thus missing the traffic....

And I do fire my laptop up immediatly whilst listening to Neil Adams try to handle the monkeys ringing in on Canary Call!![:D]

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

Blah Wrote:

I don''t understand why some people have to so "black and white" regarding NCFC.

This is a natural human reaction to something someone doesn''t understand. It''s not just with NCFC, it''s a daily occurance in everything we do as human beings.

You do see this happen often on this board, from a WO, KTF and nuteral stance. It''s not exclusive to one party but it is exclusive to mankind.

[/quote]

Yellow Rages - your peurile comments are both patronising and incorrect.

CJF understands, quite coherently, that Worthington + last season = hoofball. This season + Hunter = Decent football. Even you should be able to understand that. If not, let me know and I''ll try to explain it in simple terms.

[/quote]

I think you meant ''puerile'' but never mind.

You have no reason to feel patronised by being part of the human race. Thanks for the point of view on that though. You say incorrect but you stop there. This suggests to me that you either don''t have any foundation for the comment or you just don''t know why you stated it. Please elaborate on that one for me. It''s a weak argument right now.

To the best of CJF''s knowledge he does understand coherently and that''s the problem.

I wish you were right though if it was as simple as you say. Wouldn''t the world be a doddle.

Were back to this black and white simplistic world again though aren''t we. I won''t need you to explain in simple terms this time, it''s as simple as it gets and here lies the problem.

CJF has kindly provided us with the evidence that passing football was the aim. If you read back you will note a comment from Worthington, talking about earning the right to play football. That''s right, to play football. Players (namely Drury and Flem) and manager alike have stated that the aim was to play football. That''s right, play football. So what is it you don''t understand about that?

Are you saying all of these people are lying to us?

You did get the second bit right though by some miracle. Hunter + this season have helped us to play good football. He has helped bring back the confidence lacking from last season.

I''m not sure what else you will need, in order to see how it is. I''m not able to get the entire team round your place for afternoon tea this week to discuss, so you''ll just have to listen up and take in what they say when interviewed in the future. But then they are all probably liars though aren''t they. Infact, they are all out to get you! Be careful and check the wardrobe tonight they might be waiting for you in their.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

Yellow Rages:

Point 1 - How do you know he did not say this ?, actually maybe you are right maybe he did not say this and left all the decisions to Foley after all Ippo are now playing along ball game to the big man up front by all accounts......I don''t know but common, do you really think he did? Honestly? Because that is what is being suggested further up the thread.

Point 2 - So Martin Hunter has brought the confidence, and his coaching style is responsible for us playing the way NW wants, and apparently you know this is how he wanted to play last season, how do you know this? and what does it say about the influence of NW this year and last year, presumably last season he just did as he was told by "long ball Foley" I know this because he and some of the players have all said so post last season when interviewed. For me it says that Worthy and Foley were unable to influence the side to a high enough degree last term to make an impact. It also tells me that the inclusion of Hunter, has greatly improved this issue.

Point 3 - See point 2 above. See above

Point 4 - You have once again fallen into the usual trap of assuming that only those that protestd vociferously were the ones "protesting", what about the number of letters the club receieved from fans renewing their season tickets but making it clear that they were doing so because they supported the club and that their renewal should not be seen as an endorsement of what went before (a fact acknowledged by Norwich City at the time). Dare I suggest that the board are acutely aware of what another poor season could do to the club financially, and maybe just maybe the employers had a quite word in the employees "shell like" explaining that his backside is on the line if performances do not improve? I admit, I had not considered the other supporters who may have written letters. Perhaps their has been even more work done that I first implied. I have not suggested anything else as far as the board are concerned. I am aware that the board would be acutely aware of the financial impact of another poor season and again have not suggested otherwise. May I politely ask you to read my point four again. Maybe you misread what I stated?

But in the end what Neil Adams says is just an opinion, what you say Yellow Rages is just an opinion, what I say is just an opinion, all of the posts on here are just opinions - unless of course NW, MH, DS, MWJ or members of the Board are posting on here!!

And for the record I am not a member of WO, I do not boo Norwich City players, I did not attend any form of protest and I did not write to the club (no point as I have a three year season ticket)

[/quote]

As you can probably tell from my comments to your points, I too am neither WO or KTF.  I think you are the first person to constructively reply with basis. What this has done is it has allowed me to have a decent discussion and not feel the need to keep asking ''why do you say that'' or ''Where is the proof of that.''

I am concerned that Worthy wasn''t able to get the confidence back in the side after relegation. I think it put a question mark over his head in terms of his man management in training. Maybe Foley wasn''t pulling his weight and from what I understand Hunter is very lively and commited around Colney. 

Enjoy the season! 

None of us will ever know whether a difference was made or not.  Those protesting, including myself, will like to think it had some small part in the change in focus and those against the protests will always say they had no impact.

What we do know is that there WAS a huge sea change in footballing style between May and August for the benefit at the club and for that we are ALL grateful - please enjoy what is currently happening on the field and stop worrying about point scoring and perpetuating orincreasing divisions within the clubs big fan base (largest champs attendance again on sat, and larger than several prem games again)

OTBC

So Paul, no explanation as to why as a supposed City fan you didn''t know that Foley had left the club. Are you connected to USA canary who appears to have not read much lately either and is claiming that the real supporters don''t credit Hunter with any change ?

Seems very odd that the same twists get repeated by different ''names'' on here.

Fair dues to you Yellow Rages, I do not believe NW wanted to play it long, and I see the appointment of Hunter as a very positive move. I think my main point would be that the response from Norwich fans to what was a poor season (whatever form that response took) probably had more of an effect on the club than is being given credit for.

I am enjoying the season and long may it continue!!

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]So Paul, no explanation as to why as a supposed City fan you didn''t know that Foley had left the club. Are you connected to USA canary who appears to have not read much lately either and is claiming that the real supporters don''t credit Hunter with any change ? Seems very odd that the same twists get repeated by different ''names'' on here.[/quote]

You will find that I replied to your comment on my Foley error on page two of this thread. at 6.02pm.  Go take a look! [:D]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Citizen Paul. Could you please tell us how you failed to notice that Foley had left the club ? I accept that you post an extraordinary amount of what could politely be called ''bargain basement accuracy'' but even you should have known that Foley had joined the paupers down the road.[/quote]

I meant shelf stacker Keith Webb whom apparantly coached our disorganised mess for much of last season

[/quote]

Why do you call Keith Webb a shelf stacker?

Never read so much bickering on a post in years - you lot are worse than me and the missus - so much is all about last season which is now history - we are now in a different season and doing bloody well - get to grips with that and stop harping about who''s responsible for this - after all does it matter as long as we are up there

[quote user="A load of squirt"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Citizen Paul. Could you please tell us how you failed to notice that Foley had left the club ? I accept that you post an extraordinary amount of what could politely be called ''bargain basement accuracy'' but even you should have known that Foley had joined the paupers down the road.[/quote]

I meant shelf stacker Keith Webb whom apparantly coached our disorganised mess for much of last season

[/quote]

Why do you call Keith Webb a shelf stacker?

[/quote]

When he first came to Norwich City he stacked shelves in the club shop.

[quote]

[/quote]

That''s quite beautiful, Paul.  Well done.  You''ve managed to find a microcosm of what is wrong with your posts.

You take one characteristic, piece of information or perceived flaw about a person, and you apply that to everything they do. 

What possible relevance does Keith Webbs'' former job have to do with what he does now ?

What possible relevence does your perception of Worthingtons'' comments about "earning the right to play" equalling hoofball have to this season ?

I could go on, but I''m starting to bore myself.

[quote user="blahblahblah who realises its funny to change the name of someone so infantile and abusive as Ralph Wright"]

[quote]

[/quote]

That''s quite beautiful, Paul.  Well done.  You''ve managed to find a microcosm of what is wrong with your posts.

You take one characteristic, piece of information or perceived flaw about a person, and you apply that to everything they do. 

What possible relevance does Keith Webbs'' former job have to do with what he does now ?

What possible relevence does your perception of Worthingtons'' comments about "earning the right to play" equalling hoofball have to this season ?

I could go on, but I''m starting to bore myself.

[/quote]

I''m bored of it too....  his whole 5 and a half season''s here have been based on work ethic and defensive football.  anyway my views are here.

http://www.thenest-ncfc.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=227&mode=&order=0&thold=0

If Hunters coaching, tactical positive attacking attitude and general ability to do all the football related stuff and worthy''s....  well...... errrrr ...  discepline, err talking to the press, ability to motivate players lol and ability to create a big enough side for Hunter to get us promoted with work well together fair enough.

Holt over Safri!!!!  lol what a joke  Hooves lol

Any fool listening to any one of the managers in this division will know they all tell you the same thing - you have to be prepared to fight and play unpretty football at times in this division if you are to get out of it. But of course, Mr Foghorn, Paul, whoever you are, you clearly know best with your intimate and first hand knowledge of the inner-workings of the Championship game.

That article shows incredible naivety - at a stroke you dismiss everything anyone connected with football at Norwich has said over the last two years. What on earth makes you think you know even remotely better than them is beyond me. You clearly have not listened to anyone with an ounce of common sense or understanding of the game as a whole. But then I guess you wouldn''t be able to write such unreasoned nonsense if you had. At least you''re getting reactions. You''ve incensed me enough to drag me out of retirement after all.

actually paul he came here as aplayer but got injured and had to quit the game. you like to quote all these so called things and harp on about all the bad things, see my recent post reference pulling together. the time has come surely to move forward instead of continually going on about the likes of worthys inadequacies or the fact that you want sutton here! id like to see ronaldinho here but it aint gonna happen either!

[quote]

[/quote]

Safri was injured most of that season, when he was fully fit he got in the team. I remember when you liked Andy Hughes, you said he was a top bloke.

I''m afraid that we''re going to have to treat all information you give us within the parameters of you recent knowledge on Steve Foley and Keith Webb.

It is unfortunate citizen paul or however he masquerades as is taken so seriously. Time and time again his ill founded rants have rested on nothing more substantial that a wish to portray the club in a bad light.

There are others who will claim allegiance to the club but post nothing but stuff attacking the club. In the main it is not reasoned criticism but an unrelenting barrage of abuse and smears. What is it with these people ? Doug Livermore appears to be the chosen target this time.

We are currently doing very well. It looking good both on and off the pitch yet we still have the same people scraping around to snipe at the club.

Why not give it a rest citizen foghorn ? Take a few days off until the next game and if you have to post something make it something that you think is ok with our club.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote]

[/quote]

Safri was injured most of that season, when he was fully fit he got in the team. I remember when you liked Andy Hughes, you said he was a top bloke.

I''m afraid that we''re going to have to treat all information you give us within the parameters of you recent knowledge on Steve Foley and Keith Webb.

[/quote]

actually squit, safri sat on the bench for far too many games - he started a few even in september during our diamond formation lol time and was scapegoated back to the bench after the Liverpool debacle

Hughes could prove useful now he isn''t first name on the teamsheet like last year, the less we see of him on the pitch the beter we will perform - muchlike last season.

Anyway, I am going to enjoy the great football we are playing and stick to my pre-season assessment - if we don''t finish top 6 he should be sacked.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="A load of squit"][quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

actually squit, safri sat on the bench for far too many games - he started a few even in september during our diamond formation lol time and was scapegoated back to the bench after the Liverpool debacle

Hughes could prove useful now he isn''t first name on the teamsheet like last year, the less we see of him on the pitch the beter we will perform - muchlike last season.

Anyway, I am going to enjoy the great football we are playing and stick to my pre-season assessment - if we don''t finish top 6 he should be sacked.

[/quote]

Actually Paul I was applying your ''if I make it up it must be true'' reasoning, and its nice to see you''re sticking by you mate Hughesy.

What''s all this derision of people for jobs they did in the past? Haven''t we all done low grade jobs or even things we regret?

Must we be judged by them for the rest of our lives. I am not ashamed to admit I was once a porn star, but I was young and needed the money.

[quote user="Ramrod"]What''s all this derision of people for jobs they did in the past? Haven''t we all done low grade jobs or even things we regret? Must we be judged by them for the rest of our lives. I am not ashamed to admit I was once a porn star, but I was young and needed the money.[/quote]

Good points Ramrod, and I''m the 1st wizard, who once wanted Worthy Out, but now it seems I''m not allowed to change my mind according to some people!.