Sign in to follow this  
ca

Sunderland v West Brom

Will you be watching on Sky, what do you want the result to be for us and then what do you think the result will actually be.
I''ll be watching and hoping for a draw but I think Sunderland will win 2 - 1

I''m praying for a draw. Both teams drop points, sunderlands hopes slip further away and we get a 4 point league for the title!

Would like-

Sunderland 1
West Brom 0

Will be-

Sunderland 1
West Brom 2

I''d much rather have a Sunderland win. Only becuase I think we''ve got a big enough lead on them and would really like a 5 point lead on West Brom. That way we can afford to lose a game (away at Sunderland maybe) and still win the title.

Now we are definately up, I want the title, however this means that we will have to go and get a draw at least with sunderland away. West Brom have, Bradford, stoke, Notts Forest and Reading left, all beatable, as are our games, except Sunderland, Our goal difference should mean that we get away with the title by gaining a point. Although this is a funny old league and either team can slip up, I feel the Sunderland game will decide the title.

1-0 west brom final score, 93rd minute Koumas strike.

so correct me if i am wrong,

if Sunderland dont win on Wednesday, we are mathematically up.

If they do win, then we need a point at Watford to confirm it?

PS West Brom were awful.

The Baggies are the most boring team in the League, yet they keep winning in the final minutes. Megson will say the result is more important than the quality, which is exactly what he will say next year, no matter what division they are playing in.

Game is over, West Brom did their usual and sneaked winner in injury time. Good result as far as I''m concerned because unless Sunderland win at Palace midweek, we are promoted. West Brom will have Gardsoe and Koumas missing for the next game so expect the gap between us to widen. Still on to win the league outright and the way we are playing at the moment I can''t see us losing. Stick with three up front against Watford and we should cause their defence real problems. Cannot wait for the last home game against Preston. Ole Ole Ole Ole going up up up.

silver fox, you are right that Koumas and Gaardsoe will be missing for their next game, but as it''s at home to Bradford that shouldn''t, in theory, cause too much of a problem. We can only hope that, with their relegation confirmed, Bradford might relax, play a bit better, and nick a point. The only two games where they might drop a point or two are away at Stoke and away at Reading. Other than that I can only see maximums for them, so we must win as many as they do and the title is ours. I think they need to win one more than us so they finish one point ahead as equal points will give the title to us on superior goal difference.

i thought the same but at least we played football against reading!!!! west brom played in their own 1/4, not even their own half!!!! They know how to ruin the beautiful game!!! We need to make sure we win the league cos they don''t deserve it!!!

Reading will be highly motivated for the game as they may well need to win it to get into the play offs.

Having nothing to play for does funny things to teams and you just cannot predict what is going to happen. Look at Wimbledon yesterday- already down but beat Bradford away to send them down too.

So long as we play like we did yesterday I think we have nothing to fear.

By the time we meet Sunderland they will hopefully already have guaranteed a play off place so they might even rest their key players for the semis. We need to cheer Sunderland on against Palace and Wigan so they too have nothing to play for on May 4.

Does anyone know west brom''s remaining fixtures?

They were oh so lucky today but it just means Watford''s gonna be one huge party, so glad my dad''s got us tickets!

Let''s just pray Sunderland kick the Scum''s ass in the play-offs shall we?

And justice will be served.

By the way, is it just me or is Joe Royle the funniest man in the division? Echoing Pink un quote from last issue he seems to think his players are the best inh the league, despit their results and league position. It could be the manager''s fault....

Oh, we''re gonna win the league, walsall stood no chance, bring on the Arsenal!

West Brom 4 games remaining
- Bradford (H), Reading (A), Stoke (H), Forest (H)

Sunderland 5 games remaining
- Crystal Palace (A), Wigan (A), Crewe (H), Norwich (H), Burnley (A)

Apart from our trip to Sunderland we ought to be looking for maximum points - West Brom''s last three are all potential banana skins for my money.

City for the title! OTBC

even if sunderland do beat palace we could still be up before we kick a ball again. why? u may ask. well the reason is because sunderland''s game against wigan(A) has been moved to saturday 12:00 to be on tv, so they have got 2 more games before we play watord. so even if they do beat palace they will then have to go to wigan and win or we will be up before our game kicks off.

Woodford Canary, I might be wrong but I think West Brom''s game against Stoke is away. I seem to remember it was scheduled for a Saturday several weeks ago but had to be postponed due to adverse weather. Although they won''t be playing for much, perhaps the Norwich connections at Stoke (Russell and Akinbiyi) will do their best to help us on the night. We can but hope!

Had my worst nights sleep in ages last night. We may not be mathematically up yet, but after Sunderland v Binners result and our wins against reading and walsall I dont think anyone doubts it. Now its all about can we win the title. I was totally confident B4 yesterdays result but now Im all worked up and moody again. I''m lovin it really but at the same time I just cant wait for it to be all over so I can sleep properly again.