Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Big Ron Manager

Yes, i though the same and now realise why he was released. I was one of the ones who was gobsmacked at his release last year, but now admit that worthy seems to have got things right again, his attitude and inconsitency seems to be the reason that big move didnt materialise.

No wonder peterboro failed to go up, the attitude in their dressing room is appalling with Crow, the in fighting and that Sean St Ledger is a right big headed idiot. Barry Fry is definately mad. Lets just hope Worthy doesnt follow that bleasdales example by solving our striker problem with Naz Kuqi or someone from wealdstone!

Thoroughly agree, Crow was criticised by Fry, Big Ron and Bleasdale for being a gobby workshy little sod, and although there''s undoubtedly talent there, "work-ethic" has to be in question and as we all know, Nige won''t stand for a lack of that!

Bleasdale comes across as a complete pillock though, with no man-management skills whatsoever. One of those occasions where you look at the man in posession of the job and realise there''s not such a big gap between the knowledge of pro''s and fans after all. Most fans will look at that and think "I could do better than that", and they''d be right. To be fair, probably his two best players were the biggest pains in the arse, St Ledger and Crow, so it would be difficult for him to stop the rot and get rid of the troublemakers. However, a lot of confrontations he brought on himself by rabbitting on and moaning at the team for ages when a few short, pointed remarks and withdrawing from the dressing room would have been far better.

Just goes to show that there is a lot behind the scenes that us fans dont even know about and are too quick to criticise people at the club - if the reason Crowe was released was because of his gobby attitude and arrogance then good riddance to him. 

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="NavMan"]Gobby attitude and arrogance then good riddance to him. [/quote]

Roy Keane, Craig Bellamy anyone?  the manager on that show was utterly useless.

(obviously he aint as good...)

[/quote]

Keane and Bellamy - gobby yes, workshy no, overweight definitely not

Remind me Paul, what was it you were saying in the close-season regarding Crows'' release by Worthington ?  Something along the lines of a travesty ?

Maybe yuo''ll be slightly more willing to take the managers'' point of view in future, on the basis of what can happen behind closed doors ?  Benefit of the doubt and all that ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Remind me Paul, what was it you were saying in the close-season regarding Crows'' release by Worthington ?  Something along the lines of a travesty ?

Maybe yuo''ll be slightly more willing to take the managers'' point of view in future, on the basis of what can happen behind closed doors ?  Benefit of the doubt and all that ?

[/quote]

Right, I''ve had enough of this.

blah, and the rest of the childish na-na-na-na brigade, why do you want to perpetuate a civil war that was one of the most shameful episodes in the club''s history?  Ceasefire NOW! 

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

blah, and the rest of the childish na-na-na-na brigade, why do you want to perpetuate a civil war that was one of the most shameful episodes in the club''s history?  Ceasefire NOW! 

[/quote]

Well, that''s me told :).

Absolutely MM. Playground stuff.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="NavMan"]Gobby attitude and arrogance then good riddance to him. [/quote]

Roy Keane, Craig Bellamy anyone?  the manager on that show was utterly useless.

(obviously he aint as good...)

[/quote]

I will agree that Bleasdale appeared to be an awful manager with no idea on how to motivate players.  It was either the "hairdryer" style ranting or the sickening over the top praise for how good the players were.

Did you watch the show CJF?  Crow appears to have talent (we saw an excellent finish for a goal) but he is overweight and his attitude was awful and not just towards the manager.  His attitude during the games and training was poor.  There was a point where he stropped away from the training ground saying "Drop me you pr**k" because he didn''t want to do something.  During the games he was almost stood still most of the time.  That lack of effort is not something you would get from Keane or Bellamy.

Considering the fact that TV cameras were there you would have thought Crow would want to make a good impression - maybe this is the reason he never got that move to Watford?