Sign in to follow this  
city-boy

do fans on this website still want worthy as manager?

yes . hes doing a good job this season so far and he has brought in a quality coach,  theres no reasons for any worthy-outers

If we get promoted then yes....  I don''t like the guy but hey, I just wanty to see norwich do well.  Lets see what happens when he has to started making the management decisions. - He is quite a lucky manager, I doubt we would be doing so well had we signed his Plan A or B Steve Howard rather than an actual right winger he should have signed 3 years ago.

[quote user="city-till-i-die "]yes . hes doing a good job this season so far and he has brought in a quality coach,  theres no reasons for any worthy-outers[/quote]Whatever is in the best interest of the club, personally I don''t think I''d be able to make that kind of call. But as things stand I would say yes, whatever doubt I had in my mind is now extinguisted

No!!!! He said he didnt care what us fans think!! We said Etuhu was rubbish and he should have listened!! Worthy Out!!! [;)]

I still want him gone and for Delia and Wynn Jones to have NOC of the club. I cannot forgive either party for the last two seasons. They made a hash of it and I''ll never forgive them for that. Delia will probably want credit for not sacking Worthington, but this was because she was too weak and not a tactical desicion.

Hunter is getting the credit for me, because Worthington has proved time and time again that he cannot get the best out of the team. That said, with Rob Green gone, who was a huge WO, the team probably is more settled than on previous occasions, yet I believe it is Hunter who is getting the respect of the players - Not Worthington, who is becoming a passenger of his own making.

Long term no but at the moment i dont think we can complain as we said at the start of the season give him 10 games and he looks as tho he has turned it around for the time being.

IF we get promoted ....i cant see it happening but i would wanna see him go. Hindsight is a beautiful thing and had we got a new man in when we got promoted i think we would of stayed up as he was very very naive! I could see the same happening and my face has only just recovered after the tear marks that i had!

Players get replaced when teams go up ie poor malky so why should it be different??

[quote user="canary cherub"]No!!!! He said he didnt care what us fans think!! We said Etuhu was rubbish and he should have listened!! Worthy Out!!! [;)][/quote]

Etuhu was rubbish last season !  everything was rubbish last season !!  [ Hucks apart :) ]     it doesn`t matter if Nigel  thinks we`re a bunch  of prats  , as long as he gets  the team  working   like now .... who cares what he thinks ?

Etuhu  has seen the light   [ it seems ]   no comment  , he just has to  play as he has been doing  for each match   , he`ll soon be reminded  if he slips into idle mode ......

yes, why not, everything is going well so far and we are hardly going to sack him ?

Yes, as long as progress is being made.  That doesn''t just mean results but improvement in the playing style and attitude of the squad which thankfully has come on in leaps and bounds.

[quote user="John Boubepo"]If Worthy can hide behind Martin Hunter until the end of the season - job done! 
[/quote]

What if he can''t?

What if he continues to manage like he is and Mr Hunter continues to do what he is doing?

What then?

Are you saying if it continues the way it is we won''t do well?

If Martin Hunter is the reason for the change why do we need Worthy?

Still no chants of "worthy''s green and yellow army"

I believe fans are enjoying the ride at the moment but are still not happy with Worthy as boss

Definitely not, I would still like to see the back of him as soon as but given our reasonable start I guess the question wont arise until the end of the season.

If we dont get promoted, which even with our start I still think is highly unlikely, then hopefully the board will have the bottle to dump him this time, but somehow I rather doubt it.

sack him now!!1. We are only second in the division, that makes this season a failure.2. He was responsible for sticking with etuhu and Robinson until they have got some good form.3. He has brought in a new coach who the players are saying has got new ideas (GOD FORBID) 4. The team are playing Good football. He Really has to go before he goes and gets us Promoted!!!!

No.  We''ve had a good start at HOME but i''m far from convinced this nothing more than just a flash in the pan.  

Question: How on earth are we going to win promotion with a squad s small as this?

Even more burning question: Considering we were a premiership outfit but 2 seasons ago why do we have one of the smallest squads in this division ?

Lastly, don''t you think its scandalous that we don''t look as though we are going to make any signings before the transfer deadline? 

just because he is doing a good job AT THE MOMENT

doesnt mean anyone still likes the guy

i for one, am not particularly fond of him, however, while he is still here, doing a good job, i can see no reason not to back him at the moment, so i am going to back him and the team.

But if he slips back up, it wont take me long to get fed up and want him rid, especially after last season!

I hope he doesn''t, so heres good luck to Nigel and the team

case closed

lets move on!

C''mon you yellows!

Pleased with the start and the way things seem to be going, but to me its all more evidence against Worthy. We had two really poor years under him where he had lost the plot. Hunter comes in and many things seem to have changed. I don''t believe this is down to Worthy so I think that anything we achieve this year will be despite him not because of him.

If Hunter is coaching then Worthy needs to be looking at strengthening the squad and providing more backup for our paper-thin quality resources. Not much evidence of that either right now.

I won''t march in protest or sign petitions or chant against him, I will support the team and the club but privately hoping for a managerial change at some point. 2.5 decent home games doesn''t change my mind- [and by the way we were absolutely hopeless agianst Luton for the first 55 minutes in case anyone cares to remember] so with the absence of away victories its hardly setting the world alight even thoiugh it might be better than last season''s woeful mediocrity.

Just as it took 14 months to convince me the managers time is up it will take me a lot longer than 5 games to convince me he is the right man too.

Things ARE looking very good at the moment;  but my last 2 acid tests have yet to be passed; competing and beating the best teams (ie promotion candidates) in this league and losing far far less than last seasons 13 out of 23 away games. 

The main concern is the lack of cover to enable the team to sustain their current performance levels throughout the season.

Things could hardly have improved more than they have so far, but there is still scope and a need to improve further and so I do still require further convincing.   However the progress made has bought some time from me. 

I don''t like Worthington - never have but that has no bearing on whether I think he should be manager or not. 

Quite frankly I lost interest a while ago as to whole Worthy in/out debacle.  If we are achieving success (relative to the club) and I am enjoying travelling home and away for games then I refuse to get worked up about it either way.

People (myself included) were happy to dismiss the play-off and promotion seasons as "in the past" and the same must now apply to the last two.  The club seem to have left last season behind them, made changes and started in a positive manner - surely it''s for the best if we all do the same.  Judge the team, the board and the manager on this season and not last season or the season before.

Keep things as they are. Having seen Ron Manager on Sky One (see

earlier post), you realise how important discipline is at a football

club and what you can end up with without it. I know we don''t see the

cameras in our dressing room, but i can''t imagine it''s anything like

Posh''s! And everyone knows one Mr Ferguson''s views on discipline. All

of which makes me glad to have a manger who won''t stand for attitudes

like that of Danny Crow as seen in the programme - what a little s*d he

is!

A manager needs a whole range of skills and attributes and NW certainly

doesn''t have them all, but he has some of the important ones and

hopefully Martin Hunter can provide the rest, making for a great team.

Now all we need to know is what it is Doug Livermore does!!

[quote user="a1canary"]

A manager needs a whole range of skills and attributes and NW certainly doesn''t have them all, but he has some of the important ones and hopefully Martin Hunter can provide the rest, making for a great team. Now all we need to know is what it is Doug Livermore does!!

[/quote]

Chief Cone Collector by all accounts. He was Roy Evans assistant at Liverpool when the Spice Boys ruled the roost.

Stan Collymore didn''t have many good things to say about him in his book.

As for Worthless, well he has had nothing to do with the football side of the turnaround, he would have signed Hulse and Howard with Hooves on the wing so hoofball could reign supreme, isnt a great motivator so what is he, a disciplinarian whom falls out with players reguarly??

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

I don''t like Worthington - never have but that has no bearing on whether I think he should be manager or not. 

Quite frankly I lost interest a while ago as to whole Worthy in/out debacle.  If we are achieving success (relative to the club) and I am enjoying travelling home and away for games then I refuse to get worked up about it either way.

People (myself included) were happy to dismiss the play-off and promotion seasons as "in the past" and the same must now apply to the last two.  The club seem to have left last season behind them, made changes and started in a positive manner - surely it''s for the best if we all do the same.  Judge the team, the board and the manager on this season and not last season or the season before.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly Saint