Sign in to follow this  
Greeno For England!

Watford 1971-72

Anyone remember this game? where you there? i was reading about it on club web page. i think that we should have a party.

scarfes, flags, ticker tape, toilet rolls, flares, perhaps not the flares but the rest yes.

does anyone know the exact number of fans going?

PARTY LIKE WE PROMOTED!

Too young to remember it myself but looking forward to this one. Ticket is currently under lock and key!

Anyway, Mr Moderator sir how about a special page we can link to to upload photographs taken by fans next Sat at Watford?

Yeah I was there. It rained like hell all day and we all ran across the pitch (mud bath more like) into the opposite covered end to escape getting any wetter. "The Rookery" I think their end was called, if my memory serves me correctly. We would probably get banned if we did that today. We played in red and Stringer scored our goal with a header. It was 1 - 1 and Watford were relegated while we went up as Champions. Ah, the memories

I was 7 & very bemused as thousands of Norwich fans ran across the pitch to take the Watford end, my Dad stoically stood there & said bloody hooligans as our end filled up with Watford fans who had run for their lives. Dad it didn''t matter that we got soaked through & I wish he had allowed me to go with my brother who was 1 of the so called hooligans.