Sign in to follow this  
oh huckerby

MATTY LOUIS JEAN! RESERVE GAME THREAD!!!

I''m beginning to believe we''ll never see him in a Norwich shirt again.

Shades of Neil Emblem''s time at Norwich.  Went off after 30 mins apparently.  Not sure yet if it is the same injury or another one.

Just back from the game. A 1-1 draw v Orient. Considering that we had a very young team out I found the performance quite encouraging, but yes, bad news that Louis Jean went off injured after half an hour. Wasn''t stretchered off or anything, so hopefully it''s not too serious, but we''ll have to see. Anyway, for what it''s worth here''s my assessment off the players.

1. Joe Lewis. - I was 5 minutes late so missed the Orient goal, but he had very little to do when I was watching. However, did what he had to  very well and went down bravely at the feet of the Orient centre forward and got a kick in the face for his troubles. 

2. Mathieu Louis-Jean - Was doing fine until the injury.

3. Patrick Bexfield - Started  off at left back, but went to right back when Louis-Jean went off. He''s right-footed and looked quite comfortable at right back.

4. Andrew Fisk - Neat and tidy in midfield without having a great influence on the game.

5. Michael Spillane - Played at centre back and looked strong and assured.

6. Matthew Halliday - Also a centre back. Certainly tall enough, but looks as though he needs to bulk up and find a yard of pace.

7. Bally Smart - Pacy right winger with good control.

8. Chris Martin - Man of the Match. Big enough and aggressive enough to mix it in central midfield, but also a good passer - capped a fine performance with an excellent goal from 20 yards.

9. Asmat El Ouargi - Played at centre forward. Fairly quick and a neat touch.

10. Seb Muddel - Forward. Small like Fisk and neat and tidy like Fisk.

11. Robert Eagle - Left winger. David Beckham hairstyle, Beckham style flashy boots and delivered a good dead ball like Beckham too.

Subs:

Mark O''Toole. On as sub for Louis Jean and played at left back. A solid performance from the current next in line to Adam Drury for the position in the first team!

Damon Lathrope. Young central midfielder, described by the bloke next to me (who watches far more of the reserves and youth team than I do) as the "new Ian Crook". Played a few delightful passes and couldn''t tackle so maybe the bloke next to me was right.

James Eames. Only on for 10 minutes on the right wing but did a couple of good things in that time.

[quote user="Northern Canary"]seriously?[/quote]

After a year  + ?   Jean   should have been got rid of long before now !  this is a football club , not a convalescent  home  for " frail "   freeloaders  !!     an injury  that lasts more than a year  ... is an injury thats  never going to  be cured  ,  he`s deadweight  , get rid of him  ASAP !

[quote user="sheded"]

After a year  + ?   Jean   should have been got rid of long before now !  this is a football club , not a convalescent  home  for " frail "   freeloaders  !!     an injury  that lasts more than a year  ... is an injury thats  never going to  be cured  ,  he`s deadweight  , get rid of him  ASAP !

[/quote]

what a disgraceful attitude, hindsight is a wonderful thing isn''t it, however most people were not able to predict the future. So anyone with a long tem injury should be shot like a bloody racehorse then? some of the stuff i read on this board is vile and I wonder what the mentality of the people writing it is! 

Good turnout, 1049.

Nothing much to add to Thirsty Lizard''s report.

Orient goal was a low hard shot into the corner from just inside the box.  

Oldest player in the team was 18 once Louis-Jean went off.  Ryan Jarvis didn''t play, not sure why. 

Our control of the game was really impressive for such a young side.  We didn''t panic when Orient scored, kept the same momentum going, kept trying to pass it, then stepped up the tempo after half time.  Little goalmouth action at either end in the first half, much more in the second.   

Chris Martin (attacking midfield) looked like the real deal.  Caused Orient a lot of problems, to the extent that they had a player sent off for something off the ball, Martin went down like a sack of sh*t.  Skied two shots on goal but it didn''t faze him, he kept the third one down and it flew in.  Hope we can hang on to him till he''s ready for the first team.

sounds really promising that our youngsters are doing so well

hopefully we will see some break into the first team

and this left back, maybe thats why Worthy isnt worried about cover for Drury.

Sorry to hear about MLJ

well thanks for the report and info

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="sheded"]

[/quote]

what a disgraceful attitude, hindsight is a wonderful thing isn''t it, however most people were not able to predict the future. So anyone with a long tem injury should be shot like a bloody racehorse then? some of the stuff i read on this board is vile and I wonder what the mentality of the people writing it is! 

[/quote]

Its the mentality of realism ,   and nothing to do with hindsight !    I reiterate  , and expand , An injury that lasts over a year , has to be serious enough  to be a permanent   problem  in the short life  of a sport that  requires  constant stress on the legs !   its as simple as that .....

I admit my post might appear harsh  to some ,  but football  IS a business  , not a charity ...   if Jean  was an employee   in any firm ,  how long do you  think he would have remained an employee , after  a year off work  ?    

All your talk of  of shooting  a racehorse  is so much emotive crap !     Jean  , if he`s  " no longer required "  ,  will get a far far better deal   than people in  other  employment situations !think on eh ?

[quote user="sheded"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="sheded"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its the mentality of realism ,   and nothing to do with hindsight !    I reiterate  , and expand , An injury that lasts over a year , has to be serious enough  to be a permanent   problem  in the short life  of a sport that  requires  constant stress on the legs !   its as simple as that .....

I admit my post might appear harsh  to some ,  but football  IS a business  , not a charity ...   if Jean  was an employee   in any firm ,  how long do you  think he would have remained an employee , after  a year off work  ?    

All your talk of  of shooting  a racehorse  is so much emotive crap !     Jean  , if he`s  " no longer required "  ,  will get a far far better deal   than people in  other  employment situations !think on eh ?

[/quote]

So football is not an emotive subject then? I beg to differ. Yes I think your comments could have been put in slightly more humane terms, afterall I doubt any pro footballer choses to be seriously injured. Also, not  sure about employment law but it is not so easy to offload people at work depending on the illness / injury, they have rights too. Basically things are no so simpistic as, "oh dear he is injured, let''s sack him", job done - if only life was so easy.

Sorry Thirsty, going to have to disagree with you.  I thought Andrew Fisk ran the game for us.   He constantly got the ball, looked for team mates, got in there and won the ball and looked to go forward.  I noticed him more than the others, but that''s just my opinion. Chris Martin''s goal was great stuff though, and well taken.

Apart from MLJ, we had  the academy boys.  Always a pleasure to watch them developing into future stars.  I was personally very disappointed with Robert Eagle.  He is usually much more pro-active than he was last night, though to be fair to him the ball was going to the opposite wing most of the time. Spillane good as usual.  Ditto Bally Smart.  Hadn''t seen Damon before, and agree with your thoughts on him.

Orient were obviously older in a lot of cases and looked organised and as if they played together regularly.  Interesting to see (after their goal) that they had a lot of support in the South Stand.

Encouraging to see our youngsters kept going after going 1-0 down so soon into the game.  We do have some great prospects, and I know I am a perfectionist, but to anyone who hasn''t seen any of them before, they can all do better! 

can anyone remember Matthew Rush? A player Martin O''Neill signed from West Ham who had been well thought of at upton Park and was a handy player.. he signed for us as a replacement for Ian Crook i think????

He made his debut against Sunderland and looked solid before injuring his cruciate the next day in training... he was out for a year, got back in the team under Mike Walker, came off the bench against Grimsby to a huge reception from the fans.. to only suffer the same injury again. dam shame! he then went on to Oldham and was top notch! scored 2 against us in the last game of a season too.

I do remember though he never got half the abuse MLJ got though....

jas :)

totally agree with you Thirsty Lizard a very enjoyable game took my two lads who also enjoyed the game.heres my assessment

1.Joe Lewis.6/10.didnt have much too do but done that well and yes very brave.

2.Matthieu Louis-Jean.6/10.shame he got injured cos was doing o.k up till then.

3.Patrick Bexfield.7/10.looked a lot more comfortable at right back done quite well.

4.Andrew Fisk7/10.worked his little socks off.

5.Michael Spillanne6/10.looked solid

6.Matthew Halliday.6/10.up against a really good no.9.

7.Bally Smart.7/10.pacey done some good runs down the right wing.

8.Chris Martin .8/10.also my man of the match.a really good passer of the ball and sored a cracking goal.

9.Asmat El Quarqui.6/10.quite quick and looked good on the ball.

10.Seb Muddel.7/10.another one who worked his socks off.

11.Robert Eagle.6/10.didnt look as good as when i watched him last season.

12.Mark O''Toole.7/10.done really well watch out Adam Drury.

14.Jamie Eames.6/10.done some good things down the right wing.

15.Damon Lathrope.some excellent passing.

Louis Jean will probably come back, find he can''t get in the team, spit his dummy and demand a transfer.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

can anyone remember Matthew Rush? A player Martin O''Neill signed from West Ham who had been well thought of at upton Park and was a handy player.. he signed for us as a replacement for Ian Crook i think????

He made his debut against Sunderland and looked solid before injuring his cruciate the next day in training... he was out for a year, got back in the team under Mike Walker, came off the bench against Grimsby to a huge reception from the fans.. to only suffer the same injury again. dam shame! he then went on to Oldham and was top notch! scored 2 against us in the last game of a season too.

I do remember though he never got half the abuse MLJ got though....

jas :)

[/quote]

I think he only played about 30 mins against Sunderland.  Yet I remember him getting stick and even now some people say he was a terrible signing.  Can''t figure out how anyone can be so clued up on a player''s ability after just half an hour of football.

Absolute claptrap on here again!

Matt tore, repeat TORE, his hamstring! Not strained or tweaked... tore!

Secondly, for all of you too dumb to realise, the hamstring is in no way attached to the ANKLE which was kicked at the reserve game!

A healthy dose of the toe bone''s connected to the ankle bone, the ankle bone''s connected to the leg bone, the leg bone''s connected to the thigh bone ... for all those with less anatomical knowledge than sense!!

Idiots!

Sheded, matt was at work recovering from an injury! Tell me one occupation where, if you got injured doing your job they would sack you! Also, by your logic, Joe Lewis should have been sacked by now for having had a contract for a year and failing to play for the first team. In that time Matt has played 2 , yes 2 matches!

Muppets on here sometimes!

[quote user="rocky marshall"]Absolute claptrap on here again! Matt tore, repeat TORE, his hamstring! Not strained or tweaked... tore! Secondly, for all of you too dumb to realise, the hamstring is in no way attached to the ANKLE which was kicked at the reserve game! A healthy dose of the toe bone''s connected to the ankle bone, the ankle bone''s connected to the leg bone, the leg bone''s connected to the thigh bone ... for all those with less anatomical knowledge than sense!! Idiots! Sheded, matt was at work recovering from an injury! Tell me one occupation where, if you got injured doing your job they would sack you! Also, by your logic, Joe Lewis should have been sacked by now for having had a contract for a year and failing to play for the first team. In that time Matt has played 2 , yes 2 matches! Muppets on here sometimes![/quote]

Fascinating  logic Rocky Marshall  !   in terms of your average  joe  , I think you`ll find   that   he`ll get  28 weeks sick benefit  / disablement benefit   IF the injury  wasn`t the fault of the company ...... IF the injury  was due to company  carelessness    it adds a whole new dimension to  things !  not least will be the awards given  for future loss of earnings etc etc  . the question  of " releasing " the employee  , will depend on the contract of employment  ......   each firm  will have  a different angle on  the basic rules , but after a year off work   I think you`ll find the employee gone !

Jean , however , is a footballer , different rules apply !   I think  my main point   was that an injury that lasts over a year   , just HAS to be serious !   both physically and mentally  ...   , he`s been vegetating   all this time ,  its more than likely  the weakness  with his hamstring  will  re-occur ,  odds on !    and he`ll just take far too long  to get up to speed !    this might be  of no interest to the likes of Manure  etc  ,  but  Norwich can`t afford passengers   .......

Joe Lewis   just doesn`t   come into  this  ,    its the managements  decision  as to when he plays  !