Sign in to follow this  
ca

Question For Worthy Fans

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Getting off the fence"]

There were more than 3 protesters - at least twice that many. The point was that you contributed to a soured atmosphere at matches in what was a very difficult season - instead of being supportive, you were destructive, "upped the hysteria" and made a difficulty into a crisis.

What is more, you tried to do more damage than you actually achieved. Your inept petition for example, which was larely ignored by fans and relied upon multiple signatures to get most of your support.

[/quote]

Well said GOTF.  Last season is one where supporters should have been supportive (strange that!) and many weren''t.  Luckily rent a mob were pretty short on numbers for the embarassing protest (who can forget the sight of the middle aged chap leading a group of kids in the protest with a few embarassed looking adults following behind?).

Anyway, let''s let the past be the past and get behind our team, starting with our first away win on Saturday at Coventry - hopefully see you there.

[/quote]

If only the past could be the past!!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Remind me cityangel, who started this thread?

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[:D] Fair point Herb! but I was merely asking when people were going to start singing Worthy''s name again, didnt realise it would turn into a 7 page affair

Promise to be a good girl and only to look forward now, unless I''m provoked of course.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well noticed! sounds like hypocrisy to me.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Rather a good point there Herb. 

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" diehard worthy supporters " Sorry cherub but that is the whole point of the grievance. One set of fans turned on the club, Anyone NOT joining them were automatically labelled as pro Worthy - as you are doing. That is illogical and false. Just because I''m not in favour of beheading drink drivers does not mean I''m pro drink driving.[/quote]

OK Ralph, I get you''re point and see where you''re coming from. But, I felt like a "diehard Worthy supporter" last season when I believed that not changing the manager was our best chance of turning things around. So using your logic I was a no change supporter and not a Worthy supporter. In truth I was both, I have met the guy and I like and respect him!!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[:D] Fair point Herb! but I was merely asking when people were going to start singing Worthy''s name again, didnt realise it would turn into a 7 page affair

Promise to be a good girl and only to look forward now, unless I''m provoked of course.

[/quote] Naughty! Naughty!!

It all comes down to passion. Worthy outers were passionate about the team doing well or doing badly and last season their action was their passionate response for their desire for change. 

Football supporting isn''t about reasoned argument and calm down it''s about caring soooo much your headaches.

With things having improved the passionate ones can still equally passionately embrace and be excited about this change. The reasoned rational ones can snipe and say we told you so, but the passionate ones know deep down that to some extent their actions and displays of passionate grievance, discontent and frustration made a difference whether it can be proven or not.

So the passionate ones will sing when they want and what they want knowing that they would rather be a passionate supporter who ''got it wrong'' than be called Ralph Wright. 

[quote user="shortfatb"]

It all comes down to passion. Worthy outers were passionate about the team doing well or doing badly and last season their action was their passionate response for their desire for change. 

Football supporting isn''t about reasoned argument and calm down it''s about caring soooo much your headaches.

With things having improved the passionate ones can still equally passionately embrace and be excited about this change. The reasoned rational ones can snipe and say we told you so, but the passionate ones know deep down that to some extent their actions and displays of passionate grievance, discontent and frustration made a difference whether it can be proven or not.

So the passionate ones will sing when they want and what they want knowing that they would rather be a passionate supporter who ''got it wrong'' than be called Ralph Wright. 

[/quote]

I don''t buy any of this, there were passionate supporters with both viewpoints and I''m sure there still are. Maybe its a combination of being passionate and having a short memory as many only remember the last game of our premiership season!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Don''t mind me, I''m just being a git :o)

Besides, I bet you can''t be good for very long....I know I can''t!

" I felt like a "diehard Worthy supporter" last season 2

Fine, that was choice. NOT something imposed upon you by others simply on the basis of your not wishing to join in with their offensive behaviour.

[/quote]

Don''t mind me, I''m just being a git :o)
Besides, I bet you can''t be good for very long....I know I can''t!
[/quote]

I''m going to try my best Herb but like you I do prefer to be naughty [:D]

City Angel -"If only the past could be the past!!"

I can well understand that you would wish everybody to forget about all the things that you said and did last year, but given the extent of the damage you did it is hard for many of us to forget - especially when we know that you have no intention of apolizing, despite being given several opportunities for doing so over the last few months.

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

City Angel -"If only the past could be the past!!"

I can well understand that you would wish everybody to forget about all the things that you said and did last year, but given the extent of the damage you did it is hard for many of us to forget - especially when we know that you have no intention of apolizing, despite being given several opportunities for doing so over the last few months.

[/quote]

I''m not going to apologise for joining in the protests  and sticing to my beliefs plus I don''t believe we did any damage at all.

Thats my last word on last years protests!!

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Getting off the fence, why don''t you change the bloody record?[/quote]

Yes GOTF let her forget about it on her own. If you keep bringing it up she will never be able to forget.

" and sticing to my beliefs "

Blimey, that is a bit rich. If you and the rest of the ragbag of anti club malcontents had any conviction you would be boycotting the club until Worthington was sacked.

The only belief you lot had was that NCFC had a divine right to Premiership football and guaranteed success.

As to joining in you were rather more to the fore than a fellow traveller. Fine, if that''s how you see Worthington and the board then at least let''s see you " sticing to my beliefs " this Saturday.