Sign in to follow this  
Grow Up Mate

green completes move

All the very best Greeno. I look forward to seeing us put a couple past you at FCR next season. Nothing personal, because you''ve been a credit to our Club.

Good luck to Greeno - overall he was great for us.

But why do our club just say "Oh - you want one of our good players? Ok then, offer us some pitiful sum, and then we will let him leave". Agreed, Greeno wanted to leave, but so does Ashley Cole, and his club are holding out for some exorbitant sum, as he is one of their best players. We dont seem to do that.

I think "up to 2m" is a joke. I am pretty sure that it will be 1m downpayment with the rest coming through appearances (league and international). For an England international, this is pretty much a pittance, especially for a goalkeeper with at least 10 years left in him. Kelvin frickin Davis went for that much!!!!

We always seem to be bent over and proverbially shafted when it comes to selling our players - any half reasonable bid for Earny and Hucks and they could be sold off at Christmas.

Grrrr..... gets me angry!  

Was Green in the last year of his contract ?  Could have walked at the end of the season for nothing ?  If he could, it''s a decent price.  Keepers are comparitively cheap usually anyway.

I would like to wish Robert Green all the best for his career at West Ham and hope that he gets a place in the England set up and gets the no 1 spot for the Hammers that he deserves.

He seems a good lad and I hope that he does well. I have enjoyed seeing him between the sticks.

remember that Greeno is injured, only had one year left on his contract, and its West Ham that bought him not Chelsea

therefore, its pointless comparing him to Ashley Cole''s transfer and whilst I think the fee isn''t quite big enough there''s no point debating it now

I guess the transfer you should compare it to is Isaksson to Man City for £1.6m - he''s Sweden''s No 1 and a similar age so its not too different

Good Luck Greeno! We''ll miss you old buddy old pal

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Was Green in the last year of his contract ?  Could have walked at the end of the season for nothing ?  If he could, it''s a decent price.  Keepers are comparitively cheap usually anyway.

[/quote]

We did have the option of extending the contract by a year if we wanted to. 

[quote] user="Eadie''sRight Foot"]

Good luck to Greeno - overall he was great for us.

But why do our club just say "Oh - you want one of our good players? Ok then, offer us some pitiful sum, and then we will let him leave". Agreed, Greeno wanted to leave, but so does Ashley Cole, and his club are holding out for some exorbitant sum, as he is one of their best players. We dont seem to do that.

I think "up to 2m" is a joke. I am pretty sure that it will be 1m downpayment with the rest coming through appearances (league and international). For an England international, this is pretty much a pittance, especially for a goalkeeper with at least 10 years left in him. Kelvin frickin Davis went for that much!!!!

We always seem to be bent over and proverbially shafted when it comes to selling our players - any half reasonable bid for Earny and Hucks and they could be sold off at Christmas.

Grrrr..... gets me angry!  

[/quote]

This post is so wrong. The club got a good price for Green who next season would''ve gone for nothing. The Ashley Cole transfer involves Chelsea so applying logic to it is like ITFC (pointless!). Spurs bought Robinson (an England international) for £1.5M when had at least 10 years left in him. KD went from ITFC to Sunderland for £1.25M. Hucks has turned down several moves.

If getting things this wrong makes you angry then you must be permanently livid!

I have always been a big fan of Greeno and have always said he will be Englands No1 - This move is the best possible for him ,add to that the fact that we have now got Gallagher - a very acceptable replacement - plus a home grown youngster coming through the ranks, I feel the time is right for the club as well.

Greeno from one of your greatest admirers Good Luck for the Future and thanks for the good times you''ve given us.

Yeah got to wish the guy luck. 10 years at one club is pretty rare these days and he''s done us proud.How long before he gets a "makeover" for the Premiership?I''ve seen Hammers fans laughing at his barnet already ;)I think the rustic farmer look suits him very nicely.You can just imagine him leaning on a farm gate somewhere rural, chewing on a piece of corn, and saying "Get orf moi laaaarnd!" menacingly to any passing ramblers...

Green has been a great servent over the past few years, and everyone should understand that he needs to be playing at the best level possible and that there is a time when people need a change ands have to move on.

Good Luck

Greeno 4 England.

(Green however would not however left for nothing in the summer becasue we had the 1 year option like we activated in Mcveighs contract in which the player has no say)