Sign in to follow this  
Hook Norton Canary

Fees rising to £2 mill.........

Fair price for a keeper IMO - Isaksson cheaper with more experience at a higer level and younger, Robisnon went for £1.5m all in while england no 1. 

In a way yes, but I think you have to take into account the market.  That Swedish goalkeeper who went to Man City went for £2m and he''s had 40 odd caps or so, same with Robinson from Leeds which was a similar price although you think some of the players that left Leeds for stupid prices (Aaron Lennon, £1m) when they were in financial trouble this may not be a fair comparison.

Also Greeno was apparently coming to the end of his contract which meant his value was decreasing and its like like we HAD to sell it was that it was best for both parties, so I think all in all it was just about right.

This is nothing against Greeno but there International Players and then their are "Real" International Players.

Green has played in one half of an international friendly and few minutes in a "B" game.  That does not make him a real international player.  He is merely a squad player.  I am confident had Kirkland been fit Green would not have made the original World Cup squad.

Up to £2m is not a bad price for an injured player who''s form has dropped considerably in the last season.  Robinson went for only £1.5m.  Man City only paid £2m for Isaksson, who is two years Green''s junior and has 42 caps and a World Cup behind him for Sweden.  

I know it sounds like a dumb question but I have not read a report of any price breakdown.....is it structured , e.g. as 1.5 M going to 2 M, or is it much more weighted at the lower end, 750,000 or 1 M going to 2 M?

I`m still amazed  that the Hammers want him !    what was the deal ?   it only says  that the figure  COULD rise to £2M   , so lets guess  what the upfront  amount will be  ...  800K ?   , with further increments   when he plays ,  with the bulk  coming when he plays internationals  , and sell on  ? 

Anyway , he`s gone , we don`t` pay his wages anymore ,  and we got something for him  ... not a bad  deal  for a crocked keeper   near the end of his contract !  

Who called him an international ?? 

You only get as much as another team is willing to pay, so yes, the fee was about right...

does any1 no how much we actually got. rising to 2m jst sounds like putting a positive spin on a low price, id rather take 1.5 up front and be done with it

[quote user="barclay4ever"]does any1 no how much we actually got. rising to 2m jst sounds like putting a positive spin on a low price, id rather take 1.5 up front and be done with it[/quote]

The rising to £2m price was announced by West Ham.