Sign in to follow this  
avid_canary

Time limit around loan signings?

Don''t think we did with Huckerby, Harper and Crouch, nor others last season so presume not.

It is about transfering the players registration which a loan doesn''t do.

I think their is a date limit but you are aloud to bring in what are known as emergency loan players at any time, given the right circumstances under appeal.

Not sure what the specific criteria is though.

No, loans can be made throughout the season up until the end of the January transfer window from the Championship division downwards.

Only emergency goalies can be loaned after Jan 31st 2007

loans of over 3 months have to be completed within the transfer windows, a certain about of emergency (3month) loans can be made anytime. im not sure if there is actually criteria you have to meet to make an emergency loan, other than there being a number per season and max your aloud in your squad at one time. i think the ''emergency'' tag is more of name that fits than it having to be an actual emergency.

[quote user="Canary Boy"]

No, loans can be made throughout the season up until the end of the January transfer window from the Championship division downwards.

[/quote]

what about kevin cooper in our championship winning season

[quote user="joshmickelburgh"][quote user="Canary Boy"]

[/quote]

what about kevin cooper in our championship winning season

[/quote]

The transfer window wasn''t in force in the Championship in 2003/4.

Loan signings?

I dont think we should even be thinking about them.  Last season they just underminded the players we had, cost a lot and gave little (lisbie, rehman, jj2) i remember the right back wright being ok, but hardly did much confidence for colin.

we all remember back to huckerby, but personally I think most are not worth it, we have missed out on bendtner and some others, and feel that many of the others, will be so similar to what we have.  we need to sign a big man, we need a left back/center back (hopefully someone that plays both) and we maybe need another center mid, unless you can get a koumas type, ( a player not wanted by his club) then i think its a waste of time, look where the loans we have had over the last few years are now.cooper, jj2, and the rest, ok excluding crouch and bentley, but most of the rest are not good enough and seem to cost a lot of money and give little

most of us would say we have about 1-1.5 to spend on between 2-3 players, 4 if you include a goalkeeper (personally I wouldnt bother, as we could get a keeper quick smart if we got an injury otherwise just a waste of money, if one gets injured a keeper will come to us thinking he is gonna play, think of all the premiership 2nd or 3rd choices: poom, mhyre, are 3rds, we can wait for a keeper)

But as for the rest 1-1.5 is ok for 3 players, we have missed out on some, but i would rather see it spent on bringing ones in, not wasted on loans.