Sign in to follow this  
Jarroldstander

Mckenzie can go in my opinion

If he''s not prepared to stay and fight for his place and has thrown in the towel this early on then let him go.  He''s a championship player at best! 

Take the money we can get and put it towards a player with the Green money that can take this place forward, not something that Mckenzie can do.

I dont think many ridgeons league teams have the money to pay his wages, and i doubt anybody higher will want him.

what a couple of stupid posts!

I gurentee if Leon comes on and scores you will be singing his praises.. he is mr 100%.

he wont go before the window closes and will still be battling away and fighting for every ball as before.

so he wants to move on??? so what? How come Robert Green is seen as the messiah and Leon is seen as a traitor for both wanting to go???? Leon has had alot of stick both on and off the pitch in his time at Norwich and its people like you 2 above that have made him make this decision! the pathetic Lies made up about him and Damien Francis were sickening, and it could of been very easy for Leon to have said "up yours~" back then but he didnt...

he kept on going and has been a great servant to the club. i fully agree with what he says and wish him well if he does Leave...

I hope he stays though!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

what a couple of stupid posts!

I gurentee if Leon comes on and scores you will be singing his praises.. he is mr 100%.

he wont go before the window closes and will still be battling away and fighting for every ball as before.

so he wants to move on??? so what? How come Robert Green is seen as the messiah and Leon is seen as a traitor for both wanting to go???? Leon has had alot of stick both on and off the pitch in his time at Norwich and its people like you 2 above that have made him make this decision! the pathetic Lies made up about him and Damien Francis were sickening, and it could of been very easy for Leon to have said "up yours~" back then but he didnt...

he kept on going and has been a great servant to the club. i fully agree with what he says and wish him well if he does Leave...

I hope he stays though!

jas :)

[/quote]

spot on jas, he only has 12 months left on his contract if he''s such a big part of worthys plans why has he not been offered a new contract? who can hold it against a man for protecting his future and that of his family.

From reading his interview, his loyalties are in the right place.  He needs to ensure regular football to stay match-fit and to do his job for as long as possible.  He is a capable striker at this level, and I am sure he will continue to work as hard as he can for Norwich despite not being allowed to go.  It''s not in his make-up to do things half-heartedly, and it''s in his interests to force his way into the managers'' thinking too, as it will put him in the shop window for January.

I think Leon has made his point fair and square and i have no problem with that.  He isn''t the sort of player who will mope about on the pitch (take note Deano) and let down his team mates or fans.  The time may be right for him to go, as long as we have somebody else coming in.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

why don''t norwich city prove their loyalty to Leon and extend his contract now?

Leon is an important squad member not to be given away in 12 months hence.

[/quote]

No 28 year old who has just spent most of a season out with an ''injury'' should be given a new contract with the old one a year to go (I believe we have a year option on top of that as well), if Leon wants one last big pay day either he needs to prove he''s worth it on current form, or see if he can get it elsewhere (which I doubt), no one doubts that Leon gives 100% when out on the pitch but has he really given that off the field in the last 12 months (Hughes gives 100%, Nielsen used to give 100% doesnt mean you give them a new contract on the evidence of that alone). You cant criticise the club for how it handles finances in other ways and then say lets spend some more of it on a player who''s already getting well rewarded. I dont see how the club are being disloyal after last season, it is the player who is be disloyal to the fans, and dont pull the I''m doing it for the kids routine Leon, you''re doing it like all footballers for yourself your big house and fast cars...

leon is part of norwich city, and worthington should of offered him a new contract . i can understand leon wanting to hand his transfer request in becasue he is not playing and now worthigton wants to bring in a target  man it would mean leon being even further back in the petting order .

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]

If he''s not prepared to stay and fight for his place and has thrown in the towel this early on then let him go.  He''s a championship player at best! 

Take the money we can get and put it towards a player with the Green money that can take this place forward, not something that Mckenzie can do.

[/quote]He''s proved himself at Premiership level several times last season IMO, let not forget he was the one of few players managing to score against Chelsea last season, also scoring against Man Utd, Man City. He''s always shown great passion for the game and some excellent skill, he is a welcome addition to our squad. BUT worthy has to make a choice he either plays him or sells him. Personally I don''t believe he should have to prove himself unlike other players have had to, as he''s always had excellent fitness and skill levels. He deserves a much better oppertunity, fair enough if he was playing badly but he''s barely had a good run out.

I think that mckenzie can go especially if we do sign another striker, we have thorne (unfortunately), mcveigh, jarvis and henderson who can all cover earnshaw as can huckerby if needed. I dont hink you can say that mckenzie is a proven premiership striker far from it in fact. I seem to remember him scoring very few goals and misssing aslot of chances that year (although he wasnt the only one). His goal record over the past 2 seasons when he has played has been poor and as he wants to go we might as well cash in.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]we have thorne (unfortunately), mcveigh, jarvis and henderson[/quote]With maybe the exception of Mcviegh, none of those are good enough to cover for Earnshaw. Again with the exception of Mcviegh none of them have any Premiership experience, unproven even in the league and I''d rather have Mckensie than any of them (excluding Mcviegh). Mckensie scored 7 goals in our Premiership season thats made him joint top scorer in our premiership season and IMO that does prove he could cut it certainly as much as anyone else in this team. He is an asset to this club and I hope he stays, our No. 2 striker by a mile and should be playing.

Jas - Steady on old man, Leon has stated why he wants to leave so why try to make out it is because of the fans?! Your post is a prime example of "twisting" the facts to suit your opinion, as according to you he wants to leave because of the gossip mongers, I saw no mention of this in the Pink Un article, it appeared to me he wants to leave for footballing reasons. Interestingly there is no riposte from Ralph Wright chiding you for making a fact out of an opinion. For the record I would be sad to see Leon leave, as you say he always gives 100% to the cause, and with his confidence and fitness back he is an important part of the squad, Nigel Worthington should back up his words of comfort and offer Leon a new contract.

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="Matt Hudson"]we have thorne (unfortunately), mcveigh, jarvis and henderson[/quote]

With maybe the exception of Mcviegh, none of those are good enough to cover for Earnshaw. Again with the exception of Mcviegh none of them have any Premiership experience, unproven even in the league and I''d rather have Mckensie than any of them (excluding Mcviegh). Mckensie scored 7 goals in our Premiership season thats made him joint top scorer in our premiership season and IMO that does prove he could cut it certainly as much as anyone else in this team. He is an asset to this club and I hope he stays, our No. 2 striker by a mile and should be playing.
[/quote]]

Mckenzie was given a chance in the prem, i reckon if mcveigh was he would have scored goals. my point with jarvo and hendo is that i would rather see young talent picked than an average striker who wants to leave.

If ''we'' see Leon in our long term plans and not sure if I do, then sign him up now for another two years and make him feel wanted.

If Worthy like me see''s a hard working, but Championship player at most, then I would see what offers came in and try to buy better.

Like him as a player and it''s his right to look after his own interests. Just don''t see him getting any better for us and not playing too much.