Derby Away - Predictions ?

Derby

Fixtures so far :

Hull (a) won 2-1
Stoke (a) lost 2-0
Soton (h) 2-2

5 goals conceded in 3 games
2 goals conceded in their only home game so far against Southampton
2 Controversial linesman decisions gave them a 2-1 away win at Hull.

Recent transfers In

Steve Howard, 1 Mill from Luton
Mo Camara, Free from Celtic
Matthew Oakley, from Southampton

1st team vs Hull

Bywater,
Michael Johnson, Boertien, Moore, Jackson,
Tommy Smith, Seth Johnson , Oakley, Idiakez,
Howard, Barnes

(expect Camara to play at left back against us)

Summary :

A decent collection of players that need time to play together and learn from each other.
We''re playing them at the right time in my opinion, this will be a handy team later in the season.

I reckon we might manage a 2-1 win.  Anyone else care to speculate ?

I watched a bit of their first game against Southampton and first half they looked fairly decent with the young guy on the wing I think his name was Barnes not too sure but he looked fairly lively so should be a test for new and improved Jurgen, also fat lump Howard should prove to be a handful perhaps with a point to prove (Worthy saying Derby way overpaid).  I think it will be a tough game but the least I expect is something better than last year''s shambles, so I''ll predict 2-1 with Earnie getting both.

Decent manager, Giles Barnes should be playing in the Premiership, Bywater, Idiakez and Oakley all handy - I''ll say 1-1 or 2-1 to Derby.

idiakez destroyed us last season at pride park, where a limp city performance signalled of what was to come later on in the season.  howard is no raziak, and if we can keep these 2 players quiet, we might have a good chance.  even when derby came to carra rd, they were no walk-overs although once our very own roy of the rovers got going, they were outclassed.make no mistake, if we''re going to challenge for auto promo, we should beat teams like derby or draw at the very least.  defeat wouldn''t be the end of the earth, but 2 away losses on the trot might suggest we are only a top 6 team at best, or worse if our home form began to nosedive.  keeping an unchanged side and system (to keep idiakez quiet 4-4-2 not an option) with the pace we have up front now, we should catch em on the break at least twice, but our defence is not yet watertight, and we could ship a goal - ( for me drury & colin are vulnerable to far posters & gallacher is too small to command area properly)conclusion - city to win 2-1, or draw 2-2

im going for a 2v1 win to city with robinson scoring in the 40th minute, howard equalising for them in the 58th minute and earnshaw getting the winner on 85 minutes

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

we never do well away to Derby im afraid.. i fear a defeat but of course hope for a win.

jas :)

[/quote]

I think you may be forgetting the 4-0 victory 2004/2005 season. Im going for a 2-0 win earnie to get both.

should be an interesting game, derby are the kind of team who could blow hot or cold, so i''ll take a draw, a point away from home wouldn''t be too much bad.

2-1 Derby alas. Hard game away and just don''t see us winning.

Hope to proved wrong!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

we never do well away to Derby im afraid.. i fear a defeat but of course hope for a win.

jas :)

[/quote]

I seem to remember scoring four thieir in the promotion season - or am I getting mixed up (age and memory!)?

4-1Eaaar-nie 2, Hucks 1, Safri 1.Their goalscorer? Who cares, they lost 4-1 :o)

3-0 city, we will blow them away as long as we play like we did against preston and leeds.

A really big game in my view coz it is a pointer to the rest of the season. A defeat means we still haven''t sorted out our away tactics and we''ll struggle over the season to keep up with the pack on home form only. A draw and we''re looking at a top six finish since all the teams we''ve played so far are promotion contenders. A win and we''re putting down a marker that we''re serious automatic promotion candidates.

So there''s a big incentive for us to do well and I think the buzz around the dressing room at the moment means City will win it 2-0

Yellow Hammer