Sign in to follow this  
Hayden

Family club - Well can I just say.....

NCFC pride themselves on being a family club but in the area where I sit there is a fella nearby who''s language is absolutely appaling. I sit in the upper Barclay, quite near the front and thoroughtly enjoy going to the game with my mates. We are surrounded by like-minded people and youngsters. However this oaf F''s and C''s his way though the game at the top of his voice, screaming away pretty much constantly, obviously the worse the wear for alcohol. It  makes me cringe, and I am by no means a man of the cloth. I really feel for the parents who bring their kids along who are subjected to it but the most annoying thing is he is Peter Crouch''s leg away from where the Stewards stand.....every game. And they don''t say a word, haven''t done for all of last season and this. Now this bloke aint small by any means and there is no way anybody who sits around him would say anything to him as a broken jaw is probably not the best outcome from attending a football match. We rely on the Stewards to clamp down on this sort of behaviour and as far as I am concerned it is foul and abusive (sometimes threatening behaviour) and, although he may be a fan, is not the sort you want at a family club. Yes people swear but  there is a limit. Come on NCFC, if you are going to clamp down on people standing in the Barclay, lets get rid of these people who ruin it for others or at least make them aware they are behaving poorly. I certainly wouldn''t take my children along to have to listen to that moron every week.   

Hayden...may I suggest having a word with the stewards working in the area.

If you do this then they will be able to monitor the situation and take necesary action. You don''t have to stand up to him yourself but help the stewards to help you.

The nature of football means that you won''t be able to go an entire game anywhere in the country without hearing bad language. The stewards wouldn''t be able to get away with kicking out individuals for swearing when you consistantly have groups of hundreds doing it in most of the chants in the Snakepit and Lower Barclay.

I have a young son and as long as he doesn''t copy it, then I don''t mind it.

Interesting Haydn. I also sit in the upper Barclay near the front and have to put up with a drunken oaf behaving just the way you describe. I sit a couple of blocks away from the Jarrold Stand about 4 rows from the front with the loudmouth a couple of rows behind me. If you are talking about the same area we could well be putting up with the same idiot.

The thing is he really is an exception. There are plenty of expletives around me, I use my fare share myself, but nothing to compare to this pillock. A couple of women who have sat next to my daughter for the last 3 years have given up their season tickets this time because of this person. They asked the stewards to do something about this guy and they duely spoke to him. His language came down to the normal football crowd standard for the rest of the game but then reverted to type after that.

I''m in the lower barclay, and theres now a cockney wide boy who sits a couple of rows back (probably cant get in at West Ham) whos just the same, also a few rows in front theres 2 blokes who have tattoos on display that show allegiance to a far right wing organisation, the stewards turn a blind eye to both...

everyone swears at footy... i must admit to using the F''s and C''s iat times.. i wouldnt do it constantly.. mines normally due to frustration.. and 9 times out of 10 is aimed at the Ref... pretty mild swear words are aimed at opposition etc...

Talking of colourful language.. what does everyone make of people using the term "poof".. such as "get up u poof!" do u feel its Homophobic or just a term used to describe someone who rolls over and makes a meal of it when fouled?

jas :)

What precisely are you expecting the stewards to do about the fact two blokes have right wing tattoos? Are you suggesting they should be banned from Carrow Road because of their political allegiance?

[quote]What precisely are you expecting the stewards to do about the fact two blokes have right wing tattoos? [/quote]

Crikey, I know Lee Croft is good, but let''s not get carried away here.

"Are you suggesting they should be banned from Carrow Road because of their political allegiance?"

Yep. In fact not just banned from Carrow Road, but from all forms of entertainment, food vendors, petrol stations, public houses and possibly even their own house.

[quote user="Mook"]

"Are you suggesting they should be banned from Carrow Road because of their political allegiance?"Yep.

In fact not just banned from Carrow Road, but from all forms of

entertainment, food vendors, petrol stations, public houses and

possibly even their own house.

[/quote]

Agreed, banned and given a good side hair tweak or somesuch for good

measure. Banned along with some git with short ginger-hair that I

always see at away games that spends the entire time screaming

homophobic abuse. Maybe they should have swearing sections? Clearly

marked "F**king swearing section" or "don''t be a c**t, kids about" for

the family areas.

Personally imo a football game isn''t a place I''d take a young child, it''s an adult game and even if the fans were to be as sweet as pie the players don''t exactly set a good example either. I don''t believe you need to take them to a game to encourage them into the sport as I never really went til I was over 12 and I''m a bigger fan than most people. If was to take a child I''d keep to the family zone.

[quote user="Mook"]

"Are you suggesting they should be banned from Carrow Road because of their political allegiance?"

Yep. In fact not just banned from Carrow Road, but from all forms of entertainment, food vendors, petrol stations, public houses and possibly even their own house.

[/quote]

Isn`t that the same attitude  as the muslim fanatics  Mook ?  ....  like ..... there can be only one way , and that is mine ?  in a democracy  , all people have a right  to choose  their  party !    .....

As for all  this swearing  bit ....  there`s been effing and blinding   at football matches  since God knows when !   your little treasures   just have to get used to it ...   football is NOT  a naice  middle class  , ultra polite , gathering  of  high minded   snobs  , who think  they  can dictate the behaviour  of the " lesser mortals "   ....   rant over [B]

this really annoys me, you sit in the barclay, an area known for atmosphere, meaning some passionate colourful language, i have a season tickets in the snake pit, and i stand and swear with the rest of the bunch, and when a disgruntled woman with her 4 year girl turns round to tell me to watch my language i tell her the same thing i''ll now tell you, '' family stands other side of the ground ''

[quote user="Hayden"]NCFC pride themselves on being a family club but in the area where I sit there is a fella nearby who''s language is absolutely appaling. I sit in the upper Barclay, quite near the front and thoroughtly enjoy going to the game with my mates. We are surrounded by like-minded people and youngsters. However this oaf F''s and C''s his way though the game at the top of his voice, screaming away pretty much constantly, obviously the worse the wear for alcohol. It  makes me cringe, and I am by no means a man of the cloth. I really feel for the parents who bring their kids along who are subjected to it but the most annoying thing is he is Peter Crouch''s leg away from where the Stewards stand.....every game. And they don''t say a word, haven''t done for all of last season and this. Now this bloke aint small by any means and there is no way anybody who sits around him would say anything to him as a broken jaw is probably not the best outcome from attending a football match. We rely on the Stewards to clamp down on this sort of behaviour and as far as I am concerned it is foul and abusive (sometimes threatening behaviour) and, although he may be a fan, is not the sort you want at a family club. Yes people swear but  there is a limit. Come on NCFC, if you are going to clamp down on people standing in the Barclay, lets get rid of these people who ruin it for others or at least make them aware they are behaving poorly. I certainly wouldn''t take my children along to have to listen to that moron every week.   [/quote]

Why don''t you take your kids into the Family Enclosure?

agree with snake pit army on this one plenty of room in the family sections we need a bit of passion not a vicars tea party

so sheded swastikas and combat 18 tattoos are acceptable to you yes....what either those allegiances have to do with democracy I''m not sure...yes anyone can choose their politics but would you equally find it acceptable if someone turned up dressed in a white cloak and hood, no difference as far as I''m concerned...theres a lets kick racism campaign in football for a very good reason, because its not acceptable to any right thinking human being

I think I have heard it all now - people should be banned from football matches for swearing and having tattoos.  The day that happens, you can safely say that the pc moaners have managed to sanitise something else that allowed people to get rid of the stresses that many of us face in real life and the world has become a more boring place.

I take my 3 sons to football (aged 10, 9 and 5) and they hear all sorts of words that they perhaps should not hear, BUT as they are brought up well they know that those words are not to be repeated (well not in front of me or their Mum anyway!).

If you don''t want your kids to hear swearing, don''t take them to football, simple as that.  With regard to people having right wing tattoos, still a free country even if the vast majority of us vehemently disagree with them.  I for one think Tony Blair is an evil, power mad, crazed individual, but I can''t ban poor misinformed people from supporting him....

while on this subject did anyone hear the one person shout out the start of a well known chant from the 70s and 80s if he had gone through with it there would have been uproar  in the snakepit by the way

[quote user="if youre rubbish and you know it clap your hands"]so sheded swastikas and combat 18 tattoos are acceptable to you yes....what either those allegiances have to do with democracy I''m not sure...yes anyone can choose their politics but would you equally find it acceptable if someone turned up dressed in a white cloak and hood, no difference as far as I''m concerned...theres a lets kick racism campaign in football for a very good reason, because its not acceptable to any right thinking human being[/quote]Got to say I agree with you for the most part (thats a first I think)But...(there''s always a "but" isn''t there?)I''m slightly uneasy about taking action against someone for looking like a w***er, if they''re not actually behaving like one. If I was in charge of security at Carrow Road I''d watch them like hawks and take them to the cleaners if they did misbehave.

[quote user="yellow 63"]agree with snake pit army on this one plenty of room in the family sections we need a bit of passion not a vicars tea party[/quote]

there isnt plently of room in the family section, its packed with either pensioners or people looking for a cheap game. and the language in there can be fairly bad too. and what do people expect?, its a football match, not the ballet, its a game for us commoners thats has had very strong links to violence and swearing over the years. unfortunatly at the moment its not entirely family friendly just yet.

well at ;east these people that complain about the language would have a valid reason for complaining, whereas they have no reason to complain when sitting in barclay or snakepit, if the family area is full, tough, you can t then take your kids to the snakepit and then give everyone dirty looks

As usual a post gets completely twisted so as to make the original poster out to be some sort of alienated being.  Hayden has not said in his posting that all people who swear should be banned from attending.  What he is saying is that he is sitting next to an Oaf who continually swears (using foul swear words) making it uncomfortable for those around him.  I go to the football but am fully aware of the kids sitting around me so refrain from using bad language and the f and c words do not escape my mouth.  May be a bloody here and there but then dont think that is as offensive as the c word which I think is a disgusting word anyway.   As for those having to sit in the family area if they dont like swearing  - wot a load of tosh.  People have the right to sit where they like and probably fully expect to hear the odd swear word after all it is a football match where tensions run high.  What they dont expect to hear is louts who think it is fine to continually swear using disgusting words for the whole 90 minutes.  Makes you wonder what their language is like in their own homes in front of their own kids.  Nuff said. 

NavMan hits the nail on the head (and seems to have taken the trouble to read the original post)

We moved from the Upper Barclay for exactly this reason (small daughter). We had no objection to atmosphere, shouting or a well-placed swear word and reasoned she heard langauage just as bad on the school bus.

However, we had a couple of people move into seats behind us whilst the South Stand was being demolished/re-built who swore continually and very loudly throughout the whole game (a Mum & Dad + 10-year old son! The son wasn''t the one doing the swearing....)

If we complained/asked them to tone it down we were told where to go and subject to threats/aggression and suggestions that we were part-time supporters ''cos we didn''t go to away games etc etc...

We asked stewards to intervene and even asked the Club to "have a word" but they carried on regardless.

Eventually we had enough and moved elsewhere. What sort of example these people were setting to their son boggles the mind.

I''m no prude and don''t expect people not to swear, as I say, but there''s a limit and if it is as bad as Haydn says then stewards/the club should intervene and move this oaf to the snakepit or lower barclay where he can mouth-off to his heart''s content.

My point was not so much the swearing but more that someone should be banned from the ground for having a swastika or Combat 18 tattoo and that is something I would find totally unacceptable as I believe strongly in the right to free speech. Even if we find someone''s views abhorrent they are entitled to have them and express them to a degree. I always find it ironic that it is supposedly the most liberal sections of our society that call for such political organisations as the BNP to be banned!

As for the swearing i think its a case of fact and degree.If you are sitting in the lower barclay or the snakepit or even in parts of the Jarrold stand near the away fans I think that you have to accept that swearing goes with the territory. I swear like a trooper at the football - always have doen and always will do. The day i''m banned for so doing will be a sad day as it will just be another step along the route to the american football crowd style giant foam hands and cheerleaders. There are a lot of football fans out there who love going to the football because the atmosphere has an adge to it and sadly that is being lost! I''m all for encouraging children to go to the games as they are the future supporters of NCFC but there is a place in the ground for them and that is in the family areas.

Well said Nav Man. No way did Haydn suggest swearing should be banned, his post has been completely twisted, I''d have been kicked out of every match I''ve ever attended if that was the case! The main reason I sit in the Barclay in the first place is for the passion and the banter.

The thing is this pratt he talks about is just way over the top. What he like to do is wait for a quiet moment and then bellow out a stream of F''s and C''s, often aimed at our own players. He likes to be centre of attention, its nothing to do with the passion of the game, oten its when theres a stop in play!

I bet virtually eveyone who goes regularly to games knows what to expect, joins in when they want to and enjoys it. Having said that there has to be a point when it becomes a pain in the arse to the people around him and is unacceptable. 

Thankyou Nav Man

It is quite good fun to post something and then sit back and see where it ends up.....quite often its hilarious. You are bang on. Firstly, I sit where I want, I like my seat and why should I move because of this idiot? All you who say I should go somewhere else in the ground.....er....nuff said. I swear sometimes at the football, so do my mates, so do the people around me, but nothing like this burk who visibly makes popele of all ages cringe. He is over the top and all I was saying is that he is obviously over the top and maybe a word in his ear wouldn''t go a miss.....I am not syaing he should be shot for christs sake and I am not saying swearing should be banned either because that is ridiculous. I never said that but I guess some of you need ammunition. Is this how your match day goes......?????

"Hello, can I have a f***in ticket to the f***in Norwich match please. I hope we beat f***in Preston today the w***ers! Come on son, lets get a f***in programme and then I ''ll buy you some f***in sweets to eat while we watch the f***in game" Your dinner parties must be a treat.

Anyway, twist and interpret it how you like, its is an open forum afterall, but how it got onto the right wing and Nazis I have no idea!!!

OTBC

Dicky said "If you don''t want your kids to hear swearing, don''t take them to football, simple as that."

More to the point, don''t take them to school either!

In all seriousness there is a difference between shouting out and swearing as we all do on occsion and having someone persistently running on and on at the top of their voices. We all no the difference between normal football behaviour and the occasional fan who just goes "over the top." I think this is the original point, not the normal earthy language that we all expect at football.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]What precisely are you expecting the stewards to do about the fact two blokes have right wing tattoos? Are you suggesting they should be banned from Carrow Road because of their political allegiance?[/quote]

Depends whether they are football supporters who happen to have right wing views, or politicos who go to football matches in order to recruit disaffected young men. 

In the mid/late 90s there was a small group in the Snakepit who chanted racial abuse at black players, sang "No surrender to the IRA" but went all quiet and sullen whenever City scored.  It upset them, because if the fans were happy they wouldn''t want to join their awful little gang.  Credit to our former Chief Exec, Gordon Bennett, for sorting it out.