Sign in to follow this  
Hayden

Svensson

After his first couple of games I must confess I wondered what we had signed, but the boy has settled very well and is starting to really come through for us. Two great goals on Saturday and good hold up play as well. Humble Pie is something I do not mind eating a bit of at the moment....great result, great game but Walsall were the worst team I have ever seen at Carrow Road, but who cares.

I''m with you here Hayden. After Sven''s first few games I really doubted him. He wasn''t playing very well in my opinion. But now he''s doing absolutely fantastically. He''s playing really well and scoring goals. I''m prepared to take back all my comments. Well done Sven.

apparently, according to the old codgers behind me, he''s still doing nuthin but there you go.

Sven is a good honest player and says himself he is nowhere near fit enough yet. He can only get better for us in my opinion.

The guy''s on fire - i never doubted him after seeing his debut at ip*****. Yet in the pub against Reading there were still people shouting abuse at him and slaggin him off. What is it with some people?

A1canary. I think there are people who just love to moan all the time. I know we didnt play particularly well against Palace but there was a guy near me who shouted "He''s S***. Get him off" about 5 different city players. Well if this guy was manager for the day we would have ended up with only9 players. Think we should all just sing up and let Worthy and the players do their job. After all theyre not doing toooo badly are they.
OLE OLE OLE OLE GOIN UP UP UP.

i actually didnt doubt svensson at all.if u look at my previous posts ive always supported him.and im glad its payed off for the lad hes doing really great,and finally banging the goals in.....super, super matt.........super matty svensson

The first time I really saw Super Matt was against WBA on telly. He came off the bench and muscled around and should have had a penalty when he was pulled down in the box. He did look a bit unfit but you could see a quality player under the surface.
The message is, never doubt Worthy. A true talent spotter, he has ignored the primadonnas and got us some great bargains. Just look at Hux,Leon and Matty. They have
the crowd behind them and confidence is high. I just hope the Premiership isn''t going to be too big a step up, although I am more worried about the defence. (I mean no disrespect there by the way, Flem and Malky are Legends). OTBC

I want to make it clear that at no point did I stand in the Crowd shouting abuse or anything of that nature. It seems that some posters here are questioning my conduct towards the player and I will again firmly say that I thought after his first couple of games he seemed to not be at the races and at that time in the season we could not afford a lacklustre performance. He has done very well as has the whole team and believe me my support for the team and whoever is in the shirt is 100%. Big Nige does well with his signings but like any other manager some of them have not worked out...I was merely concerned initially that Svensson was not up to standard. I was wrong and am big enough to admit. If anybody out there reckons they have never questioned the performance of a player (and I don''t mean just verbally on the terraces, in their own heads and thinking ''oh dear'' counts) you are a bloody liar.

I saw Matt score against us in the last minute at Palace a few years back. I thought then that he looked good. He has the potential to be one of the Canary greats and the way he leapt for the first header and dived full length for the second were great moments. I still think he needs to win more headers when Greeno clears but that''s nitpicking and I ithink the combination of him, Leon and Hux is better than anything we''ve had for many many years.

I like Worthy''s comment to the Journos this weekend - "I told you he was a good player but none of you believed me". Well I''m saying the same, particularly to those who shouted ''Iwan'' at him as recently as the Reading game. If there''s one thing that has put a downer on this season for me (and there hasn''t been anything else to be honest) it''s been that. But I''m glad to say he''s shown everyone what he can do - 6 goals in 4 games is proof enough, me thinks. So there - 1st Wiz and I were right all along. Ner ner nee ner ner...

Hayden.

Respect your honesty mate.

There are not many who come on these boards and admit they were wrong - good on ya!