Sign in to follow this  
roland

why was horsfield a targat 32

heard on radio this morning that "norwich miss out on target geoff horsfield". if norwich were after him can anyone explain why sutton is to old for norwich but horsfield''s not considering they are both the same age.

if worthy was intrested in horsfield, surely he must realise that he is contradicting himself because last night he was on anglia news more or less saying sutton''s to old, we''re looking for younger talent. does anyone know who this younger talent is that could strengthen the squad?

I''ve never advocated getting Sutton back. I think with his injury record we should be looking elsewhere, but Worthington does contradict himself at every bloody juncture doesn''t he?!!

Why on earth does he only look at players of Premiership or Championship level? In all his time here only Abbey, Drury and McKenzie have been bought from a team lower than Championship level. We are missing out on so many potentially brilliant young players because Worthington''s scouting system revolves exclusively around only half the potential players.

I agree, none of it makes any sense at all. I would have liked to have seen Horsfield here, but realistically I dont think we ever had much of a chance, I think he would have wanted to stay up north.

I can understand Worthy''s reseravtions with Sutton with regards to injuries, but we have been told he hasn''t even spoken to Sutton!

Now that is just foolish, how many times does a player of Suttons quality become available on a free tranfer let alone wants to play for Norwich? If after talking to Sutton, Worthy comes to the conclusion that he doesn''t want him, I could live with. But not to even talk to him is bordering on imcompetent.

I''m not sure Horsfield was a target either, but if he was, it shows how much we''ve slipped as a club over the last yaer or two. He is not the type of player we should be looking for.

As for Sutton, the reason we don''t want his services are now clearly evident as not being a football one. Worthy goes on about wanting younger players - nothing wrong with that - but being linked with Horsfield and also being an admirer of Duncan Ferguson, both the wrong side of 30 - shows Worthless in his usual contradictory form.

He doesn''t want Chris here. If he did, I believe the board would sanction it. Bigger wages than Horsfield, but for obvious reasons.

Worthy trying to sign a 32 year old striker whom scored 4 goals last year in 23 games and is on a 21 game goalless streak!!  whom would cost around 600K.

But refusing to sign  a 33 year old one on a free, whom is a far better and more versatile player.

Having said that its no surprise Worthy hasnt signed him, Chris Sutton hasn''t scored against us during Worthy''s tenure....