Sign in to follow this  
paul williams

Theory on Worthington

I think Worthington is playing a pathetic game, he won''t sign or consider anyone who has had more success than he has whilst playing football.

Just look at Chris Sutton, hes not any worse than Geoff Horsfield, Peter Thorne,  but Sutton has won the Premiership and won titles and cups with Celtic, so Worthington will not sign him as he would me more sucessful and players may look upto Sutton.

This is another reason why we failed in the Premiership as he didn''t bring in any decent players that had won anything,  so we had no Premier experience (apart from Simon Charlton) which is what we needed.

[quote]This is another reason why we failed in the Premiership as he didn''t bring in any decent players that had won anything, [/quote]

Honours for Thomas Helveg  - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Helveg

• Danish 1st Division: 1989

• Danish Cup: 1991, 1992-93

• Danish Player of the Year: 1994

• Serie A: 1998-99, with AC Milan

• Coppa Italia: 2002-03, with AC Milan

• UEFA Champions League: 2003, with AC Milan
  •  

I don''t know what it is, but what I do know is that Worthington has come out and said that he won''t be signing Sutton, so can we please drop this subject.

It''s become very boring, and with only a day until kick-off, maybe we need to start thinking about the team we do have rather than the team we think we should have.

If Worthington was that worried about a pro taking over why has he got Martin Hunter working with him who is obviously been promised the managers job when Worthington fails.

I did forget about Helveg like he forgot how to play football

what a great point. maybe worthy does feel abit threatened about possible new managers at the end of their playing career. i dont know if sutton would fall into that catagory but then again you never know!!!!

[quote user="Death of Canaries"]

I don''t know what it is, but what I do know is that Worthington has come out and said that he won''t be signing Sutton, so can we please drop this subject.

It''s become very boring, and with only a day until kick-off, maybe we need to start thinking about the team we do have rather than the team we think we should have.

[/quote]

Very well said.

Sorry obviously Worthington knows exactly what hes doing and has the perfect team except for a big striker (his words). If you believe that then you should join the Norwich board. Even the players are doubting him now is that not a big clue as to the strength of the squad. Worthington is weak and couldn''t handle anyone whos is better than him.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]This is another reason why we failed in the Premiership as he didn''t bring in any decent players that had won anything, [/quote]

[/quote]
  • And at Norwich City??   Dropped by the manager after 2 matches for a championship level Right Back.

The Worthington out brigade is starting to get irritating, lets just back the team and all get on with being football fans.  If we are doing nothing come christmas then have a pop.

With regard to signings maybe the board are biding their time.  There are a couple of premiership big boys still looking for good strikers (pompey, newcastle, maybe villa), Dean Ashton is a name that has been mentioned as a potential target for a couple of these.  Maybe the club know something we dont!! But possibly the club are waiting to see if anyone buys Ashton so they can top up the transfer kitty with the sell on clause money, then Worthy will probably go for the players he wants other than settling for the ones he can afford.

After all Izale Mcleod, Steve Brooker, Greg Halford etc.. will all be £1 million + when all is done and dusted...

Who knows? 

I''ve sat at my desk for the summer watching free signing after free signing go to all these other clubs and none of them are good enough to strengthen the norwich squad.

http://home.skysports.com/transfers.aspx?cpid=10

Have a look at this link and see how many players have been signed by other clubs. We are 4 players short including loan deals and brought one player in is this sensible when we''ll suffer from 4 or 5 injuries in the first few week due to hard pitches.

The problem with waiting is that player take upto 3-4 weeks to get used to Worthingtons defensive play.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

The Worthington out brigade is starting to get irritating, lets just back the team and all get on with being football fans.  If we are doing nothing come christmas then have a pop.

With regard to signings maybe the board are biding their time.  There are a couple of premiership big boys still looking for good strikers (pompey, newcastle, maybe villa), Dean Ashton is a name that has been mentioned as a potential target for a couple of these.  Maybe the club know something we dont!! But possibly the club are waiting to see if anyone buys Ashton so they can top up the transfer kitty with the sell on clause money, then Worthy will probably go for the players he wants other than settling for the ones he can afford.

After all Izale Mcleod, Steve Brooker, Greg Halford etc.. will all be £1 million + when all is done and dusted...

Who knows? 

[/quote] Why wait till Xmas?..........

[quote]And at Norwich City??   Dropped by the manager after 2 matches for a championship level Right Back[/quote]

Moving from Italy to England, different pace of game here, Edworthy gave just about everything to keep him out of the team too.  Still, why let history get in the way of a good argument eh, Foghorn ? :)

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

And at Norwich City??   Dropped by the manager after 2 matches for a championship level Right Back.

[/quote]

Would this be the same "championship level Right Back" you were having a go at Worthy for letting go a few weeks ago??

Did you see the Premiership campaign, Paul? Did you see how Eddy performed in comparison to this so-called international (the last 10 games aside)?

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

And at Norwich City??   Dropped by the manager after 2 matches for a championship level Right Back.

[/quote]
  • LOL not only that he was in his 30`s when he signed for us.

The age and experience thing only works when it is convienient.

Why don`t these guys just print "Worthy is never wrong"

[quote user="Death of Canaries"]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

Would this be the same "championship level Right Back" you were having a go at Worthy for letting go a few weeks ago??

Did you see the Premiership campaign, Paul? Did you see how Eddy performed in comparison to this so-called international (the last 10 games aside)?

[/quote]

Well we are in THE CHAMPIONSHIP NOW.,..................  so a championship right back or free fMAY PROVE USEFUL.....  christ.

errr well I saw him twice at the start of the season, then for about 5 games in midfield, then for the last 7 games...  I think that was your lot.round about 16 games I beleive, 9 in his actual position.....  we won 7 of the games he played I beleive, we won 3 of edworthy''s....

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]And at Norwich City??   Dropped by the manager after 2 matches for a championship level Right Back[/quote]

Moving from Italy to England, different pace of game here, Edworthy gave just about everything to keep him out of the team too.  Still, why let history get in the way of a good argument eh, Foghorn ? :)

[/quote]

well as we won what 2 games with edworthy in the team out of the 29 he started, whereas we won 5 of Helvegs 16 games (only 9 at right back) and the cup game he started.

It doesnt mean anything really but you list all the trophies he won - what has edworthy won?  he is a championship player.  It was poor judgement form the manager to drop him after only 2 games.  However worthy see''s them in training!!!  lol the biggest joke at norwich city that...