Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Have more confidence.

Nobody knows what is going to happen next season. Get behind the lads. I know some people are critical of Worthington, and some players but if the playes lack confidence GET BEHIND THEM they probably want to do well for Norwich City Football Club. If after 5 games a player is not doing well instead of being critical, get behind them. Everyone deserves a chance. Although I know getting behind players wont make them brilliant players a bit of confidence can go a long way. The reason I say this is because I watched the promo- season and the fans were absolutley fantastic GET BEHIND THE LADS

Its not the players i have a problem with never has been, although fair play we have some very average ones.  Its the manager that i have a massive problem with because i just can''t see this club progressing as WE all want it to as long as he stays.  Too much water has past under the bridge for me and he just doesn''t deserve another opportunity to foul things up.

Tell me have you ever felt so apathetic and disinterested on the eve of a new season?  I know i haven''t and i reckon i''m not the only one. 

[quote]  If after 5 games a player is not doing well instead of being critical, get behind them. Everyone deserves a chance. [/quote]Fair point most of the players deserve a good shot at it, but certain players will need to shape up if thet want to stay in the team.[quote]The reason I say this is because I watched the promo- season and the fans were absolutley fantastic GET BEHIND THE LADS[/quote]If only this team could replicate such things again, maybe then the fans would respond, I know how hard it is to motivate yourself when you see certain performances of last season. You can go on and on about how we should get behind the team and I don''t doubt the excitement of a new season should restore the atmosphere but ultimately the team will have to work to keep the atmosphere, will they kill it off or inspire us to be even better.

You seem to admit that the players lack confidence. Is this confidence in their own ability, or confidence in the managerial set up/board.

Judging by the recent comments of Captain Jury and the recent departures, perhaps the answer is the latter. There is no smoke without fire!

I have watched three pre-season friendlies, and believe you me, I certainly do not have any confidence that we will finish higher than half way in the league this season. The body language of the platers in the games that I have seen say it all.

people go on about "get behind the lads" but ask yourselves this... if u were on a boat that sprung a leak would u continue to row or would u take it to someone who could make it all better?

jas :)

I think the fans initially will get behind the lads and in fairness, the majority did last season until things went belly up towards the end of the season (and in lived in other parts of the country where fans are less less patient than ours).

However, i think the patience threshold won''t last as long this time.  An awful lot of people have invested season tickets expecting a ''big push''.  If its not forthcoming after 6-10 games then i think the tolerance levels may snap.