wan hanoi

is andy hughes injury really a problem?

[quote user="barkertwist"]shouldnt we be glad that the weakest link is

injured? Now all we need is etuthu to be ruled out for the

season![/quote]

Wishing injuries on our players?

Pathetic.

You''re beneath contempt.

I wish we could rule you out for the season - the less "fans" we have with your poisonous attitude, the better.

well i wish "fans" like you would get there heads out of the sand and realise that the majority of our squad are not fit for the championship let alone the premiership! Its called honesty.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="barkertwist"]shouldnt we be glad that the weakest link is injured? Now all we need is etuthu to be ruled out for the season![/quote]
Pathetic.

I wish we could rule you out for the season - the less "fans" we have with your poisonous attitude, the better.
[/quote]

Spot on Herb - I have my suspicions that many of the posters on here are very bored people with too much time on the hands who have never really supported the club and get off on mishief making.  Supporters?  Not under any definition of the word.

Well he scored at Leeds last season ......

Yes please support all the players, and we don''t want any injuries but we already seem to have 4 injuries and the season hasn''t even started.

Out are Green, Louis-Jean, Hughes and Rossi Jarvis.

And with such a small squad (27) at the moment  we are surely going to suffer during the season.

We have 8 youngsters who don''t have much experience yet but they will get it this season because of injuries.

Maybe we should say 26 players because Louis-Jean remains a big question.

So squad numbers 9, 11, 12, 13 (supporters), 16 and 19 are still up for grabs.

Barkertwist said

shouldnt we be glad that the weakest link is injured? Now all we need is etuthu to be ruled out for the season!

Herb your reply echoed my own,nice one.

I know how it can anger some people, but i can also see why some people dont see this as such a bad thing. Hughes is not good enough for our first team yet worthy insists on playing him so injury is the only way to improve the team in this case.

Hughes isn''t good enough whether he is fit or not. Any City fan who thinks he is should take a trip down to Specsavers.

[quote user="Northern Canary"]I know how it can anger some people, but i can also see why some people dont see this as such a bad thing. Hughes is not good enough for our first team yet worthy insists on playing him so injury is the only way to improve the team in this case.[/quote]That aside, the original poster said he was hoping for a season-long injury to Etuhu.Thats so low I find it almost unbelievable.The sort of words I''d like to use to describe him wouldn''t get through moderation, but if theres any justice in the world he''ll get an injury which keeps him from doing his job for a year.Instant karma''s gonna get you barkertwist! (break a leg...!)

[quote user="Dicky"]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="barkertwist"]shouldnt we be glad that the weakest link is injured? Now all we need is etuthu to be ruled out for the season![/quote]
Pathetic.

[/quote]

Spot on Herb - I have my suspicions that many of the posters on here are very bored people with too much time on the hands who have never really supported the club and get off on mishief making.  Supporters?  Not under any definition of the word.

[/quote]

and what does that say about you Dicky (630+ posts isnt it)...seems you could be getting on with something more productive

I seriously thought we missed Hughes when he didnt play last season

i hope i''m not the only one either!

he actually played some good games, and you noticed the difference when he didnt play, the game was poorer.

unbelievable, if you think its untrue, maybe you should dig out last seasons dvd and have a look for yourselves....

For this game, no.  I don''t think his injury is a problem in this case because (i) It is unlikely he would have started in the centre anyway.  (ii) He''s not an exceptional right sided player (we have Croft, Henderson and Mcveigh who will be more effective).

However, if Safri, Etuhu and Robinson were also struggling with injuries, then yes we would be in trouble.  Hughes has fallen in the pecking order for central midfield, so for this particular game it shouldn''t matter too much.  That may change later in the season if and when injuries strike.

For me its not a case of wanting him injured.  Just a case that we probably manage without him okay for this one.

[quote user="AJ"]

I seriously thought we missed Hughes when he didnt play last season

i hope i''m not the only one either!

he actually played some good games, and you noticed the difference when he didnt play, the game was poorer.

unbelievable, if you think its untrue, maybe you should dig out last seasons dvd and have a look for yourselves....

[/quote]

LOL

This must be tounge in cheek or I want some of the stuff you are on, which influenced such a scandalous comment.

It was no coincidence last season that when ''Hoose'' didn''t play we won, look at our ''5 game manager of the month (decemeber)'' run, who was injured then?  I also remember us being behind against crewe away and qpr at home and losing yet when he came off we won.  Look what happenned to Reading last season without him!!  I would never wish injury on one of our own but hughes should never start a city game.