Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!

For the love of God, will everyone please stop posting new threads about Sutton! There''s already ten million of them, and they''ve all become playgrounds for bickering!

Mods, please can you just lump them all under one thread to get rid of them! It''s a day till kick off of the new season and all we''re hearing is "whinge whinge Sutton blah whinge Worthy''s actually great whinge Sutton BLAH!"

And all the while new and interesting posts are getting lost or overtaken with Sutton remarks!

I''m on the verge of never visiting this site again it''s getting so boring!

Can the mods just issue a "this topic is now closed for discussion" statement and be done with it! Free speech and all that, but come on, it''s getting silly!

And yes, I do realise the irony of starting a thread about Sutton to complain about the threads about him.

[quote user="Death of Canaries"]

For the love of God, will everyone please stop posting new threads about Sutton! There''s already ten million of them, and they''ve all become playgrounds for bickering!

Mods, please can you just lump them all under one thread to get rid of them! It''s a day till kick off of the new season and all we''re hearing is "whinge whinge Sutton blah whinge Worthy''s actually great whinge Sutton BLAH!"

And all the while new and interesting posts are getting lost or overtaken with Sutton remarks!

Can the mods just issue a "this topic is now closed for discussion" statement and be done with it! Free speech and all that, but come on, it''s getting silly!

And yes, I do realise the irony of starting a thread about Sutton to complain about the threads about him.

[/quote]

DOC, I am sure most people on here share your sentitments - the season starts tomorrow, let''s get excited about what is going to happen not agitated about something that won''t.

Kick it off....

[quote user="Death of Canaries"]

[/quote] What''s all this about Sutton then.........I thought he''d been put out to grass.......[8-)]

Much as Sutton was a great player for NCFC. 

Why on earth is so much time and space devoted to him on these boards.  The message is fromNCFC that he is not coming here, end of story, to me, banging on about something that will not materialise is plain daft.

Who the hell do you think you are ''Death''? Telling the moderators to ''close'' the threads or ''lump them together'' so you don''t have to read them.  Have you ever considered that most people are posting/replying to those threads, and debating the Sutton issue, because that''s the issue they''re interested in?  It''s called democracy. 

For the record most people seem to view the Sutton issue as another example of Worthless''s screwed up management skills in microcosm., that''s why they''re so vexed about it.  They''re just as excited/concerned about the start of the season as you seem to be, the main difference being that they realise we''re about to start it with more or less the same failed squad and manager who screwed up so badly last year, and they''re desperate for someone of Sutton''s experience and qualities to be brought in to strengthen the squad and give us a fighting chance this season.

If you don''t fancy coming back to the site for a while, fine. Better for everyone if you go off into a corner and talk to yourself.

tell you what, why don''t we reply to the interesting threads instead then ?  Then they''ll go to the top ?

..Have a little scrummage ?

It''s called looking forward Clown, maybe you''d like to try it ?

I assume you won''t be bothering to buy a new shirt when they come out ?  After all, you seemed to enjoy last seasons'' antics so much, you want them to bleed into this season.

[quote user="cliffoa"]

Who the hell do you think you are ''Death''?

Telling the moderators to ''close'' the threads or ''lump them together''

so you don''t have to read them.  Have you ever considered that

most people are posting/replying to those threads, and debating the

Sutton issue, because that''s the issue they''re interested in? 

It''s called democracy. 

For the record most people seem to view the Sutton issue

as another example of Worthless''s screwed up management skills in

microcosm., that''s why they''re so vexed about it.  They''re just as

excited/concerned about the start of the season as you seem to be, the

main difference being that they realise we''re about to start it with

more or less the same failed squad and manager who screwed up so badly

last year, and they''re desperate for someone of Sutton''s experience and

qualities to be brought in to strengthen the squad and give us a

fighting chance this season.

If you don''t fancy coming back to the site for a while, fine. Better

for everyone if you go off into a corner and talk to yourself.

[/quote]

Who do I think I am? I think I''m a user of these boards, and have been

for some time, who has concerns about it''s current state.  I''ve

honestly never seen it like this - the same topics raised daily so that

the same people can jump in and bicker with each other.  Have you

actually read one of the threads and then gone onto one of the others

and compared? They''re exactly the same!

Anyone who''s ever dealt with a forum knows that there has to be some

level of control over what threads appear on the front page - if it''s

the same topic over and over, it will lose users.  It''s one of the

reasons why BBC''s 606 forum went down the pan; too many users posting

nonsense, pushing the topics of interest down and off the page.  I

for one don''t want that fate to happen to this site!

I''ve no problem with debating the Sutton topic, but if you''ve been

paying attention you''ll notice it''s been going on for about a week and

there''s nothing new being said.  It''s become boring, and whilst

you maintain that "most" people on this site want to talk about this, I

dispute that.  "Most" people want to discuss a wide range of

topics, not just see the same thing over and over.  It''s very

simple; variety is the spice of life.  Some people don''t seem to

understand that.

You don''t like my objections to it? Well fine, I''ve got no problem with

that.  But try to think about what you say before you write, then

we''ll all get along just fine.

Now, where were we?

Oh yes:

Keep it low, splendid rush!

[quote user="Clown Out"]You mean threads like whose going to be man of the match Saturday and Tuesday , very very interesting stuff.[/quote]Compared to the tripe you post, threads like that are relatively interesting. Only ''cos you set the bar so low, mind.

DOC, you are so right.  The topic has worn itself out.  Get over it everybody, whether you like Sutton or not, HE''S NOT COMING!!!

Now lets get this bloody season started!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

tell you what, why don''t we reply to the interesting threads instead then ?  Then they''ll go to the top ?

..Have a little scrummage ?

[/quote]

or scrimmage, even....

look

out everyone DOC is in charge, please only write about what he tells

you to

Yes, that''s exactly what I said.  Well done.  Glad to see you applying your usual high standards of intelligence to your posts...