Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

LEEDS MATCH THREAD - Lineups and report

Croft starts in a 4-5-1 formation...

Leeds: Warner, Kelly, Crainey, Butler, Kilgallon, Lewis, Stone, Bakke, Derry, Healy, Horsfield.
Subs: Westlake, Gregan, Carole,Moore, Blake.

Norwich: Gallacher, Drury, Shackell, Doherty, Colin, Croft,Safri, Etuhu, Robinson, Huckerby, Earnshaw.
Subs: Fleming,Thorne, McKenzie, McVeigh, Lewis.

Referee: G Laws (Tyne & Wear)

Live updates here:

http://new.pinkun.com/content/NCFC/Stats/2006-2007/matches/060805Leeds.aspx

Earnshaw misses with just the keeper to beat. Still, we''re creating chances.(think positive, think positive, think positive)

Sounds like we''re the only team in it - and passing the ball rather than hoofing it.

A bit concerned by Adams'' comment that we''re playing zonal marking - never works...

That pratt Tony Cottee on Sky Sports has not mentioned one good thing about us, he has Leeds running the game - he''s a disgrace as well as being probably the worst player to play for the club together with Walsh.

I would take a draw at this stage though because if Leeds are promotion contenders then it would deny then two points.

Come on City, they denied us a win in March, lets give them some back!

Went from good to worse.

VERY glad there was no hoofing though.

Very unlucky. On another day we could of came away from there 3 or 4 goals to the better.

Bring on Tuesday! x

[quote user="Dicky"]That pratt Tony Cottee on Sky Sports has not mentioned one good thing about us, he has Leeds running the game - he''s a disgrace as well as being probably the worst player to play for the club together with Walsh.[/quote]

I watched sky sports Cottee was very complimentary to Norwich, said just before the goal that apart from the first 10 mins Norwich had dominated!!!!!! 

An encouraging start. Earnshaw would usually stick those chances away so not too concerned by that. Croft despite being a few weeks behind on fitnesses sounded like he was very positive and gave the side balance which is something we''ve lacked. Unfortunate to give away the penalty but at least he''s not afraid of getting back to help out the defence and perhaps you could say its his lack of match practice that meant he gave away the penalty. I''m still not confident we have the right manager and it will take a while for me to start thinking he is right for the job, but if we can continue playing attacking football and keep passing like we did then perhaps this season might turn out to be alright. Still think we could do with a target man to partner Earnshaw but only so we have someone who can make the crosses we get in count. Not going to turn this into a Sutton post but I think he might have taken one or two of those chances that Earnshaw had to get his head on.Not getting too carried away but certainly looking better than how we finished last season.