Sign in to follow this  
John Travolta is back

MORE MONEY FROM ASHTON

Reading in the sunday rag this morn stevie mac looks like picking mr ashton for his first game in charge. this if im correct will give us a extra 250,000 big ones. THIS MONEY HAS TO GO IN THE KITTIE either for transfer fee''s or towards loan wages or my personal choice part of a pay-as-play deal for sutton. i''m sure bringing sutton back will not only give us a target man but give the team that added lift i think is needed. any thoughts.

the beer is for my hangover

If its part of the deal, which I can vaguely remember, then this will be useful.

I am still a little more than bemused on the Sutton issue. Players coming back to clubs for 2nd spells rarely works out. I think it must the the romance of nostalgia that lies within us all. Why not get Ruel, Keith O Neill, and Eadie out of retirement, (same dodgy knees as Sutton)?

Ashton''s to play against Greece then is he. Hmmm.

You never know, maybe if the Greeks slip his uncle £20, he''ll change teams at half-time

[quote user="John Travolta is back"]

culverhouse, fleck and dale gordon would do for me. I see your point about sutton but with what money we have to spend can we get better? pay-as-play would mean if he did get crocked he dont get paid

[/quote]

Thats the whole point.

Its not like most people think Sutton is the best player to fill that gap.

We think he is the best we can afford at the moment.

Most of the people who object would seem to rather have nobody than Sutton.

In a squad our size where Sutton could fill several roles that makes no sense.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I''d rather that we take 2 promising young loan players from Premiership clubs like Arsenal and Spurs than waste money on Sutton.[/quote]

And I''d rather we bought 2 promising young players from the lower leagues like we used to back in the day than waste more money on loan deals, at least then we were the ones to benefit from any improvement in ability.

BTW Do we actually have a scouting setup monitoring the lower leagues these days?

Loans that have almost no chance of becoming permanent signings are a complete waste of time and money .