Sign in to follow this  
ca

A Question For You

If Svensson scored his goal in the 50.46 min(according to NCFC website, TVand the Sunday papers) of the game and I said,in my prediction that he would score in the 51st minute did I get it in the right time bracket,51 - 60 mins. My thinking is that 50 mins have gone and we are in the 51st minute.Also if a goal was scored in 45 secs that would be the 1st minute.
Seems a trivial question but I am excited about being 6th in the prediction league and could move up a few places if I''ve got it right.
What do you think?

I think Pete will use the minute stated on the Pink ''Un match report -- we see this difference quite a bit because the Pink ''Un times often seem one minute earlier than the ones sent out by the Press Association (or one minute later... I forget right now).

So you''re saying if you predicted 51st minute, and the goal was on 51.01 you wouldn''t make a fuss because technically it was the 52nd minute?

Vince,
I would never make a fuss anyway because I just do it for fun but I am in 6th place so am getting excited about overtaking that lovely moderator Peter. But if you say that a goal scored in the 51.01 min is the 52nd minute then I guess the goal scored on Sat in the 50.46 min was in the 51st minute so I did get it right then which is all I wanted to know.
P.S.How can the pinkun times be different to the actual time the goal is scored?
cityangel

Cityangel,

Times differ mainly due to whoever is doing the match report. I have checked the BBC, the PinkUn and the EDP and they all class Svensson''s goal as being scored in the 51st minute. I have changed the online match report accordingly and these are the times you should refer to for your predictions.

PS Changing the times doesn''t benefit me either. Not this time anyway...

I love you Peter, not as much as Hucks of course.Norwich top of the league and cityangel 3rd in the prediction league the excitemant is all getting too much for me.

I passed your love onto the great man on Saturday night before going to McVeigh''s party. He just looked at me strangely...