Sign in to follow this  
Garlic Bread?!

Player Ratings vs Leeds

Tomorrow''s EDP has the following:

Gallacher 6, Colin 7, Doherty 6, Shackell 7, Drury 7, Croft 6, Etuhu* 8, Safri 7, Robinson 6, Huckerby 6, Earnshaw 6. 

Personally, I''d have awarded the following on what I saw yesterday.

Gallacher 7: Looked good and so nearly got a hand to the penalty; controlled his area well. Colin 7: For me, an outstanding display from someone I just didn''t rate last year. Shackell 6: A good performance. Doherty 5: Played hoofball whenever he got it and looked panicky. Drury 7: looked composed. Hucks 7: Looked menacing first half, suffered from Croft going off. Etuhu 8: my MOM. Croft 7: In my mind an excellent start, and I thought he got the ball in the challenge that resulted in the Pen. Robinson 6: Again, a solid display from a player who struggled against Northampton. Saffri 7: Solid in midfield, as usual really. Earnshaw 7: A lower score than he should have got simply because he didn''t. I thought him unlucky.

Subs:

Leon 6: Looked out of sorts to be honest. McVeigh 5: A shocking performance from him especially after last weekend. Nothing went right for him. Thorne 5: Despite him not being Chris Sutton (please can we give THAT subject a break?), was unlucky not to score in the last minute, but still has yet to impress me. 

All in all, yes ok we lost, but to my mind this was a return to the passing football we know we can do and I thought it was so much better than last season.

OTBC

My ratings for yesterday. I expect to be shot down in flames, I was on WOTB on one player
Gallagher 7 fairly sound, didn''t have that much to do
Colin 7 Much improved clearly benefitted from having someone in front of him
Docs6 got better as the game went on, the only player to hoof all match
Shacks 6 reverse to Docs good first half slipped a bit second
Drury 6 Usual drury one great block, sometimes too far of hi winger, suffers from having no onein front of him, well no one who will help
Croft 6 Promising start needs fitness & curb enthusiam in tackles
Robinson 7 Great first half , faded a bit after half time. Does the bits & pieces that are so necessary but many fans don''t see.
Safri 7 Good start & looks fit..touch wood
Etuhu 7 Excellent first half, again faded later when shape of team was altered
Hucks 6 Needs to produce more end product but always looks our most likely source
Earnie 8 yes i know he missed teh chances but general play was very good and gibve him those chances again he''d get a hattrick
Subs Leon awful
WLU Truly awful
Thorne No comment

Gallagher 7 Colin 7 Docs6 Shacks 6Drury

6 Croft 6 Robinson 4  Safri 8 Etuhu 6 Hucks 6 Earnie 6

I too was at the game and generally the reports reflect accurately how the game panned out.

For what it''s worth I think the West Midland Canary report was spot on.

I''m a Worthy Outer but fair do''s to him, I thought he got things right. Tactics were brave and effective, particularly in the first half and subs were made at the right time but the subs rewarded him with poor performances. Could it be the small squad problem will come home to roost yet again? We still need a big centre forward who can hold the ball up ala Roberts, if only for an outlet and an alternative method of attack. Someone similar to John Hartson would be just fine!!

Apologies for stating the bleeding obvious but we now need a win tomorrow playing the passing game to encourage all connected with the club.

Again have to agree with West Midland in his assesment.  The only change is that second half you can take at least a mark of every player to their first half score.

So I would go

Gallagher 9 8

Colin 9 8

Drury 7 6

Shackell 7 5

Doc 6 4

Safri 8 7

Robinson 8 6

Etuhu 8 5

Croft 7 - (not on long enough)

Hux 6 5

Earnie 8 7

In addition I would struggle to give 4 to the subs with severe difficulties in understanding how all three players looking for an opportunity to grab their place just wasting it completely.

I think we will see at least two of these gone by January.