Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

We are being lied to

Well, IN MY OPINION we are, and over transfers.

Have you noticed that very player we''ve been told we are ''interested'' in, not one of those players managers have ever said there''s been an enquiry from Norwich City FC!.   

Apart from Croft this season, and despite the right noises from Mr Worthington, how many managers have said ''hands off'' or similar towards us?, thats right, none!.

And I''ll tell you why?, we never made an offer for Horsefield,  Chadwick and Co in the first place!. In fact, its my opinion, that we never intended to buy, or loan, anyone this season. Croft, again in my opinion, was an ''olive branch'' signing to keep the fans quiet.

I believe there are several reasons for this. Worthington could be on the way out.............or as I believe........we''re broke!. I don''t even blame Nigel for this, he''s just doing as he''s told, no, this is a board thing.

Mr Munby and Mr Doncaster both promised SIGNINGS and Mr Munby promised at least 3 by the transfer window closing. Guess what chaps?, the clock is ticking.

I would rather they stopped the spin, and quit the patronising lies they feed us, and told us straight that there will be no new faces up at Colney this year, I''m an Adult, I can cope with that.

What I find hard to cope with (as some players now do apparently!) is the daily lost hope of a press conference to unveil a new signing. When in fact, no approaches have been made anywhere or to anyone in the first place.

I bet they''ve even got their excuses lined up for September, and are just waiting to release the ''we''ll go with what we''ve got'' statement.

''We are interested in Kugi, we admire him and have enguired about him''. 

See, its easy!.

PS. I stil half expect to see Earnshaw go before September, remember where you heard it.

" I would rather they stopped the spin "

Spin,eh ?

From the man that claims that our manager is on the way out, as is Earnshaw. We are broke(whatever that means). The club has not approached any other club, in fact has never intended to approach any other club this might be considered a bit rich.

However at least what comes out of Carrow Road usually has an element of accuracy in it, however dressed up in a positive form it may appear.

Whereas poor old Wiz has only one point of merit in that there never is any degree of accuracy in his postings. If the team could only get that level of consistency we''d be champions by Xmas !

You certainly are the ''greenest'' poster on here, you recycle the same posts over and over again and the majority are incorrect.

I believe that our financial position is not as rosy as some posters on here would have us believe, and despite what was said in the press regarding Steve Howard, I do not we could have afforded him at £1M (before any one starts I am glad we did not buy him). I do not think Croft is an "olive branch", he fills an area we have had problems with over the last couple of seasons and he looks to be a decent buy. I do not expect any more purchases, but I do expect a loan signing, my only fear is that all of the half decent players available for loan will have been hoovered up. My personal view is that come January, Greeno will be on his way and the money raised used to strenghten the squad. My only critiscism is that we were linked with Horsefield in the first place, I am not sure what scouting system we have in place, there must be players sculling around in the lower leagues who are worth a punt, again not saying we should sign him but I was interested in the article regarding Watford being interested in the 21 year old lad that played for Attelborough and Dereham....

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

PS. I stil half expect to see Earnshaw go before September, remember where you heard it.

[/quote]

Ok, put your money where your mouth is - just how confident are you?

I bet you a hundred quid he''ll still be here in September.

Well its as clear as day the Board dont want Worthington spending much money , but after the rubbish he signed last summer thats hardly surprising  and his targets this summer have been nothing more than donkeys , so just as well the Board are not backing him .

I agree with what you are saying 1st Wizard, but I didn''t think Nigel Worthington (or any manager) is allowed to mention interest in a player via the press without speaking to the club first?

Isn''t that seen as trying to poach?

Well, IN MY OPINION we are, and over transfers.

Have you noticed that very player we''ve been told we are ''interested'' in, not one of those players managers have ever said there''s been an enquiry from Norwich City FC!.   

Apart from Croft this season, and despite the right noises from Mr Worthington, how many managers have said ''hands off'' or similar towards us?, thats right, none!.

And I''ll tell you why?, we never made an offer for Horsefield,  Chadwick and Co in the first place!. In fact, its my opinion, that we never intended to buy, or loan, anyone this season. Croft, again in my opinion, was an ''olive branch'' signing to keep the fans quiet.

I believe there are several reasons for this. Worthington could be on the way out.............or as I believe........we''re broke!. I don''t even blame Nigel for this, he''s just doing as he''s told, no, this is a board thing.

Mr Munby and Mr Doncaster both promised SIGNINGS and Mr Munby promised at least 3 by the transfer window closing. Guess what chaps?, the clock is ticking.

I would rather they stopped the spin, and quit the patronising lies they feed us, and told us straight that there will be no new faces up at Colney this year, I''m an Adult, I can cope with that.

What I find hard to cope with (as some players now do apparently!) is the daily lost hope of a press conference to unveil a new signing. When in fact, no approaches have been made anywhere or to anyone in the first place.

I bet they''ve even got their excuses lined up for September, and are just waiting to release the ''we''ll go with what we''ve got'' statement.

''We are interested in Kugi, we admire him and have enguired about him''. 

See, its easy!.

[/quote]

Sorry Wiz, i think that you''re slightly off the mark with this one.

We''ll be told (I''m quite sure) who we enquired about after the transfer window. It depends on what you term an enquiry at the end of the day - but I''m confident we enquired about a few players. If you believe that an enquiry = an offer then, in your terms you may be right, but to me, the two are very different.

There is a whole world of difference between being broke and not spending. Maybe you need to brush up on your economics. Funds can vary from being liquid i.e. cash flow and illequid i.e. assets. My understanding is that we are not cash rich, but we are asset rich - meaning that we have assets that can be cashed in, but these happen in the longer term. We may not physically see £m, but the sales of such could balance out losses to prevent further debt.

You mention lost hope about press conferences - and i share in that - but the club has not given me anything thought the press or wider media to believe this will happen. It''s merely my wish. I cannot hold the club responsible for that.

As far as ''going with what we''ve got'' statement - for me that will entirely depend on any possible sale of greeno before the end of august. Again, i think we all have assumed that his sale was always going to be a part of any summer fund. I''m not holding the club responsible for greeno''s injury.

Re: Munby and Doncaster - you have a valid point although i didnt see the the promise, but i believe you. Maybe they were wrong to say this since (with the Sutton debacle) i think its clear that the board have no right to pick the players or squad. Frankly i''d love players to come in, but not some cheesecake from Macclesfield or similiar for the sake of bringing in three players.

As for Earnshaw - well if you want two quality players minimum coming in the funds have to come from somewhere. Personally i cant see Earnie going anywhere yet, but you could be right. Would you prefer Earnie to go to bring in the signings you want?

I''m as fed up with worthy and the board as you wiz, but to call them liars is a step to far. You becoming so desperate for a weapon that you''re making me feel like a KTF''er. How many others are beginning to think the same after your OTT posts? Frankly you come up with some ace posts - but sometimes you let yourself down. I want us to do well, even if Worthy stays. I''m not sure you do - and i think most fans draw the line at wanting their team to fail to prove you, or them, right. Sorry Wiz, but we''re all wrong sometime.

In reply to your otherwise superb post Rossi, trust me my friend, I''m desperate for City to do well.

Starting against Preston tomorrow night.

Regardless of who the manager is, we must win and win well!.

In reply to your otherwise superb post Rossi, trust me my friend, I''m desperate for City to do well.

Starting against Preston tomorrow night.

Regardless of who the manager is, we must win and win well!.

[/quote]

Appreciated wiz - OTBC!