Sign in to follow this  
wan hanoi

6 easy points in 5 days.

im quite confident we can roll over preston and luton with little problems. after all if we cant win home games like that, weve got no chance this year.

p.s. is tyrone from coronation street the first player weve had to give away a penalty for fouling 2 players at the same time?

I quite agree barkertwist, if we cannot beat Preston NE and Luton Town at Carrow Road, we do not deserve to go up. Respectfully, they are quite good teams in their own right, but we should beat them at home...end of story.

In fact, if we don''t get 6 points in the next 5 days, fans will start getting itchy again!

''Roll over Preston and Luton with little problems'' - REALLY!!

Er, haven''t you learned anything from last season when many fans were saying that we had ''nine points in the bag'' and how many did we get in the first week?

Preston got to the play off last season and stuffed us 3-0 here so why should we suddenly turn the tables, they were the best side down here by a mile. In Dave Nugent they also have the best player in The Championship. They may have had some changes as have Luton but both are still damn good sides who will give us a good run for our money.  

david nugent best in the championship, are you for real yellow rider? how did you come to your conclusion when the championship has the following players:

forssell; jerome; hartson; dunn; gera; skacel; lawerance; mcsheffrey; rasiak; idiakez; bakke; stone; healy and not forgetting our very own ernie and hucks to name a few.

i''m sure people will disagree with some of my choices but not many will have nugent on top of their list.

Yep.

Although we should believe that we can win, we should never believe that other teams are "easy".

It NEVER works like that. Never has done, never will do.

[quote user="theolster"]if you look at the preston team this year and compare it to last years yellow rider you may notice they have sold 4 of the starting 11 plus manager billy davies. as for luton, they lost nicholls and howard, amd my point is we have to win these games to go anywhere![/quote]

Totally agree, but to say easy is the bit that i opened my eyes to. Preston still have a great defence and luton always start well. Yes we should win, but dont have the ''we''ll walk over em'' attitude. Even in the promotion year we only walked a couple of teams, and none in the early stages

[quote user="theolster"]if you look at the preston team this year and compare it to last years yellow rider you may notice they have sold 4 of the starting 11 plus manager billy davies. as for luton, they lost nicholls and howard, amd my point is we have to win these games to go anywhere![/quote]

your point theolster, or barkertwists'' point ?

Are you, in fact, the same person ?

Would you be sad enough to wind people up by agreeing with yourself ?

Two tough games but we are an above average team at home so i would expect 4 points from these two games.  But its not really at home where are problems lie is it!?

your nuts if your expecting any easy game, as long we play some good stuff and things bounce our way we can win these games, but these are two tricky teams, lets just hope your arrogance doesn''t spill over to the players and manager.

It''s these sort of comments about ''rolling over teams'' that really get my goat.  Of course these teams are just going to turn up and let us stuff a few goals past them arent they.  Of course these teams have nothing to play for with only 45 games left.  I presume the original poster is quite young because if you had supported Norwich for a few number of years then one thing you will certainly know is that if there is ever a team who you can guarantee will  ''roll over teams'' it is certainly not Norwich.  Last year three home games - many people expecting 9 points - points gained 3 - enough said. 

there are no easy games and no easy points.. Preston are a good side who can pass it about and Luton are tough tackling!

jas :)