Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Do you loathe Worthy?

Well actually I don’t hate him, never met him, never want to meet him after I feel he has single handed managed to destroy the club I fervently supported and looked forward to seeing, now to the situation where I celebrate an opposition win hoping it will be a result getting nearer the day he has gone from my life.  To be honest I think it may be too late for me to be re-invigorated to the City cause, good I hear some of you cry “We only want real supporters”.  Well ok you have your misguided opinions I doubt however I am alone in this despair and when next season most of the cognitive amongst you have walked and the club is trying to survive on 10,000 season tickets you will do well to heed the warning.

Well back to the many reasons I dislike Worthington not only as a football manager but as a man, these are in no particular order:

¨      A lack of technical and tactical skills, top UEFA qualification must be like today’s GCSE’s.

¨      Our recent poor performances laid firmly at his door, remember football is best watched when played on the ground.

¨      His passionless persona with however just the one notable exception.

¨      The recent poor record in the transfer record, enough said.

¨      His all so predictable post match appraisals, obviously wasn’t watching the game I saw!

¨      An arrogant attitude towards the players and supporters, he always knows best.

¨      Unstinting loyalty to under performers see Holt and Fleming.

¨      An antagonistic approach to the less favoured see Edworthy, and many others.

¨      An apparent lack of managerial nous, he just doesn’t seem to understand how to play the management game i.e. to get people on his side e.g. the Sutton saga.

¨      The unstinting mantra of work rate over ability.

¨      The lip service paid to youth development and the playing of our youth players, Hendo excepted.

¨      A marked inability to learn from his mistakes of which there are many until its too late, see right midfield.

¨      An inability to react positively when a change is required, look at the record of substitutes.

Honestly I could go on and on, this is already too long, it is becoming a Chickenesque diatribe, but the man annoys me intensely as you may have gauged from the above.  I will not return until he has gone and would happily pay over the odds for his swansong but that one might just be oversubscribed.  Let’s look forward to that fateful day coming soon and to football played again at Carrow Road.

If anyone thinks I may have missed your particular gripe, feel free to add it, I bet I agree and apologise for it not being listed above, I am particularly looking forward to the Worthy Lovers trying to defend his record.         

do you really think that worthy wants to lose and make city a poor team,i dont think so he wants city to win every game ,he wants city in the premiership,come on get off his back,to say that any norwich city football club person dont care is a joke .

i wish some of you worthy outers and delia outers would get a life.

come on you yellows

" after I feel he has single handed managed to destroy the club "

He then goes on to list other more valid reasons.

"What have the ever Romans done for us " pales into insignificance besides this.

Pete, I agree with you.  I don''t loathe Worthy as,like you I don''t know him but I do loathe the way he manages Norwich City.  He is destroying our club.  He is arrogant and has no respect for the fans.  The sooner he goes the better. 

[quote]He is arrogant and has no respect for the fans. [/quote]

Yes, you are right, he should be tugging his forelock to the Barclay end before every match, and phoning a selection of random members every week to make sure if his team selection meets with their opinions.  Chris Sutton should be fed a diet of roast swan served on a bed of handmaidens.

F.*. S, bring back Cloughie giving the kids on his pitch a cuff around the ear for being daft enough to invade it.

no - he is doing exactly what I would if I had a very highly paid job and zero talent... nothing

[quote]...I feel he has single handed managed to destroy the club I fervently supported and looked forward to seeing...[/quote]And they say the KTF group are blinkered...

[quote user="I. Shurmer"][quote]...I feel he has single handed managed to destroy the club I fervently supported and looked forward to seeing...[/quote]

And they say the KTF group are blinkered...
[/quote]

Tell me about it, a strange use of words. Last time I looked Carrow Road has never looked better, we''re not in administration, have a decent core of players, the youth set-up is slowly starting to produce again, crowds are 20,000+ each game, compared to championship years pre worthy we''ve had a lot more to be optimistic about. All the insanity is based on one ropey season where we still finished top ten. Granted the premiership season wasn''t great but his hands were tied financially, you only have to look at what Watford and Sheff Utd are spending on transfer fees this season.

I''m looking forward to tonight so I can finally see if we''ve let some footballing lessons from last season.

No I don''t loathe him - but i do feel he is not upto many of the things we as NCFC supporters expect of our teams manager.

Interesting to see however Pete - that although you put alot of your own reasons down for the way you feel about Worthington - you did set the question to those who support Worthington to come back with reasons and rationale why - but yet again, as always, they come back with one line comments like "bye", "No" etc..

Maybe its because they can''t really think of any good reasons for him to still be here but can''t face the thought of admitting it....

Something tells me you weren''t feeling quite the same about him when we reached the playoff final or won the championship. I bet you were trying to get into his bed then eh Pete ;-)

One season in the Premiership and expectations go crazy. Think back to the previous pre Worthy 10 years. What short memories people have.

No, I don''t loathe him, but I find his post match comments predictable and often crass. I have not used my subscription to Canaries World for some months and I shall not be renewing. If he believes everything he says, then his judgement is suspect. If he doesn''t, then he is lying to us!I leave aside all the usual criticisms of him, except the fact the he has had more money than any manager before, and has largely blown it! This is why our long-term future is threatened. He is no Martin O''Neill, but then this is true of most managers and this is no ciriticsm of our manager. What I find hard to take in his public utterance is the constant mindless repetition of inane expressions and a complete failure to offer any significant apology or explanation of why we underperformed.. If we had some insight into a keen footballing brain, then I could be taken along with him, but....

I don''t hate Worthington, but then I don''t love him either.  The fact is, I don''t actually know the man, so it''s unfair to make judgements (doesn''t explain why I hate Robbie Williams and everyone in Big Brother, though).

I think Worthington is a decent young manager who has achieved success with our club - saved us from relegation in his first season, play-off final the second, then Promotion within 3 and a half years.  Not a bad run by any stretch of the imagination.

But it seems like he''s just run out of ideas and has lost the fans as a consequence.

Also, his "work rate and committment were first class" post match comments every single game are tedious... and he struggles in the transfer market.

And he isn''t particularly tactically aware.

And he isn''t a very good man-manager.

But other than that, he''s fine... [;)]

I want to see someone else take over, but would shake his hand and thank him for all he''s done before he left.

People are bored with Worthington as much as anything and this has led to dislike.

His post-match comments, his quotes around transfers, his reponses to questions, are all very predictable, very trite and very insular and so he annoys people and bores them at the same time. This probably explains why City were so stale last season. If we''re sick of hearing his voice think about the players who get it every day.

Goodbye - pleased to see you go. We have had worse managers than Worthy in the past and will have in the future. If your support for the club is so fragile that you can''t cope with this, save yourself a lot of misery + save everybody else the pain of having to listen to your negativity at matches.

One less "boo-boy" at matches is good news. Hopefully some more will live up to their words and go as well! We can live without those that admit to celebrating City defeats and opposition goals.

[quote user="The Judge"]

No I don''t loathe him - but i do feel he is not upto many of the things we as NCFC supporters expect of our teams manager.

Interesting to see however Pete - that although you put alot of your own reasons down for the way you feel about Worthington - you did set the question to those who support Worthington to come back with reasons and rationale why - but yet again, as always, they come back with one line comments like "bye", "No" etc..

Maybe its because they can''t really think of any good reasons for him to still be here but can''t face the thought of admitting it....

[/quote]

And maybe it''s because we could waste valuable time trying to put forward a cogent argument, only to have it ignored by people with a single issue agenda who systematically post negative comments based on gossip, other fans comments (generally fans with the same agenda) and who treat such gossip as undeniable "proof" of a "club in turmoil".

Just because you know you''re right, it doesn''t mean that you always want to talk till you''re blue in the face to people that won''t listen anyway.

I rarely post but felt the need to on this thread. Would just like to say that I loathe him with a passion.

That man is solely responsible for my aloof attitude on a Saturday morning/afternoon. I hate the fact that I no longer get excited on match day. We''re playing tonight but am I that bothered............ no! Win, lose or draw and if i''m being honest I feel no different these days.

How many times do I have to hear the same dull post match comment and watch the same naive tactics (which date as far back as the playoff final) week in week out. 

Who gets excited about any free kick or corner that we may win? As long as Nige is here - never!  

Why defend corners and freekicks with eleven men? What chance do you ever have of a counter attack if every player is in the penalty box.

Why play substandard players out of position....... why even sign them in the first place!

Why sack your coach when YOU are the main problem!! I can''t actually take much more of him because i loved our club and still do but I''m no longer passionatte about it!

Why sell your better players(Mackay & Edworthy) in the promotion year and replace them with tosh!?

He is the most deluded man in football and is ruining or club for all of the above and some!

No need Fence Worthington will be gone in another couple of months , and if any of our previous managers had been given the financial support Worthington has had they would have done just as good a job. He is the worst we have had no doubt about it , and the most hated by fans too.

[quote]I hate the fact that I no longer get excited on match day. [/quote]

This isn''t the clubs responsibility, it''s yours.  Maybe you should go shopping with the missus on a saturday afternoon for a change ?  Ok, so we''re a mid-table outfit aspiring for the play-offs, but are you suggesting that Wolves, Preston, or Ipswich fans feel the same way ?  Do we have to win for you to enjoy being a supporter ?  I have no idea what the outcome of tonights game will be, but I''ve been excited about the prospect of going since I got my ticket.

I hear a lot of slogans here, and not a lot of argument to back them up.  More detail for each of your points please so that we may discuss them.

"Just because you know you''re right, it doesn''t mean that you always want to talk till you''re blue in the face to people that won''t listen anyway" - unbelievable Blah - absolutely priceless....

You come on this board time & time again condemning people for their views, which they rightly or wrongly believe in, and you come out with this - how arrogant.

So you know you are right do you ?- you obviously have inside information then. You make conclusions from the information/PR that comes from Carrow Road just like everyone else does - its just you come to a different conclusion to them - does that make you more right than them ? To be honest the truth probably lies somewhere inbetween. But for you to come out with a statement like the above makes you no better than the people you choose to condemn so articulately picking holes in their statements line by line.   

In over 50yrs of supporting the Club, I''ve never ever wanted, with such passion, any other manager to leave!

From day 1 the buffoon has shown himself to have no empathy whatsoever for what the Club has stood for.

A corrosive Howard Wilkinson clone eating at our vitals...

To loathe is surely to hate and hatred is never a good thing. I wish for him to leave our club because he is failing in his job. After that I wish him the same is a wish any person at that is to live long and prosper. But then again I am a Vulcan

I think we both see arguing over who is more arrogant as a waste of time, Mr Judge, sir.  I am obviously more arrogant than you, and I have the biggest conkers, so there.

You are of course entirely right, people should be free to conjure up any old gossip or rubbish they''ve read or thing they''ve heard down a pub and get really cross about it, and use it as absolute proof of the staff of Norwich City acting as if they were living in the last days of the Roman Empire.

The half-time cuppa comes in a styrofoam cup, not a lead one.