Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Salute to the fans.

"On the ball City'''' rang out loud and clear last night, okay, it was sung a little too quickly for this old sod, but it did send a shiver down the old spine to hear it sung at that volume again.

Well done to everyone who joined in with it.

Also, did I detect a return to the ''one supporter'' mentality last night?. You know what I mean?, no KTF or WO, it was brilliant, keep it up guys and gals.

I won''t be at the Luton game to enjoy this again, so give the lads a big cheer from me.......................please.

OTBC.

PS. Has Hunter made the difference or has Worthy changed back to football on his own?.

If it was Worhty''s fault things went wrong last year, he /has/ to share in the credit for an excellent performance last night.But I agree, it was...exciting(!) to be a Carrow Road again.

I was planning to record OTBC on my mobile to use as my ring tone, but it started before I even had a chance to get my phone out of my pocket!  Was great to hear and and join in again! Great performance from players and fans alike (aside from the odd misery guts).

I won''t be there on Saturday either (I''ll be watching York vs Exeter, that''s real football [;)] ), but wish I was, so make some noise for me guys, and another game like last night, please!

Yes well done to all the fans, we did ourselves proud.

Plus lots of Delia''s barmy army chants.

Honestly. Hark at you all patting yourselves on the back!

YOU WERE ONLY SINGING BECAUSE THE TEAM PLAYED WELL!

I was listening to the radio commentary on t''internet, and in the second half before we scored I was being defeaned by the sounds of pins dropping.

Fair enough - give yourselves some credit. But when times get tough, we aren''t playing too good and the opposition is beating us, will you still be singing? Or will it be back to booing Hughes, cheering opposition goals and chanting for the manager''s head?

[quote user="1st Wiz"]

"On the ball City'''' rang out loud and clear last night, okay, it was sung a little too quickly for this old sod, but it did send a shiver down the old spine to hear it sung at that volume again.

Well done to everyone who joined in with it.

Also, did I detect a return to the ''one supporter'' mentality last night?. You know what I mean?, no KTF or WO, it was brilliant, keep it up guys and gals.

I won''t be at the Luton game to enjoy this again, so give the lads a big cheer from me.......................please.

OTBC.

PS. Has Hunter made the difference or has Worthy changed back to football on his own?.

[/quote]I agree with you wiz it is sung to quickly, and I''m a young sod lol, unfortunatly too young to remember when it was sung properly.Annoyed that yet again I couldn''t make the first game of the season but nevermind I shall be there come Saturday, OTBC!

[quote user="Mook"]

Fair enough - give yourselves some credit. But when times get tough, we aren''t playing too good and the opposition is beating us, will you still be singing? Or will it be back to booing Hughes, cheering opposition goals and chanting for the manager''s head?

[/quote]

Its only 2 games Mook.  if after 10 we are in the bottom half then I will be chanting for the manager''s head.

[quote user="Mook"]

I was listening to the radio commentary on t''internet, and in the second half before we scored I was being defeaned by the sounds of pins dropping.

[/quote]

Stop being bitter because you missed it, you old tart.[;)]

Be happy for City Mook, we''ve waited two bloody long years for that kind of football mate.

[quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

I sing every game, Mook, come wind, rain or shine, come bad performance or good.

Not lumping everyone under one misguided view of "all" fans there, are you?

SOB - don''t geddit. What do you mean? Oh yeah, I see - singing before we started playing well. Ok - my bad, sorry. I just hate it when the other team attacks - yes, there''s another team too! - and all our fans start cursing and whinging as if it shouldn''t happen!

Wiz - I was a bit gutted, but hey, I''m going on Saturday, then you''ll be the one who''s jealous!

CJF - football has ups and downs. Look at what we achieved with a positive attitude. Let''s take that into the times when the going ain''t so good. That''s all I''m saying.

[quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]Well duh! This is a two way relationship and the players must realise that if they work hard and play well the crowd will respond accordingly. May I remind you we pay alot of money to watch these games, unlike the players who are paid silly amounts for what they do. They should be the ones working to get a good performance from the fans not the other way round.

''don''t geddit. What do you mean? Oh yeah, I see - singing before we

started playing well. Ok - my bad, sorry. I just hate it when the other

team attacks - yes, there''s another team too! - and all our fans start cursing and whinging as if it shouldn''t happen!''The whole of Carrow Road went up with the traditional OTBC chorus before the match even kicked off, and, being there, I can tell you it was reasonably vocal all evening  Don''t turn on /everyone/ just because you''re disenchanted with a few.

Apologies for the offence, people. I have no right to criticise when you do or don''t sing.

I guess I''m just feeling a little bitter that all these "we''ve got no hope for the season with the irish clown in charge" brigade are now singing our praises and talking about "buying a striker and winning the league"!!

I think we have an army of schizophrenics as fans...