Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

hoofball RIP - Well done hunter

worthy in a suit - hunter in shorts and ankle socks? who''s the first team coaching daddy? nuff said.  it looks like worthy is less involved with first team. best football played last night than for the majority of last season combined - really enjoyed the match, can''t thank hunter enough for bringing back passing football to city - as ith 4-5-1 you have to be patient when the game is tight, but as it opened up we created some great chances. still feel we need a 4-4-2 option, esp at home, and most people at game said sutton up front would be final piece in jigsaw for this city side.

Its beginning to look like Nigel  is becoming a back number as regards management decisions ! the change in the team  since Hunter arrived is quite startling ....   and I just can`t see this  being just a coincidence ,    it looks more and more like  a board decision   to have  a dual management  ? the question is ...  is this with Nigels approval ?   I wouldn`t have thought so myself , and he wont like the implication that he`s not up to it on his own ..... wont do his ego much good , thats for sure ! 

Will Nigel be kicked upstairs ?  [ a place on the board ?]    or is he being phased out ?   [ap]

So there is no way Worthy could have had anything to do with this?  Any success is in spite of him but all the problems are because of him - any chance we could just say "well done everyone, keep it up" and then leave it that.  No, a good performance has to turn into another reason as to why the manager should go and conspiracy theories then emerge. 

Maybe Worthy wanted Hunter?  Maybe he wanted him because he felt he could coach the players in the way he wanted it done.  It is possible!

Interesting quote from Worthy,

“I said to the players I want more,” he said. “I wanted us to up the tempo, go and pass the ball more, be more ruthless in our approach. When you see Huckerby and Earnshaw tackling back I think that says something.”

Last season it would have been "earned the right to play" and "work-rate" rather than "pass the ball" and "tempo".

Lets just enjoy the football.

But I thought you lot were in the Steve Foley appreciation society???

Surely, if Hunter can make a sudden difference in that role then Foley should have??

Or maybe this is why Foley was marginalised by Worthington - he wasn''t very good?

Or perhaps ..... IT''S A JOINT EFFORT TO GET THE TEAM PLAYING WELL. It''s hardly in Nigel''s interests to have them playing awfully, is it?

In my opinion a good Manager manages and delegates responsibilities - just like any successful business, and Hunter is an excellent appointment to do what he is good at, coaching. Lets hope this becomes a top class partnership - most of the best Teams over the years have this in place, Clough and Taylor comes to mind with Taylor being a great Coach but a very poor Manager. Worthy was heavily criticised for buying Etuhu las season, and his performances were disappointing, but what I saw last night was a 200% improvement, as also with Robbo, who never wasted a ball. If Worthington and Hunter can work TOGETHER to improve the Team, lets give Worthy the credit for persuading him to come to Norwich. I liked the formation which switched from 4-5-1 to 4-3-3 smoothly and do not see any need for Sutton. Croft is a fantastic buy, and will get better and better as fitness improves. And what a buzz in the stadium again, without the negative vibes of last Year.

I think you''ve got to credit worthy for having the guts to open his mind to other ideas that we never thought he would. As for Hunter I think it was obvious from the first day he was brought in as manager in waiting you don''t leave the england set up for no reason, early signs are encouraging on that.

I reckon Worthington has had his body taken over by some Pheonix-like creature from outer space with an agenda to take over the world by eventually winning the Champions League.

Surely that''s the only way Norwich could have played well under his guidance, isn''t it?

[quote user="Mook"]

But I thought you lot were in the Steve Foley appreciation society???

Surely, if Hunter can make a sudden difference in that role then Foley should have??

Or maybe this is why Foley was marginalised by Worthington - he wasn''t very good?

Or perhaps ..... IT''S A JOINT EFFORT TO GET THE TEAM PLAYING WELL. It''s hardly in Nigel''s interests to have them playing awfully, is it?

[/quote]

You''re right Mook, ''Foley was a scapegoat and Hunter is a yes man who won''t be able to change anything.'' Or perhaps everything we were being told during the summer was nonesense! Maybe apologies are due from some quarters.

[quote user="Mook"]

It''s hardly in Nigel''s interests to have them playing awfully, is it?

[/quote]

Did you not Worthy is a Trojan Horse and massive Scummer fan.  His sole purpose is to bring the club down from the inside.

Agreed Mook.Neil Adams summed it quite well on Canary Call last night - Worhtington is /still/ the head honcho, decisions are always made at his discretion, not the coaching staff.If we''re doing well, it''s because all the pieces are there, not because he''s being ''marginalised'' or ignored in favour of the coach''s advice.

Hardly  a conspiracy theory Saint !   Nigels had two seasons  to  get things moving  as they have done this season , albeit early days !  why didn`t he say , and do ,these things  last season  ?   God knows  it was THEN that the team need sorting !!

I just can`t see Nigel  having anything to  with Hunter`s arrival  , to him it would be an admission that he`s not up to the job !  he IS , after all , the first team coach  ....   yet here we are  , with Hunter  the , "Youth coach "  ,   standing alongside Nigel  !    ......  

I`m not particularly anti Worthy ,  as long as he`s up to the job  he can stay  till he needs a zimmer frame !   he`s taken some deserved flak  in the last two years , he gets well paid to take this sort of thing  if it goes tits up ,   ALL managers get it  !    why shouldn`t he ?

Actually I`m well in approval  of  having two managers  working together !   IF  they get along !!   like  ol`bighead and  Taylor  in the heydays ,  we all know Nigels  inflexibility and stubborness  ,  can you REALLY see him  taking advice from Hunter ?

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

So there is no way Worthy could have had anything to do with this?  Any success is in spite of him but all the problems are because of him - any chance we could just say "well done everyone, keep it up" and then leave it that.  No, a good performance has to turn into another reason as to why the manager should go and conspiracy theories then emerge. 

Maybe Worthy wanted Hunter?  Maybe he wanted him because he felt he could coach the players in the way he wanted it done.  It is possible!

Interesting quote from Worthy,

“I said to the players I want more,” he said. “I wanted us to up the tempo, go and pass the ball more, be more ruthless in our approach. When you see Huckerby and Earnshaw tackling back I think that says something.”

Last season it would have been "earned the right to play" and "work-rate" rather than "pass the ball" and "tempo".

Lets just enjoy the football.

[/quote]

Absolutely Saint, cant believe this worthy''s still rubbish stuff. Rough with the smooth and all that.

Incidentally i believe that Keith Webb was coaching last term, not foley, but not sure

Yes well done Martin Hunter, you''ve completely tranformed the team and the way they play.

Hunter for Manager - Worthy Out

[quote user="cityangel"]

Yes well done Martin Hunter, you''ve completely tranformed the team and the way they play.

[/quote]

My darling angel - if hunter is 100% responsible for the change, then Foley must have been 100% to blame, so why worthy out?[*-)]

Indeed. Why is it so obviously Hunter that''s turned everything around? Why can''t it be the more settled team, the balance brought by a decent-quality right winger, the more-encouraging-than-last-year pre-season, the willingness of most fans to give the team a chance at the start of a new season, the fantastic atmosphere, certain players sorting their heads/fitness out, the rub of the green for a change or any of the other little things that contribute to a team performance?

Personally, I don''t care what''s brought about the transformation...I''m just glad it''s happened and hope that it continues.

OTBC!!

[quote user="Rossi"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

My darling angel - if hunter is 100% responsible for the change, then Foley must have been 100% to blame, so why worthy out?[*-)]

[/quote]

Absolutely! Remind me, what was being written on here when Foley was removed?

[quote user="Rossi"]Incidentally i believe that Keith Webb was coaching last term, not foley, but not sure[/quote]

I think that whilst Foley was unwell former shelf stacker Keith Webb was coaching and taking on more duties.....  hopefully he will be back now with assistant manager Doug Livermore collecting cones....

So the new messiah is Martin Hunter.

Hang On!  Is this not the same Martin Hunter I was informed to be a "yes man" from the "Howard Wilkinson School of Football" during the summer.  Funny how this long ball merchant and yes man has single-handedly turned this club around in just two games.  He hasn''t been curing lepers outside the ground aswell has he?

Are there any stands we could name after him, or shall we just build him a statue?  Or maybe we could just wait and see how things go rather than building the man up just so some can shoot him down later.

[quote user="Canaries for Ever"][quote user="Rossi"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Absolutely! Remind me, what was being written on here when Foley was removed?

[/quote]

It would be good to be reminded about what some people said about Hunter when he first turned up.

No, not at all cause poor Steve Foley was ill for part of last season , Livermore just collects cones so Worthy must have taken charge of the coaching.

Martin Hunter has come in, taking the bull by the horns and has taken command whilst Worthy has faded into the background and will shortly dissappear altogether.

Well a girl can dream can''t she. [:D]

Well done not only to Hunter, but to Worthington. They''ve teamed up brilliantly, and have brung back passing football to City.

Lets hope this keeps up!

[quote user="nh_ncfc"]Well done not only to Hunter, but to Worthington. They''ve teamed up brilliantly, and have brung back passing football to City.

Lets hope this keeps up![/quote]Spot on. Those claiming its all Hunters work and no one elses are fooling themselves. It seems its Worthington and Hunter sharing responsibility this season and they both deserve credit. I have been a Worthy Outer since early last season but the start of this season he and the whole team deserve praise for the way they''ve played and how they''ve gone about putting last season behind them. I''ll never be fully convinced by him but at the moment he''s doing a solid job.

Suggest you go to Colney and watch some of the training, then you''ll see who is in charge!