Sign in to follow this  
beno27

Shall we sing it

Obviously a good performance/good result rules this out but if we were to continue where we left off last season i think a chorus of we want worthy out is in order. It sends a clear message that we have not forgotten last season and still do not want worthless at the helm.

apologies if i offend but we cannot put up with him any longer! OBVIOUSLY I do not want this to have to happen but there is nothing that gives me the confidence to think we will win this game. It will make a big impact to be calling for worthingtons head early on.

[quote user="beno27"]

It will make a big impact to be calling for worthingtons head early on.

[/quote]

Indeed it will. A big impact on our chances of doing anything this season.

You''d best hope you''re not sitting near me, because you will be told what I think.

Still, you''d love a bit of in-fighting between supporters by the sound of you.

Instead of being prepared to “put up with him” if we are winning, maybe you should have some conviction of your contention and sing your chant regardless - if that’s truly what you believe.

Personally I am turning up hoping to see us win and play well, not making Plan B’s “in case”.

the clubs'' song is On The Ball City.

Don''t you want to be in our club ?  Or would you rather be in your own club with your own song ?

To do it at the first game of the new season is pretty over-the-top.I think you''ll look a bit foolish and bitter to be quite honest.

Call yourself a city fan, your a disgrace.

First home game of the season, lets get behind worthy and the team, any sort of anti worthington chant will be detrimental to the team, just try giving them a chance they might surprise you, but i guess you would prefere us to get stuffed tonight so you can have your little chant with a coulpe of hundred others.

How about cheering on the team you allegedly support?

If it is clear that after several games we have made no improvement on last season then I am sure the board will be left with no choice but to give him his marching orders.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="beno27"]

It will make a big impact to be calling for worthingtons head early on.

[/quote]

Indeed it will. A big impact on our chances of doing anything this season.
You''d best hope you''re not sitting near me, because you will be told what I think.
Still, you''d love a bit of in-fighting between supporters by the sound of you.
[/quote]

So what if Beno 27 wants to make his feelings heard. I want to chear on the team, but I am enradged at last season and if Beno 27 wants to call for worthy''s head he can. He feels the same as many fans and it''s not like he is alone ! Also you better hope that you don''t sit near Beno 27 because I do and I too would tell you "Herb" what I think !

[quote user="DIZNAZZA HIZLOMEZ"]I''m sorry last season wasn''t good, but continue like we have started this season then ,Worthy my friend all is forgiven, and welcome back. Tonight was fantastic. Dickson Etuhu showed what he is all about tonight.[/quote]

As far as I''m concerned Worthington will never be forgiven, but I am quite happy to see my team doing well.

I agree with you Alex - great result tonight for the team/club but i will never get behind Worthington again.  He shouldn''t and doesn''t deserve to still be manager. 

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="DIZNAZZA HIZLOMEZ"]I''m sorry last season wasn''t good, but continue like we have started this season then ,Worthy my friend all is forgiven, and welcome back. Tonight was fantastic. Dickson Etuhu showed what he is all about tonight.[/quote]

As far as I''m concerned Worthington will never be forgiven, but I am quite happy to see my team doing well.

[/quote]

Guys if we do well this season, you have to let it go. My foot was firmly in the Worthy Out camp last season, but i want to be proved wrong, and play like that, i can accept some reconciliation. To be behind the club, you have to give the manager some kind of chance. The attitude wont help anyone. I accept it might be to early to call but give the guy a chance.

After the misery of last season, I just want to enjoy the moment.  Whether Worthy is here or not, I''m just thankful that tonight had a good atmosphere, good football, and some signs that things - albeit slowly - might be moving in the right direction.  Singing "We want Worthy Out" right now just looks plain daft.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]As far as I''m concerned Worthington will never be forgiven, but I am quite happy to see my team doing well.[/quote]Same here, I will never fully be convinced by Worthington because last season shouldn''t have been allowed to get as bad as it did. However if we continue as we''ve started then brilliant and the players deserve our full backing 100%.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]Let''s be honest, we''ve had 2 good seasons, one lukewarm season, and one poor season under Worthington''s management. Frankly, I think he deserves to be given another go, I''m glad the board have given him the opportunity, and it''s great to hear the Oles return to Carrow Road. I thought he should have walked last season, but if he can turn it round, then he has my full support as the manager of a club I''m passionate about.I would not put personal grudges over the success of NCFC - but some people obviously see different, and that''s an opinion I guess they''re entitled to.

[quote user="Juninho Stegglinho Barairos Du Pon"]

Also you better hope that you don''t sit near Beno 27 because I do and I too would tell you "Herb" what I think ![/quote]

Would you indeed?

I''m not the sort of bloke who''d be worried by people who slag off the team I love telling me to do the same. In fact I''d probably laugh in your face.

In fact, it could have been you sitting next to me tonight. Not once did he sing, cheer or encourage the team. He spent the entire game slagging off everything about the team. Constantly moaning away to his weary looking neighbour. Constantly moaning about us keeping possesion by sometimes (shock horror) having to pass the ball backwards. Etuhu (who I thought had a solid game) came in for particular venom. He even moaned when, in injury time iirc, we held the ball in the corner (which resulted in Preston''s late sending-off)

I just hope hes not a season ticket holder, ''cos I doubt I''ll make it to the end of August before I throttle him. He contributed NOTHING to the game tonight, and seemed a little annoyed we''d won and played decent football at times. We truly would be better without "supporters" like that if thats his attitude on the first home game of the season.

Can I get a transfer to the lower Barclay please? Perhaps if you''re not him Juninho-stupidly-long-name, you''d like to swap, you and Mr Whingey would get on like a house on fire. Hell, maybe beno can join you - what a party that''d be!

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Juninho Stegglinho Barairos Du Pon"]

Also you better hope that you don''t sit near Beno 27 because I do and I too would tell you "Herb" what I think ![/quote]

Would you indeed?

I''m not the sort of bloke who''d be worried by people who slag off the team I love telling me to do the same. In fact I''d probably laugh in your face.

In fact, it could have been you sitting next to me tonight. Not once did he sing, cheer or encourage the team. He spent the entire game slagging off everything about the team. Constantly moaning away to his weary looking neighbour. Constantly moaning about us keeping possesion by sometimes (shock horror) having to pass the ball backwards. Etuhu (who I thought had a solid game) came in for particular venom. He even moaned when, in injury time iirc, we held the ball in the corner (which resulted in Preston''s late sending-off)

I just hope hes not a season ticket holder, ''cos I doubt I''ll make it to the end of August before I throttle him. He contributed NOTHING to the game tonight, and seemed a little annoyed we''d won and played decent football at times. We truly would be better without "supporters" like that if thats his attitude on the first home game of the season.

Can I get a transfer to the lower Barclay please? Perhaps if you''re not him Juninho-stupidly-long-name, you''d like to swap, you and Mr Whingey would get on like a house on fire. Hell, maybe beno can join you - what a party that''d be!

[/quote]

Sadly "Herb" I couldn''t be there lastnight because I broke my ankle sunday night and im in too much pain to go out.So that guy you sat next to wasn''t me "unfortunatly" ! You''re obviously not fimiliar with me and a few previous posts of mine in which I go on to say how although angered at last season  I want the team to do well and will be cheering the team on ! 

"Can I get a transfer to the lower barclay please ?" No im not swapping seats with you ! "The lower braclay" will do just fine for Juninho ! and you talk about whinging and moaning, have you read your own post ? 

Juninho stupid long name

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Juninho Stegglinho Barairos Du Pon"]

Would you indeed?

[/quote]

OOOH hitting him where it hurts, his name!

Can I just say well done to the team and I am delighted with the 3 points, I DID get behind the team from the start and thoroughly enjoyed the game, Worthy has gained some respect from me and though I will not just casually forget last season I will give them time if the good performances continue. no points from the first 2 games would have been terrible and there would have been no hope, especially with all the big teams now in this division. But a win on saturday will put is in good stead and I am looking forward to this season a lot more after last night, I was just accounting for all eventualities.

OTBC

[quote user="beno27"]

[/quote]

Not really, it was just easier than typing it out. And it is a stupid name.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="beno27"]

[/quote]

Not really, it was just easier than typing it out. And it is a stupid name.

[/quote]

What difference does that make to you?

It was 7 letters easier, jees whats 7 letters! especially when you use so many letters telling people they arent real fans

does it really matter whether juninho stegglinho has stupid name or not? (it aint stupid for the record) personally i think herb is a stupid name, do you hear me complaining? no! so unless you have a valid point to make rather than insult somone''s name just give it a rest

[quote user="beno27"]

It was 7 letters easier, jees whats 7 letters!

[/quote]You answered your own question. I don''t think you fully understand quite how lazy I am. :)

[quote user="sussexcanary"]

i will never get behind Worthington again. [/quote]

You don''t go to the games, so what difference would that make?

Ok, so this really hurts to say it - but lets give Worthy a chance. Ouch.

We all know last season was a disaster, but having retained the majority of the squad, and having added a much needed right winger who seems to had made a great impression, and having added a decent, respected coach so far things have gone well.

We can all remember the disappointing season after the play-off defeat, but we followed that awful year with promotion as champions.

Hopefully after last year''s disappointment maybe we can achieve promotion. 

Ok, so Worthy hasnt inspired us with some of his comments or tactical decisions, and yes, some of his signings havent been as well received as they should have been, but lets give him time to prove us all wrong. Let''s unite for the sake of the club and see how the season pans out.

OTBC!