Sign in to follow this  
Tumbleweed

Kevin Cooper

We should sign him if we go up. I like the busyness he brings, he tackles and harries and has the confidence to run with the ball and shoot. He was also blatantly tripped yesterday in the penalty area but got up and on with the game. Assuming Rivers is out we should stick with what we know and I think Cooper already looks like he enjoys it with us and fits into the team well. With Hux on left midfield and Cooper right we can get to both bylines and put in good crosses for Leon, Sven, Iwan (if he is there next year) or laybacks for Francis and Holt.

At last. Am I the first to notice the question mark has been replaced with exclamation marks?

I think it is fair to assume Rivers is out, I don''t think you are out of order there. I honestly don''t believe Nigel thinks he is a Premiership player as seemingly he doesn''t appear to think hes a Div 1 player. Which a number of supporters agree and surprisingly some others seem to believe he has some ability.

Getting back to KC, shows good attitude and ability, could be a good squad player but the question re next year is how much would Wolves expect to receive, his stock has risen last 5 games and Wolves might just inflate any asking price. I suggest a fee around £250K would be a fair price.

We shall see.

I''m not sure if we should sign Cooper. Yes he''s doing well at the moment but how well is he going to perform in the Prem? If I had to fall off the fence either way I''d probably say go for him. If we look how well he''s done considering how few games he''s played at Wolves and Sunderland this year. His fitness is good. If we signed him though he might not be much more of a squad player. Also there is the factor of whether Wolves would want to flog him. It''s been reported that they aren''t in debt at all and Cooper might be the kind of 1st Division player they would want.

In conclusion therefore I haven''t get a bloody clue if we should sign him!!

Kathy

yes you are!!

Happened after Mr Barries through ball last week!

Wolves will take what we offer them just to reduce their wage bill I suspect, once they go down.

But he couldn''t get into the Wolves in the Premiership, why should he be good enough to get into a City team who will be looking to do much better than Wolves have managed this year?

We need to be buying proven Premiership players.

I know what you mean splendid rush but many other teams (including us) have spent money on proven players who have just not worked out. Some players work well in comibination with certain others- look at Robert Fleck who was fantastic here in Spell 1 but was a nonentity at Chelsea.

I reckon that since its likelyto be a small outlay and we have seen him play real live meaningful matches with us which have gone well we should go for it. Saturday''s standing ovation made me think I''m not the only one impressed by him.

I reckon we save the serious money for some defenders and a supplement to Holt/Francis.

He hasnt played in the Prem for Wolves as he has been injured most of the season (I think)

Indeed he has been injured most of the season - in fact, he wasn''t even fully fit when he came to us.
Dare I say it.... I think he could end up replacing Mcveigh, who as much as I love him, doesn''t quite have the body strength to compete like Cooper. He got knocked about at Everton something awful, and I''ve seen it happen a few times before. Still, his game has moved on a level this year, why not another next year?

And we are to rely on the opinion of Mr Jones?

I think not.

If Worthy signs him, he;s good enough, end of .

Players like Edworthy, Mckensie and Coops probably can''t believe their luck.

And as for Matt and Leon, debuts at Portman road and top of the league ever since. What more could they ask for from a new club.

Apparently he has a dilemma as he still has 2yrs of his contract to run at Wolves,if they come
down and an expected exodus of players takes place he would probably be a first choice for Wolves.To come here he would have to take a pay cut.EEN Friday night

I suppose we can but hope that a pay cut would be compensated for partly by the surroundings here, the people he would be working with, and so on. Hang on! Wasn''t that the case for someone else earlier on this season? I''m just getting a feeling of deja vu!

If you were going to pick between Rivers and KC then it has to be KC. On that basis we should try and sign him...and get rid of Rivers. As to KC only being a squad player, I would suggest that that is the case for many players at many clubs.
I really don''t see us going out and signing loads of players next year for the simple reason that we wont be able to afford to. We will stick largely by the squad that has done such a fantastic job this year. I can see no more than three possible signings (initially!!) - central defence; central midfield and maybe a target man - Crouch?
I truly hope that we dont do what some other clubs have done and sign in players who don''t give a damn about what we are about and who only sign for the money - witness what happened at Sunderland, Derby and the Scum etc.