Sign in to follow this  
ca

Richard Balls in the EEN

Great article in he EEN tonight where he gives his opinion on the Sutton situation.

He feels that Sutton being a fans favourite and a strong personalilty would be too hot for Worthy to handle then cites Matt Jackson and Malkey as two other players Worthy got rid of , as they fell into the same category.

He goes on to say that it doesn''t always work to bring ex players back especially ones with injury problems, but like a lot of us, hes puzzled that Worthy wont even give him a 5 minute hearing to see whats on offer..

Well said Richard Balls!

How do you know if Worthy has or hasn''t spoken to Sutton or his representitive? If Sutton is as good as you all say he is then he would have been signed by another club by now. 

[quote user="lfreresmith"]How do you know if Worthy has or hasn''t spoken to Sutton or his representitive? If Sutton is as good as you all say he is then he would have been signed by another club by now. [/quote]

Because he told me.

The club havent even returned his calls.

[quote user="Kathy"]

[quote user="lfreresmith"]How do you know if Worthy has or hasn''t spoken to Sutton or his representitive? If Sutton is as good as you all say he is then he would have been signed by another club by now. [/quote]

Because he told me.

[/quote]

Point of information.  Kathy, who do you mean by "he" - Worthy, Sutton or his agent?

With great respect to Richard Balls who does write some excellent articles in his football reports.  I feel this particular article is too full of speculative opinion and little hard facts that it smells of the similar Worthy Out articles that have permeated through the boards where rumour and opinionated gossip form into misleading info for the punters to mull over and think of them as facts. 

Much like the articles written by journalists who need material for their articles in the local rags, and print as facts, completely dubious information, that leads us readers to believe they come from a factual source, and like the today''s financial update from the horses mouth are proved to be really full of misinformation, and really have only stirred up public opinion against the club unnecessarily.  It would IMHO be better for the writers to write shorter articles with factually based material so that we who can only read them will be confident that we are fed on the truth.  I would think that would not be too much to ask journalists to have a duty to both their readers and their editors.

[quote user="Kathy"]

Because he told me.

[/quote]

more trouble with the phones at carrow road it would seem.........  Also Sutton wants to live in and around norwich, he is also recovering from injury at the moment.

[quote user="beelsie"]

With great respect to Richard Balls who does write some excellent articles in his football reports.  I feel this particular article is too full of speculative opinion and little hard facts that it smells of the similar Worthy Out articles that have permeated through the boards where rumour and opinionated gossip form into misleading info for the punters to mull over and think of them as facts. 

Much like the articles written by journalists who need material for their articles in the local rags, and print as facts, completely dubious information, that leads us readers to believe they come from a factual source, and like the today''s financial update from the horses mouth are proved to be really full of misinformation, and really have only stirred up public opinion against the club unnecessarily.  It would IMHO be better for the writers to write shorter articles with factually based material so that we who can only read them will be confident that we are fed on the truth.  I would think that would not be too much to ask journalists to have a duty to both their readers and their editors.

[/quote]

No worse than stories for the sake of them to the tune of ''we played well'' or ''we are going to be better next time'' based upon an interview with the most accessible player at that moment in time; or alternatively the stories that the club want you to read because they have got the local journalists eating from the palm of their hand.

Because he told a close friend of mine who has been doing some work round his house at Roughton.

I don''t know about Chris Sutton (I''m more interested in Earnshaw, Huckerby, Croft et al) but there are certain columnists in certain newspapers that, for whatever reason - probably that I find them arrogant, self-opinionated & blindly biased - I can''t abide. Richard Balls is one of them. Come on you yellows!  

Thank God we have someone like Richard Balls to speak his mind.  Okay, perhaps not everyone (including me) might agree with him all the time, but he makes his point in a constructive way and dishes out praise and criticism in equal manner.  At the end of the day, he''s a genuine fan and it makes a change to read him rather than the endless spin coming out of Carrow Road.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

Kathy,

Your not paying silly mid off in his cricket team are you?

[/quote]

Perhaps she''s Theolster''s legendary brother (yes I know theres a gender issue but he can get very confused)!

Dionysus my point was that I feel that as readers of articles and listeners to interviews, we are entitled to the truth or that a speculative article should be posted as such rather than it be posed as factual.  It is possible that then we may get a more balanced response to posts and posting.

[quote user="Kathy"]

Because he told me.

[/quote]

i posted the same thing a while back Kathy and got ridiculed for not being able to give evidence of it! Some people just cant hack someone knowing more than they do!

I prefer, "Balls to the Waghorn"

RB''s a ''true fan'' - even if he doesn''t write the "comfy cosy togetherfullness kissy kissy lovey dovey all things are ''wunnerful'' and so absolutely OK at Carra Rud" surreal,  pretentious, sychophantic and patronising poopy doo doo''s - that certain supporters'' selective aural senses prefer to hear.

But then - that''s only my personal opinion.[:P]